Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another what is it

Boolit Grand Master

If it was black it would be made by Lyman for the 45 lubesizer, guys.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    If it was black it would be made by Lyman for the 45 lubesizer, guys.
    Both of my black SAECO lubrisizers puchased used off of e-bay (before the prices went nuts) came with these clamps in black.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Not having any Redding equipment, and fact that it doesn’t open up enough for my bench is what threw me.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Not having any Redding equipment, and fact that it doesn’t open up enough for my bench is what threw me.
    I use mine for these https://www.creedmoorsports.com/prod...-by-department since I like to have a measure next to the press I am using and as I stated I tend to collect presses so my benches are overcrowded with presses. I move my measures a lot.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 01-29-2022 at 07:05 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Sure looks like a table top clamp to me. The two legs under the edge of the table, and screw the round pad down on whatever you're clamping against the table top. Could possibly have some reloading application, such as clamping a powder measure to the bench top, etc.

DG
    Other way around , the clamp held a bullet sizer , the legs went on each side and the screw handle was underneath the counter ... good for clamping something without perminant mounting ...
    I just use two C clamps on stuff because I never saw the need for a double clamp .
    And you are limited on what the clamp will fit on too !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I have a black colored one that I use to hold my stand mounted Uniflow II to the bench. Bought it from Sinclair years ago, perfect tool for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Other way around , the clamp held a bullet sizer , the legs went on each side and the screw handle was underneath the counter ... good for clamping something without perminant mounting ...
    I just use two C clamps on stuff because I never saw the need for a double clamp .
    And you are limited on what the clamp will fit on too !
    Gary
    Cool! Well, I was just venturing a guess on the item's design-- I've never seen one before. At least I was in the ballpark!

DG

Boolit Buddy
    Was there a small vice with it? Brownell's use to offer a British a made gun smithing vice in about that color that used a similar clamp.

Boolit Master
    There was a boat builder when I was a kid (50's era) that used a clamp like that when he was attaching the stringers to the frame of the boat. They allowed room to screw the stringer on the frame while applying equal pressure either side of the frame. Predrill with a bit and brace, tap the hole before you ran in the brass screws. Tedious work but better than sanding with a wore out piece of sandpaper.

After many years of woodworking, that's the only time I remember seeing that clamp used on wood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12