MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Ultra-Sonic Cleaning

Ultra-Sonic Cleaning

After a range session today with my SAA, I placed my deprimed brass in the cleaner and decided to place all small parts from my pistol in a small beaker alongside the brass. Beaker had parts and a enough Ballistol/water to cover the top. After 30 minutes, the assortment of screws and parts were cleaner than I would have done manually. For what it’s worth, the smaller volume mixture of moose milk was hotter that the solution cleaning the brass (water and Dawn). I’m assuming the smaller contained solution magnified the vibrations and result in a sonic cleaner version of a microwave at the same time. I’ve read previously the small glass containing parts worked better than if in the entire tank, and I’m now a believer. Next time the Cap and Ball comes out, so will the cleaner for its small parts, to include the nipples.

Boolit Master

My cleaner isn't big enough for the frame of my ROA. But, the cylinder and nipples fit just fine. I just use a bit of Simple Green and they come out like new. It is fun to watch the stuff start coming off the parts when you first put them in the tank.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.