Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: giants in those days (genesis 6.4)

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    some kings ruled for like 600 -700 years. and how long did Moses live?
    I think there is a lot in the past we have little to no comprehension of.
    Not sure about Moses. However-- He lived in comparatively modern history.

The guy that wrote the book about finding Noah's ark back in the 70s makes a very valid case
    for Noah being about 600 years old when he started building the ark, the earth going through upheavals we can't imagine,
    and that he lived to be about 900.

By our teachings, experiences, etc.... It's hard to wrap your head around that.

Or when the last ice age ended quite suddenly- some think from a meteor strike-
    it rained basically all day- every day for about 100 years, and the sea level rose somewhere between 250 and 400 feet.
    And the land under and around the Great Lakes is still flexing and pushing itself back up from
    all the ice melting off the top of it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Very interesting topic, have wondered some of the same things since I was a child.

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Diamond View Post
    Very interesting topic, have wondered some of the same things since I was a child.
    I made the mistake of going on youtube and putting 'ancient civilizations' into their on site search engine.
    I was hooked!
    There is hundreds of hours of old & new documentaries and other videos on the subject.

A favorite channel is 'Bright Insight'. It's by a guy who served over in the Middle East, videoed various ruins
    while on active duty, and has gone back to sights where he served, and other places of the ancient world.

He filmed one place that went back probably before the Egyptians ruled the Nile.
    He shows it while he was in uniform, and again--- after the Taliban blasted it into a pile of dirt.

He shows what he sees, or has been allowed to video, and asks some very interesting questions
    about those places and the people who lived in and built them as he is narrating the video.

If you can find it-- read the book "Kon-Tiki" written in the 1940s or 50s.
    It was written along with another book about ancient mariners.
    In "Kon_Tiki" the author builds a balsa wood raft on the coast of S. America, and sails off into
    the Pacific ocean. He was trying to figure out where people on the Polynesian islands came from.
    He built the raft more or less from cave drawings, and images on old pottery.

When he finally came ashore on one island, the primitive people there weren't surprised at all to see him.
    They came right out to help bring it in from the surf.
    Their oral history told of fair skinned people with beards that would come back on rafts like his.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 02-25-2022 at 02:11 AM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

The tall red bearded people came to North and South America many centuries before the Spaniards.
    An early incursion I've read of seems to be about the time Joshua ran their stinky behinds out of the Levant.
    Were those part of genetically sullied mankind? Or just some of them maybe? I see no reason to doubt it.

PS,
    Speaking of these people, this reminds me of a topic I'm surprised isn't in the theological forum:
    "Who is running our country?"

Yeah, I know, some would immediately have the knee jerk reaction of thinking that's politics.
    But, no, it's not.
    Last edited by Good Cheer; 02-25-2022 at 06:28 AM.

Who's running our country? The ones Trump tried to get rid of. The multinational corporations, the Globalists, One world Government activists. The global warming lets fix it by taxing the rich idiots.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Hi GhostHawk.
    Was thinking along the lines of good and evil, thinking that we are in the front row seats of watching the machinery of the devil's global government being assembled. That we're in what is (at present at least) the super power of super powers being used to set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I made the mistake of going on youtube and putting 'ancient civilizations' into their on site search engine.
    I was hooked!
    There is hundreds of hours of old & new documentaries and other videos on the subject.

A favorite channel is 'Bright Insight'. It's by a guy who served over in the Middle East, videoed various ruins
    while on active duty, and has gone back to sights where he served, and other places of the ancient world.

He filmed one place that went back probably before the Egyptians ruled the Nile.
    He shows it while he was in uniform, and again--- after the Taliban blasted it into a pile of dirt.

He shows what he sees, or has been allowed to video, and asks some very interesting questions
    about those places and the people who lived in and built them as he is narrating the video.

If you can find it-- read the book "Kon-Tiki" written in the 1940s or 50s.
    It was written along with another book about ancient mariners.
    In "Kon_Tiki" the author builds a balsa wood raft on the coast of S. America, and sails off into
    the Pacific ocean. He was trying to figure out where people on the Polynesian islands came from.
    He built the raft more or less from cave drawings, and images on old pottery.

When he finally came ashore on one island, the primitive people there weren't surprised at all to see him.
    They came right out to help bring it in from the surf.
    Their oral history told of fair skinned people with beards that would come back on rafts like his.
    I seem to remember seeing something on TV (in the 70s?)
    About Kon Tiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Hi GhostHawk.
    Was thinking along the lines of good and evil, thinking that we are in the front row seats of watching the machinery of the devil's global government being assembled. That we're in what is (at present at least) the super power of super powers being used to set it up.
    Oh yeah GOOD N EVIL alright.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12