Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my cat today

Boolit Grand Master

Lost my cat today

My cat died earlier today. Last animal we had. Lost the other cat in October. Got this one when she was maybe 3 weeks old. Nose to end of tail she wasn't as long as my hand, when we got her. Bottle fed her and she slept in my lap most of the time. Made it almost to 16 years old. Doesn't seem like its been that long ago we got her.

Sorry to hear that.
    It's hard to fathom how close they become to us.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I'm sorry you lost your friend today.
    As my grandfather used to tell me;
    I hope her last day was the first day before her worst day.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry for your loss. 16 years was a good run.

Moderator Emeritus

I am so sorry for your loss. Cats and dogs are special in our home and they give us so much love and devotion! If ya live in the country like we do someone will drop them off and you will get another cat or dog. When I was losing our schnauzer, my dog, God sent me a huge tom cat who moved into our home, our life, and my lap! Otis made losing Maggie easier as he refused to allow me to have a bad day!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Very sorry for your loss - Cats work there way deep into your heart. Especially if you had her since she was tiny. Your put your heart and soul into her. I hope she's there waiting for you when your time comes
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Hard to loose such a good friend.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Sorry to hear rockrat.
    It's what we sign on for but yeah, it's never easy.

Boolit Buddy
    It's not easy. Lost my buddy last year at 18 and the time flew by. Best wishes

Boolit Master
    I know your pain as I have lost 8 house cats over the years. Another one will steal your heart one day though it is hard to believe at this time. Each of mine was going to be the last but another one wormed its way into my heart.

Hope this poem helps.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Vendor Sponsor

Some things just stick with us for the duration. Sorry for your loss but look at the years of memories that cat imbued you with. They leave behind treasured memories not unlike ornaments on a Christmas tree in our memory.

I had a redneck cat once named Bocephus, he was a fighter and I was the only one that could pick him up, I'd sit him on my chest and he loved to play with the bill of my ballcap. He was SMART too! He knew about 20 words, could distinguish his toys by their names. He would let the GF walk him on a leash. I let the GF keep him when we parted, he loved her b/c she was sick with COPD and I think he knew her time was short so he was a great comfort to her. She passed and he went to a friend, that was 15yrs ago, I am sure he is gone by now but I think of him often and I wonder what became of him.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    It's been 18 months +- since my special cat Sox had to be euthanized. I still miss her. 13.5 years wasn't long enough.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Grand Master
    square butte---she will probably be waiting, but really waiting to see if I have a can of vienna sausages in my hand. She really liked them more than catnip, and she loved catnip!! If I was sitting, eating some, she would come over and snatch one off the fork I was using.

Boolit Master
    Losing a loved pet is always hard. We had a big tomcat that had cancer. When it was his time to go, the vet asked me if I wanted to hold him, when he administered the injection. I declined cuz I knew I could not bear watching him go away, into lalaland. Then I broke down and cried like a baby when they took him away. Boy, I need to go hug our new kitten.

Boolit Buddy
    Dang! One of the hardest things to endure is losing a pet. Very sorry for your loss.

Moderator Emeritus

They take a piece of our hearts with them, to make sure they know us when we pass and join them

Boolit Master
    I was pondering things the other day,, thinking on how we haven't had a cat story lately. I was thinking of the 3-legged "Mittens" in Johnson City Tn,, and the others that have been mentioned here.

Then I see this.

I too feel your loss. You have our condolences. Cats ARE special.

We love our cats here. We lost one last July,, and she was truly a sweet cat. At 17+ she was an angel. My wife was heartbroken. So, after a bit,, she began to look for another "baby" for her. We have 3 others,, but (2) of them are mostly mine. the 3rd,, is anybody's. So,, in September,, I was told; "I want a kitten." Well, I mentioned that it should be a male, and we'd need to check it's personality prior to adopting it. On my wife's B-Day,, we brought home an 8 wk old Tuxedo little boy.
    He has proven to be a truly fun, loving and very adorable cat for us. We've had him "fixed" and he is truly been a blessing to add to the empty spot of losing our other cat.

So,, with that,, allow yourself the grief of loss. But maybe,, just maybe,, out there is another fluffy little kitten that needs a good home. Let it find you.

Moderator Emeritus

Tuxedo kitties are special, very much lovers who need to be with their human all the time. Oreo was ALWAYS in whatever room I was in, in my lap at times but he never learned to keep his claws to himself so that was limited. Slept curled up against my back at night after some petting and face washing. He made it to 23 years old so was a very old kitty!

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Sorry about the pet, It's never easy loosing part of the fur family.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by winger ed. View Post
    sorry to hear that.
    It's hard to fathom how close they become to us.
    amen
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast