Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 ga Hammergun

Boolit Buddy
    I admit to a serious addiction to SxS shotguns—especially those with sidelock actions and hammers. So far I have been fortunate enough to collect 2 in 410, 1 in 44/410, 1 in 28, 1 in 24, 3 in 20, 1 in 16, 2 in 12 and 1 in 10 bores. Still searching for a 32 bore.
    I regularly shoot clays and hunt with most of these, finding it great fun to build suitable ammo for the task.

Boolit Bub
    I am new here and posted on the black powder thread about 209 primers in rifle cases. I am also into SxS shotguns and just finished development of a nice light load for my Bonehill 8 gauge hammer gun. Now I am working on the opposite end of the spectrum, extra heavy one ounce loads for a 410. I have 8 gauge, 10 gauge, 12 gauge including a Manton Paradox, 16 gauge Cape gun, missing a twenty but have 28's and a 24 plus a couple of 410's. I have several tested loads for Damascus guns. Anyone interested in starting a conversation, I will send you my private email. Now I know I will like it here, Squid Boy

Welcome to the board, Squid Boy - FWIW, you can use this forum's private message board ILO email for head-to-head discussions.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Bub
    pietro, I would welcome anyone that wants to message me. That is a fine looking little hammer gun and the lines are very much like a Belgian Hanquet Cape gun I have. Even the light engraving on the locks looks similar. Those proof marks are driving me nuts and don't make much sense at all. I thought perhaps the oval with the CLA was the importers stamp and it would be Claybrough but a closer look shows periods between the letters. Plus the Choke mark is too new for it to be them. The Crown M has me baffled. Even so it is a sweet little gun. Good luck with it. Squid Boy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid Boy View Post
    I am new here and posted on the black powder thread about 209 primers in rifle cases. I am also into SxS shotguns and just finished development of a nice light load for my Bonehill 8 gauge hammer gun. Now I am working on the opposite end of the spectrum, extra heavy one ounce loads for a 410. I have 8 gauge, 10 gauge, 12 gauge including a Manton Paradox, 16 gauge Cape gun, missing a twenty but have 28's and a 24 plus a couple of 410's. I have several tested loads for Damascus guns. Anyone interested in starting a conversation, I will send you my private email. Now I know I will like it here, Squid Boy
    You possibly coming to the Southern Side by Side in Sanford NC mid April ? Bring your Bonehill if you do we're having a 25 target informal 5 stand thing at 10 AM friday morning for the 8 gauge guns . There will be maybe 12-20 of us there shooting 8 gauge guns . Theres also a trophy 8 gauge even at Rock Mountain Sporting Clays in Meshoppen PA in late July . If memory serves Mike's event is 15 targets at his 5 stand course . I'll have four cannons at Sanford but probably only 2 at Rock Mountain . Incidently if you come to Sanford stop by the Parker Smith Challenge tent at the dove field . This year the Parker display will be 8 gauge guns , 28 gauge and 410's hence the reason I'm carting all four of mine down .

On a side note I acquired a 410 hammer gun with 30" barrels that I'll pick up at the Southern in a few weeks , sadly it's not a Parker but rather a Belgium made gun but then again Parker never made a 410 hammer gun . Might shoot the 410 hammer gun class while I'm there . I will shoot the 410 hammerless however .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    Attachment 295962Attachment 295963Attachment 295964Attachment 295965I have a 12 ga. Double with hammers that has a no forend , the lever that unlocks the action and second lever that allows the barrels to be removed from the action are sculpted to be your forend. It’s made in Belgium but has no makers name on it may be a guild made gun ? It’s got 2 1/2” chambers and I still haven’t fired it , I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago and have tried to find some RST shotshells for it but haven’t got any so I may load some of my own with cut down hulls and a roll crimper.I have found some good 1 OZ loads with SR 4756 that are only about 5 K pressure and I still have a pound of that powder left. It’s seems to be a good quality made double and the locks and triggers work fine and it locks up super tight.
    I just have to many irons in the fire with dozens of project guns to get busy and shoot it. It’s on my list !

Jedman
    I loaded several thousand 16 gauge one ounce loads with SR4756 in 2021 and have enough I think to get me thru sporting clays this year and perhaps next year . A friend sold me a mountain of the old AA style 16 gauge hulls , about thirty bags of Remington SP-16 wads , four pounds of SR4756 and a MEC 650 set up for the load . I already had a MEC 9000 in 16 but decided to try the 650 . It made a really nice shell . Last spring and summer I acquired four more pounds of 4756 and used it all . Now I’m keeping my eyes open for more 4756 and in the mean while I’ve been working on a Red Dot load using the SP-16 wad as I have a truckload of Red Dot .

Boolit Bub
    Sika, Craig Larter was kind enough to invite me to shoot with the big 8's and I will be bringing the Bonehill. I also have a Lefever 410 and a Pieper 24 gauge that I plan to shoot and maybe a 10 gauge as well. It is always a good time. I am planning on going to Rock Mtn. and to Vintagers at Hausmann's as well to shoot double rifle and combination guns. Actually, the Bonehill belonged to Ernie Hausmann and I bought it from him after the last Vintage match. Four eights is quite a handful. Looking forward to meeting you at Sanford. Squid Boy

Boolit Master
    Sika, Craig Larter was kind enough to invite me to shoot with the big 8's and I will be bringing the Bonehill. I also have a Lefever 410 and a Pieper 24 gauge that I plan to shoot and maybe a 10 gauge as well. It is always a good time. I am planning on going to Rock Mtn. and to Vintagers at Hausmann's as well to shoot double rifle and combination guns. Actually, the Bonehill belonged to Ernie Hausmann and I bought it from him after the last Vintage match. Four eights is quite a handful. Looking forward to meeting you at Sanford. Squid Boy
    Larter has as many as I ! He’s got Parker’s and a Lefever all I’ve got are Parker’s . There will be a couple LC Smith guys there as well . Oh yeah he’ll most likely put together another for the fun of it 8 gauge shoot at Hausemanns in June , I expect to be up for that as well . We had a for fun 8 gauge deal in June last year . I did four multiple day shoots last year Sanford , Hausemanns, Koneski’s and Hemingway’s in SC . Without a doubt if I could only do two a year it would be Koneski’s and Hemingway’s. I like Sanford but it’s kinda got a circus atmosphere with all the stuff for sale , Hausemanns is nice also but a PITA to find the first couple times since my GPS won’t work within eight miles of the place . I went to Hausemanns last year and hopefully this year because the Parker Collectirs annual banquet are Friday night in Vestal NY .which reminds me I need to call Empire Carts and reserve a cart for Hausemanns and Rick Mountain , a friend gets hotel rooms for several of us and we pay on arrival . I take care of the golf cart and give them a ride if they want .
    Last edited by 6pt-sika; 03-27-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I will have my Parker buddy with me at Sanford and he is really into them. I was drawing a blank on Koneski's and Hemingway's until I realized Koneski owns Rock Mtn. and Hemingway owns Back Woods. I have been trying to get to the Fall shoot in SC for years and something always comes up. Looking forward to it. Squid Boy

Boolit Master
    I will have my Parker buddy with me at Sanford and he is really into them. I was drawing a blank on Koneski's and Hemingway's until I realized Koneski owns Rock Mtn. and Hemingway owns Back Woods. I have been trying to get to the Fall shoot in SC for years and something always comes up. Looking forward to it. Squid Boy
    There were no vendors at Hemingway’s just a couple guys with four or five guns for sale and the pro shop . Think I shot almost 1,000 targets down there . It was nice just shoot eat lunch , shoot go to the hotel get cleaned up and go eat seafood at one of the waterfront resteraunts . I got there a day early and shot a practice round with a friend that now lives down there and it also gave me an extra night for fresh seafood !

Boolit Bub
    All the more reasons to go this year. Squid Boy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12