Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20 gauge AS-Grizzly fullbore , rifled choke. First try.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Out of curiosity what does your colour coding signify... different alloys? Different wad column? Powder? Other? All of the above?

I'm not powder coating (yet anyway) but I like the option of different colours for different loads or purposes... along with the benefit of no leading.

Good looking slugs for sure!

Longbow
    It depends. I find colours practical when developing loads and eg. when I'm chronoing five loads at once. No need for separate ammo boxes. Easy to take pics as memo.

Certain colours are never loaded mild so if I find older ammo I know which are good to go.

I have not really ventured to pure lead slugs, I rather load hard and fast. So no alloy coding here really.

B&W Winter Camo is just that, a harder to see incoming slug.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Captain, I have a similar style Svarog Zveroboy tailwad slug,too. No success yet. This AS Grizzly is supposed to shoot from a rifled barrel. Rifled choke...? I'm finding out.

I tried three more different wad colums. Same load.

Two of these made round holes @ 25 meters. The one with a gas seal/nitro card/two tall "cardwads" (what do you call those black,hard things?) keyholed big time.

This is the same (russian?) cushion as yesterday, I only substituted the cork with this black "whatdoyoucallit?" Got round holes and a group this way. The other ,(italian) cushion, worked with 28 and 20 corks.

A blizzard / storm is coming with a foot of snow now, I'm glad I got this test done before it hits.

I will try a slower powder (VV 3N37) next but first shoot these two 50 m.

I may dump this column, it's very hard to get that 28 gauge cork to stay in the cup. It keeps slipping back up and out. But you need it in there for support,in this case under a 20 gauge cork.

All in all,this is pretty crazy stuff. If / when you find working components, you run out of them and can't find them any more...
    i believe the twist rate is the problem. i think they can't handle the fast twist of the rifled bbls

Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    i believe the twist rate is the problem. i think they can't handle the fast twist of the rifled bbls
    Haven’t fired these from my 20, but they shoot great on my 12’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I found some slugs after the snow went away.

Pretty good rifling marks from the Carlson's choke, no skidding.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123