Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great price on Crosman .177 HP pellets

Boolit Mold
    Air guns are a blast. Best part is you can shoot in your back yard. I pick up a couple of cans of the .177 and .22 every time I go to walmart. My back yard targets are max 35 yards and I have tried more expensive pellets but the walmart crosmans are just as accurate at short ranges as the high dollar ones.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by zuluaskono View Post
    Air guns are a blast. Best part is you can shoot in your back yard. I pick up a couple of cans of the .177 and .22 every time I go to walmart. My back yard targets are max 35 yards and I have tried more expensive pellets but the walmart crosmans are just as accurate at short ranges as the high dollar ones.
    Welcome to the forum, zuluaskono! I envy you being able to shoot in YOUR back yard -- the municipality I reside in allows not even a slingshot to be used within city limits! However, that said, even though powder-propelled devices are (legal re distances to neighbors, etc.) ok to shoot at my camp -- in the past several years I ONLY play there with airguns! With more than a dozen air arms in my stable, I have found but one brand I stay away from as these are the only problematic ones I experienced. (On the other hand, perhaps I got a couple of bad tins of these?)
    I kind of equate pellets with .22 rimfire ammo. At the range when I'm just having great fun, the brand-X .22s which are packed loose work just fine; but, for serious competition I break out the Eley Ten-X. Similarly, I too have great luck with pretty much all elCheapo airgun pellets.
    One fellow at range has a gizmo with holes in it he passes/sorts his pellets with, and after sorting by size professes ALL shoot as well as the high-priced premium pellets. (I'm not a good-enough shooter to notice any difference)
    Again, welcome to the forum. What airguns (rifles, pistols, calibres) do you shoot?
    geo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    Welcome to the forum, zuluaskono! I envy you being able to shoot in YOUR back yard -- the municipality I reside in allows not even a slingshot to be used within city limits! However, that said, even though powder-propelled devices are (legal re distances to neighbors, etc.) ok to shoot at my camp -- in the past several years I ONLY play there with airguns! With more than a dozen air arms in my stable, I have found but one brand I stay away from as these are the only problematic ones I experienced. (On the other hand, perhaps I got a couple of bad tins of these?)
    I kind of equate pellets with .22 rimfire ammo. At the range when I'm just having great fun, the brand-X .22s which are packed loose work just fine; but, for serious competition I break out the Eley Ten-X. Similarly, I too have great luck with pretty much all elCheapo airgun pellets.
    One fellow at range has a gizmo with holes in it he passes/sorts his pellets with, and after sorting by size professes ALL shoot as well as the high-priced premium pellets. (I'm not a good-enough shooter to notice any difference)
    Again, welcome to the forum. What airguns (rifles, pistols, calibres) do you shoot?
    geo
    Well said George, zuluaskono welcome to..... well us and here.

Why just yesterday I shot a good 100 rounds out the back door to some steel targets. 37 yrds. I still have almost 2 ft snow on the ground so the range is not set up yet. I same as you buy crossmen pellets every trip to the walmart. I do not play with .177 but that is because I have fat short fingers and they can not pick up that small of a pellet. .22 for me. I am in search of a fairly cheap PCP that shoots CPHP's out to 100yrds good.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Buddy
    CPHP's Work great out to 30 yards, hole in hole, with little to no wind. However, when the distance stretches and winds increase then I reach for 18's and finally 25.4 MRD for better BC and ultimate BR accuracy but for a fun day of plinking then CPHP's are just fine.

Boolit Grand Master
    Between .177 and .22 I have about 25,000 Crosman pellets. For the amount of plinking and target shooting I do, they fit my needs. Yes, they are challenging in the wind, but so is shooting over 500 yards with a CF.

zuluaskono, welcome to the site.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Welcome to the best site on the internet Zuluaskono. I think you will find out the guys on here are not only very knowledgeable but also very willing to share information with you. james

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12