Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: I need a recommendation for the .375 JDJ

Boolit Master

I need a recommendation for the .375 JDJ

My father's .375 JDJ Contender barrel came to stay with me. He only loaded & shot jacketed bullets in it. I plan on shooting cast Lead. I have brass, dies and an assortment of powders. I am looking for a recommendation for a cast bullet and loads for it. I do have one plain base Lyman mold of about 300 grains. I might hunt deer with it, but am more likely to shoot at targets.

I have a SSK Industries 14 inch barrel in .375 JDJ that I did a pound cast for and came up with the Accurate Molds 38-245 O. This boolit has done 1 inch groups at 100 yards off the bench and sand bags. The gun is equipped with a Bushnell Elite 2 x 6 scope. I can't say much about the load because the powder is 8208 in a 8 pound jug I got some years ago from gibrass.com. and hasn't been available for a while. I can't say how it compares to the 8208 you may find on a dealers shelf. The load chronos right at 2000fps. I finally took it out this whitetail season and got a large doe at 80 yards.

A friend of mine has a .375 barrel made by the TC custom shop and it doesn't like this boolit at all.

Boolit Master
    I use the Accurate Mold 37-265D cast in Lyman #2 alloy. I run these at 1700-1800 fps with NRA 50/50 lube. A lot of loading manuals now have load data for this cartridge. A phone call to SSK will get you some original J.D. Jones load data.

That's it on the left.

Attachment 295301

Boolit Master

Good looking bullet. I run a very similar bullet and use hardball, but it falls apart above 1400. Any tips for a PB at 1700?

I have more driving band than you too. Powder choice maybe?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
    I use the Accurate Mold 37-265D cast in Lyman #2 alloy.
    0.366" diameter. Am I reading that right?

.366 will just wabble down the bore, in my jdj i shoot .378.-250gr the same bullet i use in my 38-55,s.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0822.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	295554 for jak bullets i shoot 220 gr and 225 gr. out of my rifle(G-2) i get 2300 fps.H-4895

Boolit Master

He must mean the 38-265D: https://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet...bullet=38-265D
    It even has a note associated with it that it is meant for the .375-.444, which is what the .375 JDJ is.

Boolit Master

With gas check. That makes sense to me now.