WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know about these hulls?

Boolit Buddy

Anyone know about these hulls?

I'm thinking of buying some of these once-fired hulls:

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/mo...tinfo/WINXP1F/

But I want to know exactly what type of hull they are. Would I use the load data from the Win Universal, or the Win Polyformed, or the Win AA (original), or the Win AA HS data? I want to be sure I can use the wads etc that I have around with these hulls.

Does anyone know about these? Ballistic Products hasn't answered my email about it.

A Winchester hull should be fairly easy to find loading data for. Try another e-mail, and if no answer phone them.

DG

Boolit Master

when you get them, cut one down the middle and compare to known styles, find one that matches.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master
    If they are the Win. cheap hulls....which is what they look like... they are junk. You will not be happy with them.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    If they are the Win. cheap hulls....which is what they look like... they are junk. You will not be happy with them.
    Attachment 296050

Or, just add last years miniature Christmas lights for redneck lighting.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I preferred reloading the Remington hulls. I have reloaded STS and the gun clubs. Nothing wrong with the cheaper gun clubs.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Brick85, save yourself some money and agony. Those are not good hulls at all, as previously stated. They are very weak, and most, if not all, will buckle or collapse upon crimping! Post a wtb in swap and sell, get yourself some real AA, either the old compression formed, or the newer hs style hulls, you will be better satisfied, and a lot less frustration, or wasting of components. As always, just my opinion based on years of experience in reloading shotshells. Good luck to you.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Grand Master

All you need to know is that BPI also has Remingotn Gun Club's in stock for $30/500. They are great shells for most things.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    All you need to know is that BPI also has Remingotn Gun Club's in stock for $30/500. They are great shells for most things.
    Remington gun clubs are great hulls. Can get like 10 reloads out of them.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't like the look of those store bought once fired Winchester hulls. You should stick to the brand/type you & your machine like the best. If you need a few hulls PM me. uncle mike

I also would pass on those. I bought some “1x fired” hulls from them. Some were clearly fired more than once but overall I was happy.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Go with the Remington gun club hulls. They are much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks, folks, I'll pass on those Winchester hulls. I'm sure at some point I'll be able to find something I can use with Cheddite primers, maybe even with Federal 12S0 wads too.

That website is a little disorganized but I did manage to find it after thinking I couldn't. This is a very good suggestion and I'll likely buy some if I can find data for what I need. Any ideas for using Cheddite primers with these? I don't have lots of experience with shotshell reloading but managed to snag a bunch of the Cheddite primers. Also have some Federal 209A and CCI 209 primers.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    The diameter just below the rim, where the primer seats in the case head is the critical dimension. These dimensions are as follows:

.240 = Rem.

.241 = CCI, Fed,

.242 = Nobel Sport, Win, Wolf,

.243 = Cheddite, Fiocchi,

.244 = Rio.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Buddy

Additionally, the hull pictured is a six point hull not an eight point as advertised. Go with the Remington option.

I use the AA HS hulls with the Cheddite primers. From the information I found on Hodgdons web site, it seems the Cheddite primers can be used in place of the Remington primers.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    The diameter just below the rim, where the primer seats in the case head is the critical dimension. These dimensions are as follows:

.240 = Rem.

.241 = CCI, Fed,

.242 = Nobel Sport, Win, Wolf,

.243 = Cheddite, Fiocchi,

.244 = Rio.
    So I'm guessing about .001 difference is ok either direction but not more than that? So Rem hulls with CCI/Fed primers, and Cheddites for anything .242 or bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Half Dog View Post
    I use the AA HS hulls with the Cheddite primers. From the information I found on Hodgdons web site, it seems the Cheddite primers can be used in place of the Remington primers.
    Yeah I think I saw that data to my great relief since I have some AA hulls and factory AA stuff I can shoot and load.

They look like Winchester Universals. they can be loaded 1-2 times but are best used in places where you can't pick up your hulls.

Then they become "Leverite." As in Leave r right there!
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brick85 View Post
    So I'm guessing about .001 difference is ok either direction but not more than that? So Rem hulls with CCI/Fed primers, and Cheddites for anything .242 or bigger?

Yeah I think I saw that data to my great relief since I have some AA hulls and factory AA stuff I can shoot and load.
    You shouldn't have any issue putting Cheddite 209's in those Remington hulls. You will never be able to use any other primer in them after that though, unless you get Fiocchi or Rio primers.

Boolit Buddy
    You shouldn't have any issue putting Cheddite 209's in those Remington hulls. You will never be able to use any other primer in them after that though, unless you get Fiocchi or Rio primers.
    Thanks. I have a lot of Cheddite primers. I guess I can mark the hulls with a C as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast