Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: alox lube

Boolit Buddy

alox lube

I have bullets that I have lubed with liquid alox and stored in a coffee can for over a year.
    My question is; do these need to be relubed before I load and shoot them, or just go ahead as they are?
    BD

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    If they have not acquired dust and dirt from sitting around uncovered for many years they will be just fine. I store bulk bullets in ammo cans until needed and am just now using up Saeco #348 double-end wadcutters cast from FBI-Quantico backstop scrap which I put up in 1987.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy

I use the 45/45/10 for tumble lube. It's a blend made from Alox. Have had no issuses with bullets after long storage GW

I am transitioning to powder coat, but I always stored my lubed bullets in sealed plastic containers like peanut butter jars.

Boolit Master
    I have stored cast bullets lube'd with LLA for many months in plastic containers and have never had an issue.
    ukrifleman

Load and shoot. The lube’s still there and isn’t going anywhere.

Boolit Master

I must be dim witted or something. This forum has created many sub-forums specific to areas of interest or discussion and the appropriate forum for this discussion is: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/for...8-Boolit-Lube-! and is not: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/for...d-Alternatives.

I often see brand new members posting things in the wrong areas, but I have to wonder how someone with over 400 posts hasn't figured it out. In other words, what does ALOX have to do with Powder Coating, Hi-Tec coatings or other non-lube type stuff? Yea I'm showing my *** a bit bit but..."come on man...."
    Last edited by oley55; 01-31-2022 at 12:11 AM.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Oley55, it's so good to get information from a "expert" such as you.
    Thanks

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog454 View Post
    Oley55, it's so good to get information from a "expert" such as you.
    Thanks
    you are welcome, but one should not confuse expertise of a subject with plain ole common sense, but I digress...

It does seem a moderator has moved your ALOX thread from the Alternative Coatings sub-forum to the Bullet Lubes sub-forum, so it's not just me. Again, you are welcome.
    Last edited by oley55; 02-01-2022 at 01:58 AM.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

As a matter of fact, I use BLL over my PC'd bullets all the time. What can it hurt.

never thought about it till i read this thread - have pistol + rifle bullets lubed with Lee lquid alox between 9 + 12 years ago that i use w/o any problems - stored loose in clean tight plastic file boxes -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    GONRA gotta gallon can of Alox 2831F (?) directly from the manufacturer decades ago
    directly from the manufacturer,
    per the 1950's/1960'S AR article.

Pure stuff has verkedd GREAT for INSIDE LUBED Auto Pistol Boolits over the decades....