Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Third Day

The Third Day

Found a listing stuck in one of the bibles this week of verses touching upon three days / third day, references to a study that had been put aside when we relocated across the continent going on seven years ago. A happy find for me, a project to get back into. Posting here for anyone's interests.

1 Chronicles 21:12
    either three years of famine, or three months to be swept away before your foes, while the sword of your enemies overtakes you, or else three days of the sword of the LORD, even pestilence in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the territory of Israel.' Now, therefore, consider what answer I shall return to Him who sent me."

1 Kings 12:12
    Then Jeroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam on the third day as the king had directed, saying, "Return to me on the third day."

1 Kings 12:5
    Then he said to them, "Depart for three days, then return to me." So the people departed.

1 Kings 3:18
    "It happened on the third day after I gave birth, that this woman also gave birth to a child, and we were together. There was no stranger with us in the house, only the two of us in the house.

1 Samuel 20:19
    "When you have stayed for three days, you shall go down quickly and come to the place where you hid yourself on that eventful day, and you shall remain by the stone Ezel.

1 Samuel 20:5
    So David said to Jonathan, "Behold, tomorrow is the new moon, and I ought to sit down to eat with the king But let me go, that I may hide myself in the field until the third evening.

1 Samuel 9:20
    "As for your donkeys which were lost three days ago, do not set your mind on them, for they have been found And for whom is all that is desirable in Israel? Is it not for you and for all your father's household?"

2 Kings 2:17
    But when they urged him until he was ashamed, he said, "Send." They sent therefore fifty men; and they searched three days but did not find him.

2 Kings 20:5
    "Return and say to Hezekiah the leader of My people, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David, "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD.

2 Kings 20:8
    Now Hezekiah said to Isaiah, "What will be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and that I shall go up to the house of the LORD the third day?"

2 Samuel 1:2
    On the third day, behold, a man came out of the camp from Saul, with his clothes torn and dust on his head And it came about when he came to David that he fell to the ground and prostrated himself.

2 Samuel 24:13
    So Gad came to David and told him, and said to him, "Shall seven years of famine come to you in your land? Or will you flee three months before your foes while they pursue you? Or shall there be three days' pestilence in your land? Now consider and see what answer I shall return to Him who sent me."

Esther 5:1
    Now it came about on the third day that Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king's palace in front of the king's rooms, and the king was sitting on his royal throne in the throne room, opposite the entrance to the palace.

Exodus 10:22
    So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and there was thick darkness in all the land of Egypt for three days.

Exodus 10:23
    They did not see one another, nor did anyone rise from his place for three days, but all the sons of Israel had light in their dwellings.

Exodus 15:22
    Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness and found no water.

Exodus 19:11
    and let them be ready for the third day, for on the third day the LORD will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people.

Exodus 19:15
    He said to the people, "Be ready for the third day; do not go near a woman."

Exodus 3:18
    "They will pay heed to what you say; and you with the elders of Israel will come to the king of Egypt and you will say to him, 'The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us So now, please, let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.'

Exodus 5:3
    Then they said, "The God of the Hebrews has met with us. Please, let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God, otherwise He will fall upon us with pestilence or with the sword."

Exodus 8:27
    "We must go a three days' journey into the wilderness and sacrifice to the LORD our God as He commands us."

Ezra 8:32
    Thus we came to Jerusalem and remained there three days.

Genesis 1:13
    There was evening and there was morning, a third day.

Genesis 22:4
    On the third day Abraham raised his eyes and saw the place from a distance.

Genesis 30:36
    And he put a distance of three days' journey between himself and Jacob, and Jacob fed the rest of Laban's flocks.

Genesis 31:22
    When it was told Laban on the third day that Jacob had fled

Genesis 34:25
    Now it came about on the third day, when they were in pain, that two of Jacob's sons, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brothers, each took his sword and came upon the city unawares, and killed every male.

Genesis 40:12
    Then Joseph said to him, "This is the interpretation of it: the three branches are three days;

Genesis 40:18
    Then Joseph answered and said, "This is its interpretation: the three baskets are three days;

Genesis 42:17
    So he put them all together in prison for three days.

Genesis 42:18
    Now Joseph said to them on the third day, "Do this and live, for I fear God:

Hosea 6:2
    "He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, That we may live before Him.

Joshua 2:16
    She said to them, "Go to the hill country, so that the pursuers will not happen upon you, and hide yourselves there for three days until the pursuers return. Then afterward you may go on your way."

Joshua 2:22
    They departed and came to the hill country, and remained there for three days until the pursuers returned. Now the pursuers had sought them all along the road, but had not found them.

Joshua 9:17
    Then the sons of Israel set out and came to their cities on the third day. Now their cities were Gibeon and Chephirah and Beeroth and Kiriath-jearim.

Judges 19:4
    His father-in-law, the girl's father, detained him; and he remained with him three days. So they ate and drank and lodged there.

Leviticus 19:7
    'So if it is eaten at all on the third day, it is an offense; it will not be accepted.

Leviticus 7:18
    'So if any of the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings should ever be eaten on the third day, he who offers it will not be accepted, and it will not be reckoned to his benefit. It shall be an offensive thing, and the person who eats of it will bear his own iniquity.

Nehemiah 2:11
    So I came to Jerusalem and was there three days.

Numbers 10:33
    Thus they set out from the mount of the LORD three days' journey, with the ark of the covenant of the LORD journeying in front of them for the three days, to seek out a resting place for them.

Numbers 29:20
    Then on the third day: eleven bulls, two rams, fourteen male lambs one year old without defect;

Numbers 33:8
    They journeyed from before Hahiroth and passed through the midst of the sea into the wilderness; and they went three days' journey in the wilderness of Etham and camped at Marah.

Numbers 7:24
    On the third day it was Eliab the son of Helon, leader of the sons of Zebulun;

1 Chronicles 12:39
    They were there with David three days, eating and drinking, for their kinsmen had prepared for them.

1 Corinthians 15:4
    and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Acts 27:19
    and on the third day they threw the ship's tackle overboard with their own hands.

John 2:1
    On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there;

Luke 13:32
    And He said to them, "Go and tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I reach My goal.'

Luke 24:21
    "But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, it is the third day since these things happened.

Luke 24:26
    and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day,

Luke 9:22
    saying, "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed and be raised up on the third day."

Matthew 16:21
    From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day.

Matthew 17:23
    and they will kill Him, and He will be raised on the third day." And they were deeply grieved.

Matthew 20:19
    and will hand Him over to the Gentiles to mock and scourge and crucify Him, and on the third day He will be raised up."

It is intriguing to me. Adding computerized word processing to the boons supplied by having interlinear bibles and concordances is marvelous in that it lets a person rapidly compile references to study. That's what that listing is, extracted data points to look at in a research project that had been prompted by Hosea 6:2. Found more that I suspected was there, found things refreshed in my mind that I'd forgotten. That's the way it is when researching, becoming current and refreshed with much more.

With the types established, a day as a thousand years and returning on the third day, looks to me as though I should expect Him to return after an absence of two thousand years.

My thoughts have been guiding me towards a study of the fire He brings when He returns. Perhaps there's something I need to look at and it is time to compile some listings on it for as a study guide. Reckon I'll find out.

Well, I'm on the eighth page for fire. It's already stretching out into supplementary searches such as voice and nostrils.

Double post.
    Last edited by Good Cheer; 05-03-2022 at 06:57 AM.

The tech is set up to allow the devil to take over and control the financial viability of each individual. Peace is being taken from the Earth. The global supply systems are set up to make everything much much more expensive. Diseases are intentionally being spread. All the time this is looking more like forming up for the third day. All the time. I hope it backs off but I don't think it's going to.

And it's still ramping up, and as near as I can tell, on schedule.

Boolit Master
    Please do not forget my favorite missionary, Jonah.

17Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah.
    And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

There is the Bible prophesy of the Empty Tomb over and over again.

You bet. More examples of the third day.

With the obvious overlapping of the beginning of the third day with the ending of the fig tree generation, it lends a sense of the here and now, a sense of immediacy to study. Being an old person I shouldn't reasonably expect to keep breathing until the day Jesus arrives so that I could be changed as Paul described but still, catching onto the third day has given me an added appreciation of how fast events are moving right now in the fulfillment of prophecy.

Venturing back into the third day, was reading through the various passages listed above and was thinking about the Exodus. Tried punching up "third day" and bumped into this presentation. Thought it was interesting to see how someone treated the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCwlqlUF9cA

The third day- Friday, Saturday, Sunday in the grave. But not 72 hours. Very interesting, it’s like the time it takes for something to change. Like human consciousness in those days, like a safer time comes around, like an ample time to be notified, or anger to get over. Change so often took 3 days.

If the third day really is starting in the next few years (2000 years after His sacrifice) then there sure is a lot to get squeezed in before the end of the fig tree generation. Faster and faster like labor pains.

I'm back to editing the third day study table, double checking the verses' listing and adding in the meanings of the names of people and places. It's five pages now. This morning was working on it. And I bumped into...

First was the names of Job's daughters.
    1st = Jemima (dove)
    The holy spirit descends as a dove in the first day.
    2nd = Kezia (scraped off, ended)
    This Earth age ends.
    3rd = Kerenhappuch (radiant / beautiful eyes)
    Third day is when Christ's returns with eyes as flames of fire.
    OK, maybe a coincidence. After all if you torture scripture enough it will say anything.

And then there was Jesse's sons (David's brothers).
    1st = Eliab (my God is father)
    Yeah, God is Jesus' father and the first day is when.
    2nd = Abinadab (the father is generous)
    Yes, the father continues to be generous in the second day.
    3rd = Shammah (appalling desolation)
    The third day is when the desolator sits in the holy place showing himself that he is God.
    And it's looking less like coincidence all the time.

Fellas, it's just another example of why I love studying and learning stuff.

Boolit Master
    Thank you for posting that Good Cheer I cheerfully printed it!
    One night that list went by too fast.
    That Wednesday night in Lent when we studied
    What day of the week was Jesus crucified?
    Three days comes up over and over.

Boolit Master
    Were there two Sabbaths that week Thursday-Passover and Saturday?
    What day did they kill the Passover lamb?

I never would have thought of that, but for a Pastor who studies his Book.

Still working on it. I've rev'ed the listing, making a word.doc searchable table with the meaning of names added in as a study tool. It's still a work in the works, easy to add and delete stuff.
    If you shoot me a PM with your email address I'll send a copy.

Boolit Buddy

GoodCheer...
    I was reading Matthew 21:19 the other night

It got me thinking about your fig tree generation explanation so I went back to see it and couldn't find it. It must have been on that thread that got executed.

How to you think Matthew 21:19 coalescence's with Matthew 24:32

Matthew 21:19
    19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

Matthew 24:32
    32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

Was Christ talking about Israel metaphorically in both verses with regards to the Fig tree?

Hey Alabama, I was thinking about that too, and not for the first time. Was Jesus teaching in the form of a parable again, as if to say they were a barren tree that would soon wither?
    Or was he showing the disciples the power of faith?
    Or both?
    I'm not comfortable with any one explanation yet.
    Do you have another approach to this passage? Any other insights?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Hey Alabama, I was thinking about that too, and not for the first time. Was Jesus teaching in the form of a parable again, as if to say they were a barren tree that would soon wither?
    Or was he showing the disciples the power of faith?
    Or both?
    I'm not comfortable with any one explanation yet.
    Do you have another approach to this passage? Any other insights?
    I was leaning towards both.

21:19 was defiantly a lesson in faith...but the statement of "Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever" is extremely direct and purposeful even permanent and must be considered when trying to unwind any of the fig tree references or parables.

24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: (It is near, even at the door as stated in the very next verse)

Truth be told, for years I thought the parable was just Christ responding to his crews question in 24:3

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world??

So I simply thought it was Christ saying... you want to know when and what the signs will be?

"IF" you have paid attention to the lesson that I have just taught you.
    It is as easy as looking at a fig tree and knowing when summer is nigh...The annual cycle of the fig tree

He even restated it in the very next chapter 24:33
    33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

I think Matthew 21:19 is a key... I just don't know what lock to put it in yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast