RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Estes Energetics to Extend the GOEX Black Powder Production Legacy

Boolit Grand Master

Estes Energetics to Extend the GOEX Black Powder Production Legacy

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...sfYgs9LN7_aU7U

Estes Energetics has acquired the assets of GOEX, the premier black powder brand, and will continue and grow production at its Louisiana manufacturing facility.

NEWS PROVIDED BY

Estes Energetics
    Jan 31, 2022, 08:36 ET

Estes Energetics (https://estesenergetics.com/) is pleased to announce the acquisition of GOEX from Hodgdon Powder Company. This last remaining commercial scale black powder factory in the United States produces GOEX and Olde Eynsford brands of black powder, which are highly regarded by competitive and recreational shooters, re-enactors, and muzzleloading hunters, as well as fireworks manufacturers. GOEX black powder also propels the model rocket motors of sister company Estes Industries, the leading model rocket brand, and supports the needs of the U.S. Military.

The acquisition of GOEX was completed in January 2022. "We are extremely excited to extend the relationship with our loyal customers as we ramp up production to satisfy pent up demand later this year," said Karl Kulling, CEO of Estes Energetics.

GOEX traces its roots back to 1802, when DuPont began producing black powder in Delaware. DuPont's Belin plant in Pennsylvania became part of GOEX in the early 1970s. In 1997, the operations of GOEX were moved to Minden, Louisiana. Estes Energetics plans to continue this legacy of high-quality American made black powder, bringing innovation and full-spectrum engineering capability to fortify safety and quality.

About Estes Energetics
    Estes Energetics is a defense and industrial company founded in 2021 that researches, designs, engineers, manufactures, tests, and integrates solid-propellant rocket motors, energetics and associated technologies for government and commercial customers. It combines practical propulsion solutions with advanced aerospace research and development. Estes Energetics has engineering, manufacturing, and test facilities in Penrose, Colorado near Colorado Springs. To learn more about Estes Energetics, please visit https://estesenergetics.com/

About GOEX Industries
    GOEX Industries manufactures high quality black powder that is used for sporting and fireworks applications and is a vital component for industrial and military applications. GOEX has been producing American made black powder for more than 200 years and is the only U.S. manufacturer of black powder. To learn more about GOEX Industries please visit https://goexpowder.com/

Karl Kulling
    CEO
    Estes Energetics
    328679@email4pr.com
    719-372-6565 x270
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    Great news, thanks for the heads up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...sfYgs9LN7_aU7U

Estes Energetics has acquired the assets of GOEX, the premier black powder brand, and will continue and grow production at its Louisiana manufacturing facility.

NEWS PROVIDED BY

Estes Energetics
    Jan 31, 2022, 08:36 ET

Estes Energetics (https://estesenergetics.com/) is pleased to announce the acquisition of GOEX from Hodgdon Powder Company. This last remaining commercial scale black powder factory in the United States produces GOEX and Olde Eynsford brands of black powder, which are highly regarded by competitive and recreational shooters, re-enactors, and muzzleloading hunters, as well as fireworks manufacturers. GOEX black powder also propels the model rocket motors of sister company Estes Industries, the leading model rocket brand, and supports the needs of the U.S. Military.

The acquisition of GOEX was completed in January 2022. "We are extremely excited to extend the relationship with our loyal customers as we ramp up production to satisfy pent up demand later this year," said Karl Kulling, CEO of Estes Energetics.

GOEX traces its roots back to 1802, when DuPont began producing black powder in Delaware. DuPont's Belin plant in Pennsylvania became part of GOEX in the early 1970s. In 1997, the operations of GOEX were moved to Minden, Louisiana. Estes Energetics plans to continue this legacy of high-quality American made black powder, bringing innovation and full-spectrum engineering capability to fortify safety and quality.

About Estes Energetics
    Estes Energetics is a defense and industrial company founded in 2021 that researches, designs, engineers, manufactures, tests, and integrates solid-propellant rocket motors, energetics and associated technologies for government and commercial customers. It combines practical propulsion solutions with advanced aerospace research and development. Estes Energetics has engineering, manufacturing, and test facilities in Penrose, Colorado near Colorado Springs. To learn more about Estes Energetics, please visit https://estesenergetics.com/

About GOEX Industries
    GOEX Industries manufactures high quality black powder that is used for sporting and fireworks applications and is a vital component for industrial and military applications. GOEX has been producing American made black powder for more than 200 years and is the only U.S. manufacturer of black powder. To learn more about GOEX Industries please visit https://goexpowder.com/

Karl Kulling
    CEO
    Estes Energetics
    328679@email4pr.com
    719-372-6565 x270
    I haven't owned a black-powder weapon since 1991, when my long guns were stolen from my stored household goods when I was shipped to Germany for several years. Lost a Thompson-Center Hawkin .50 cal rifle in that debacle. But I think this deserves a loud YEAH!!!

Bill

Boolit Grand Master

I had to pinch myself. It's so rare that we get honestly good news in the shooting world nowadays. I look forward to seeing Goex in the stores again.

Boolit Buddy
    Let's see if Estes can have a better record of no accidents than Goex did. Past that, Goex doesn't/didn't support youth muzzleloading programs so until that changes, they're not going to be anywhere in my magazine or guns. Till then, it's all Swiss and Schuetzen as they DO support youth shooting programs.
    A man cannot have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.
    Rudyard Kipling

Palmetto Sharpshooters
    North South Skirmish Association
    NRA Muzzleloading Instructor

Boolit Buddy

Excellent news.

Boolit Buddy
    Its great to have a US powder option, but after using Swiss, I'm reluctant to change.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Estes could recover their purchase price faster by eliminating the subcontracted Yeloow Maple charcoal an switch yo Alder Buckthorn. Increase the mix and polish time's and the quality could bump up against Swiss
    Regards
    John

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Estes could recover their purchase price faster by eliminating the subcontracted Yeloow Maple charcoal an switch yo Alder Buckthorn. Increase the mix and polish time's and the quality could bump up against Swiss
    Sounds like you need to go apply for a management position there. Myself, I'd rather they stick with a domestic source of wood. As far as I'm concerned, the quality of Olde Eynsford was already as good as anything in the world. Whether or not you liked the performance or not is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    There are no magic secrets to making a high quality black powder. All they have to do is do it right, instead of doing it cheap..
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    That’s good news. I hope they do well and don’t raise prices too much.

Does anyone know where Estes got their BP from before? Did they make their own or buy it from Goex?

Boolit Master

Estes had previously used Goex products in its rockets.

https://www.guns.com/news/2022/02/01...art-production
    Last edited by HamGunner; 02-03-2022 at 10:45 PM.
    73 de n0ubx, Rick
    NRA Benefactor Life Member/VFW Life Member