Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Good Load Using Accurate No.2

Good Load Using Accurate No.2

I am looking for a good load for my G2c using Accurate No. 2 with the Lee 125 grain RNFP. I was blessed today when a friend gave me two pounds of that powder. I have looked on the internet with no luck.

ACC

The Lee 125 rnfp has done well for me in 9mm and .38 special. Never used accurate powder though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Hodgdon has acquired Accurate powders and now has load data on their site for no.2 powder. Several loads are listed for 124-125 grain projectiles.
    Here is a link to the site.

https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/rel...c=true&type=53

Boolit Master
    Ramshot has a loading manual online with a lot of load data. The charges reported there are almost always hotter than what my Lyman manual gives for the same powder & bullet style.

https://ramshot.com/wp-content/uploa...ide8.0_WEB.pdf

Boolit Master

I load for the Lee bullet, but don't find that I have used No. 2 with it. I do load No. 2 under an LBT 133 gr TC (weighs 4 gr more than the Lee drops).

It is very deep seated so my charges are 3.5 gr. Somewhere in the mid to high 3s should do what you want it to.

Very nicely metering powder. It has the smallest kernels I've seen. Like dust. Very good stuff for mild 9mm ammo. You made a good score.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Buddy
    I have used the accurate 2 with a 125gr lead boolit. It gave poor accuracy and caused me to go back #5 as soon as I found some.

Moderator Emeritus

this has some good info, while the data if for jacketed, I'd just drop the charge 10% for cast and work up.

http://www.natoreloading.com/aa2/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Discovered Accurate powders a few years ago ... during a previous powder shortage ...
    Dealer had a shelf full of Accurate Powders and a sale going ... grabbed 3 cans of Acc #5 , went home , checked some loading manuals and went back for 3 containers of Acc #2 ...I like em both !

Pet load for the Lee 125 gr. RNFP (358-125-RF) and also with the Lee 356-125-2R
    9mm Luger - 3.8 grs. Acc #2 @ 1000 fps .
    Accurate #2 meters well and is easy to dispense !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I got a pound of AA#2 back in July for $32.95,got home and found almost full container of on a shelf in my closet. I don't remember the last time I used it. Oh well!
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Reloading for the 9mm has a lot going on all by itself. Add in the different twist rates, throating and bullet diameter. It gets interesting especially when you're trying to have the poi and poa close within reason over a wide range of distances.

I do own a g2c and have used AA#2 for reloads using the mihec 125gr fn hp bullet, lee's 124gr tc bullet
    [IMG][/IMG]

My g2c pictured above is an early version of them, picked it up when they 1st came out. The bbl is fully throated. My understanding is the later/newer g2c's don't have throated bbl's. That g2c with the generously throated bbl eats anything/could care less about oal's.

I size the cast bullets to .358" for the g2c, cut groups in 1/2 compared to the .356" cast bullets. Same mihec 125gr bullet but sized to .358 made a huge difference.

The g2c has a 1 in 10 twist (1 9.8"?) which is good and bad. 1 in 10 twists tend to like 125gr and heavier bullets. But the 1 in 10 twists tend to do better accuracy wise then their 1 in 16 twist counterparts at lower velocities.

That being said you're looking at throated VS non throated bbl's to set your oal. The shorter the oal/bullet seated deeper in the case the higher the pressure for the same load.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I used 4.0gr of AA#2 as a general powder weight (use at your own risk) in my g2c with that mihec 125gr fn hp pictured above. I also used the same 4.0gr load with the lee 124gr tl bullet in the g2c. Both bullets sized to .358"

My g2c tended to shoot more accurately with bullets in the 125gr and heavier. It also liked accuracy when the 125gr/.358" bullets were doing over 1000fps. With that bullet weight and velocity, the g2c shot to the poa @ 7yds with a 6 o-clock hold (hit where the top of the sight was). @ 50ft and longer shots I put the white dot of the front sight on what I was aiming at out to 25yds.

You're actually in a interesting situation right now. If you find an accurate 1000fps+ load with that short bbl'd (3.2") g2c. Test the same load in a 1 in 16 twist 9mm bbl/firearm that has a longer bbl (+/- 5") if you own 1. More often than not it it will be accurate in both firearms.

The best of both worlds:
    I use the same reload in both the g2c and a springfield armory ro nm 1911 chambered in 9mm. 5.0gr of wst/sized to .358"/1.130" oal. That load does +/- 1050fps in the short bbl'd (3.2") 1 in 10 twist g2c and hits to the poa along with being more than accurate enough for a ccw load. That same load does +/- 1150fps in the 5" 1 in 16 twist bbl'd nm 1911 chambered in 9mm. The 1 in 16 twists tend to need faster loads to be accurate.
    [IMG][/IMG]

While there's always exceptions to anything when it comes to bullet weights and accuracy in the 9mm's:
    1 in 10 twists tend to do better with 124gr and heavier bullets with velocities +/- 1000fps
    1 in 16 twists tend to do better with 115gr bullets and heavier with velocities +/- 1100fps

good luck

I've been using 4.0 grains of AA#2 with an MP135gr cast rn in the 9mm. Pleasant to shoot and as accurate as I can hold.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk