RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Kioti 45 - 60 hp tractors

Kioti 45 - 60 hp tractors

Anyone have any experience with these? Good? Bad? Ugly? Looking at a utility tractor with a loader to do basic chores. Food plots, road maintenance, timber management, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

I'm not very tractor savvy. Or, for that matter, very automotive-of-any-kind savvy. I have a Kioti CK20H (so says the manual), and it says it's 21 hp. So, if that is correct, it is far below the hp rating you're inquiring about. But I will give it a testimonial--it's done everything that I wanted it to do, and survived in good shape. It normally has a scoop bucket on the front and a snow blower on the back, and will clear away enough snow that I can get out if need be. Sometimes I wish it had a lot more power, but if it did I'd be buying a lot more diesel fuel, and as it is I've gotten by with about 10 gal. per winter. In the summer I venture into the forest and cut up firewood-- haul it to my dually Chevy in the bucket. If I was going to buy a bigger tractor and a Kioti was available and priced right, I'd jump on it.
    DG

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM007020.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	295316 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM007007.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	295317 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM006820.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	295318

I have the k3510se which is also smaller than what you asked about but I've been very happy with mine. I had the rear tires loaded for extra ballast. It does everything I need and I'd buy another kioti again if needed

Boolit Master

45 to 60 is a big tractor. Not throwing shade or trying to insult but do you need that much machine?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Anyone have any experience with these? Good? Bad? Ugly? Looking at a utility tractor with a loader to do basic chores. Food plots, road maintenance, timber management, etc.

The Kioti's I have seen all were great machines! My present tractor is a Kubota -- I reckon for maintenance and attachments, the quite local Kubota dealership was where to go. A note or two re ANY tractor buying, for me, includes:
    1/ Is the transmission hydro or shuttle/shift... Many newer models (past decade or so) are hydro. I say a little prayer of thanks vis my 'Bota as there is a front, and a rear, pedal on floorboard. I press the front and she goes forward; tap on the rear, and it travels in reverse. NO shifting for use! (There are two speeds -- the turtle and the rabbit which may be selected)
    2/ Is the tractor 2wd (really 1) or 4wd (really 2)? A 2wd tractor has but one drive wheel unless one engages the lock, which then makes it 2-wheel drive. (I buried one, years back, to its hubs!) My 'Bota is 4wd and makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! when pushing snow, digging dirt, etc... I would not be without it
    3/ The "new kid on the block" re most all tractors is the universal skid steer attahmentability. (Mine predates this wonderful feature!) Hence, while there are sites/vendors for specific machines; and, general which may or may not fit your machine (e.g., Tractor Supply) -- it may well be worth looking into vid what attachments you may want/need in future.
    4/ The overall size/weight of the unit versus your transportability. Mine is now at home for snow push detail -- over 20 hours doing such so far this winter -- but lives at camp all summer. I have a double-axle trailer which enables transport, and I am frankly just at the cusp weight-wise in pulling it with my Tacoma. The trailer has electric brakes; I had to have a set of helper rear springs installed on my truck. Hence -- unless you wish to never move the unit from your property -- most 45+hp tractors are quite heavy. The John Deere tractor dealer (previous) tractor exacts $70.00 each for pickup and delivery for service, etc.. (Why I bought my trailer)
    5/ I suspect your unit comes with a 3-pt hitch -- check the Category (e.g., Cat 1; or Cat 2;, or Cat 3 ???) vis anything you wish to hook onto it -- e.g., a 540rpm PTO --(this is what is required for my Land Pride wood chipper).
    Good luck / happy (tractor) hunting!!! 99.9% of the time :time stops" when I'm sitting on my Kubota's seat -- I just LOVE this tractor sooo much!
    geo

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    45 to 60 is a big tractor. Not throwing shade or trying to insult but do you need that much machine?
    We live on 108 acres with woods. Lots of bush hogging and lifting work. My Grandfather always said "you can do a lot of little work with a big tractor but you can't do any big work with a little tractor". Another old saying " I've never heard an implement dealer say he had a customer come in and say "that tractor i bought is just too big"
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Parts and service mean something (to me) and I'd be concerned about long term availability. They could make a really nice tractor but if the part you need is in Asia somewhere then what's the tractor worth to you now?

Boolit Master

We live on 108 acres with woods. Lots of bush hogging and lifting work. My Grandfather always said "you can do a lot of little work with a big tractor but you can't do any big work with a little tractor". Another old saying " I've never heard an implement dealer say he had a customer come in and say "that tractor i bought is just too big"
    Exactly why I asked and I would agree with your Grandfather. A little background always helps to clear things up. I have only 5 acres and just sold a 29 horse Kubota and down sized to this JD Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JD2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	295320 It is smaller but fits my needs much better. I wish I had the need for a 60 horse.

Boolit Grand Master
    They are good machines and were on my list when I upgraded. But no dealers close enough to me.

Have a look at the LS if you have a good dealer near you. LS was not even on my list when I started shopping but ended up with one. Very satisfied with mine and I saved a lot over Kubota or Deere. My 40 hp unit will lift 2700 lbs. I use it for food plots, processing firewood, clearing snow and road maintenance. LS makes tractors for New Holland so parts should never be a problem.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Looking at it the other way: I bought a Kubota M6800 (68hp). It has been a terrific machine. However my needs required me to purchase a Case 580 backhoe as the Kubota just didn't have the weight and hydraulic power to accomplish my needs. So agreeing with this thinking but a farm tractor really isn't at home in the woods nor primarily is one it's strengths tasks rooted in hydraulic power (loader/backhoe). It is all about the 3-point/PTO.

One more thing about the backhoe purchase: the Kubota backhoe attachment was so expensive as to be nearly 2/3 of the used backhoe price, is horrible to remove when you need the 3-point and the Case can dig circles around a tractor attachment. Still liking the tractor but probably could have got by with a 40hp machine because I cannot haul either of them.

Boolit Buddy
    I think there’s something to be said for buying a tractor from whatever manufacturer has a local dealer with good parts and service departments.

Really take your time and think need vs want ..I farm 240AC but most are hardwoods with CRP that has to be mowed per contract as well as patches of 3 to 10 AC of food plots both row crop and forage type
    I'm running a JD 5055E which is basically a 55HP tractor 4X4 open station ..NOT hydro static tranny (many lost horses thru a hydro-stat transmission) I just can run a 7' HD bushog rated for 3" trees, easily pull 4 row corn planter, 16' drill eazy,10' cultivators about right and log work with the FEL is about right
    IT IS EXTREMELY important to buy the tractor as a FACTORY set up for AGRICULTURE tires and NOT the R4 that typically come on a backhoe and 80+ % of the compact tractors on the market today ( wet woods n hills are deadly as not only is driving traction of an R4 is less than an ag tire but LATERAL stability as in sliding side ways off a hill is MUCH greater with an R4 tire configuration
    Typically the gear ratios for the tractor are designed around the OEM tire the tractor is being built with and as the diameter of an R4 is different than the same tractor starting life as an agriculture tractor ..if you swap R4 for AG tires or vise versus (not done a factory) you will now have a tractor whose gearing is not maximized to the tire size (not all compact tractor manufactures gear differently for R4 vs AG but the better ones will so make your own case)
    The JD 5055E weighs 3 and half tons with fluid and weights and the 3 point lift arms will handle just short of 2 tons making the 5055E one of the best tractors in the business to be able to put all the horsepower to the ground

I/m not selling John Deere but what I am trying to explain is high horsepower and small dimensions are not conducive to putting the horsepower to the ground ..nor are light tractor overall weights conducive to horses to the ground
    I do not know anyone with a Kioti tractor and have no reason to knock them as the nearest dealer to us is 80 miles ..but I did go to "Tractor Data" ..a web site that will give you all the weights,dimension,HP,transmissions,years of production, hydraulic pump capacity and any other thing you want to know
    You do have to fairly compare things ..as an example I pulled up an NX6010 Kioti ..I have no idea if it is fair to compare a NX6010 Kioti 60HP tractor to the JD 5055E but the NX6010 is 5" shorter wheel base,a serious amount lighter over all and 1 or 2 tire sizes smaller just for starters
    So being not a well to do feller myself ..I have always tried to put things in perspective ..in this case for example ..500 hours, 1500 hours on a diesel is not even broken in ..most of the vital stuff on them is electronically sensored and protected ..SO
    I tend to seek out the used that will do the job but has the quality to stay the course
    Some folks think they need to buy new to get financing ..not true ..just search "used 60HP tractors for sale" and you will come up with places like "machinery Pete" and several others ..every ad will have on the spot financing available

Good Luck
    Bear

Boolit Master
    Id also point out that a 4x2 (2WD) tractor doesnt automatically become 1 wd in a slip.......just about every tractor has a split brake pedal,and you can apply some brake to the spinning wheel,and transfer drive to the wheel with grip............Diff locks are IMHO ,not much better than a brake ,and the inexperienced tend to kick in the diff lock with a spinning wheel,and bust something.........although diff lock is such a big selling point ,that even lawn mowers have it .

We went with this one. 45hp hydrostatic. Factory rebates and decent trade in on our old ones. Can't get over how fast the hydraulics are. 15 gal. Per minute flow. 2 dealers within 100 miles one is about 40 miles away.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Looks like an awesome fit! Check the air in the tires, they still to me look like they are still over inflated for transport purposes.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

It is being prepped at the dealer for delivery next week. They will fluid fill the back tires as well. Going to upgrade to extendable 3 point arms and a cutting edge on the bucket.

The bucket is rated at 2500 pounds at full extension. Mrs.Thumbcocker loved the hydrostatic transmission and power steering.

Looks like a good compromise between power and compact size.

Boolit Master
    I own a Kioti 4x4 N45 with FEL and backhoe. Bought it new about 3 years ago. First 5 hours a solenoid went out in the trans. Dealer came to house and picked it up. Kioti didn’t want dealer going inside the trans so they sent a new replacement. A hydraulic line fitting then leaked and dealer came to my house and repaired it and left me a 5 gallon can of fluid. Since then no issues and it gets easier to shift as it gets worn in.
    Added the roof and really like it. As others have mentioned, dealer support is much more important than brand name. Very happy with my dealer.
    Last edited by snowwolfe; 01-30-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    I bought a hook for the backhoe and use it often for removing stumps. The hook does a much better job than the bucket. I would be cautious putting 2500 pounds in that front bucket without any weight on the back of the tractor.
    East Tennessee