RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snows a comin

Down in my little corner of Oklahoma (as far as one can get in the lower right hand corner of the state), we seldom snow. Some winters, zero snow fall. Not always though. 20 some odd years back, we had an 11" blanket cover the county. You talk about a mess! Things in this part of the world aren't built with a snow load factored in. The local Dollar Store roof completely collapsed, 4 wheel drives were stuck in parking lots, not an awning one left on any of the local stores, etc.

In short, the mere mention of snow being possible within a 50 radius of our town, milk, bread and eggs are going within hours from the store shelves. Typically, a 2-3" snow here comes and is gone within 72 hours. I guess what we grow up with, is what we grow accustom to.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Down in my little corner of Oklahoma (as far as one can get in the lower right hand corner of the state), we seldom snow. Some winters, zero snow fall. Not always though. 20 some odd years back, we had an 11" blanket cover the county. You talk about a mess! Things in this part of the world aren't built with a snow load factored in. The local Dollar Store roof completely collapsed, 4 wheel drives were stuck in parking lots, not an awning one left on any of the local stores, etc.

In short, the mere mention of snow being possible within a 50 radius of our town, milk, bread and eggs are going within hours from the store shelves. Typically, a 2-3" snow here comes and is gone within 72 hours. I guess what we grow up with, is what we grow accustom to.

Murphy
    Around 25 or so years ago I was in Natchez Mississippi visiting a friend in February. Had a Econoline two wheel drive van and we woke to two or three inches of snow. I had a buddy who had made the trip to visit our friend. We jumped up and headed for breakfast. I spent the most part of the day shuttling the police around the town.

Cars trucks you name it was crashed and stuck all over the place. I just buzzed around them all and when I stopped at a stop light an few officers who had spun out walked up to the van. They asked how the blank are you getting around. I said look at the plates im from snow country. One asked if I would drive them to a bad wreck and I replied glad to help. Several hours later had a interesting story to tell and my buddy met some of his local PD officers.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master

Maybe up to 40in in some parts of southern New England. At least 2ft from what I've seen now and 40mph+ winds. Wind gusts up to 70mph from Nantucket up to Bangor. Subzero wind chills. Nasty Nor'Easter blowing in.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Around 25 or so years ago I was in Natchez Mississippi visiting a friend in February. Had a Econoline two wheel drive van and we woke to two or three inches of snow. I had a buddy who had made the trip to visit our friend. We jumped up and headed for breakfast. I spent the most part of the day shuttling the police around the town.

Cars trucks you name it was crashed and stuck all over the place. I just buzzed around them all and when I stopped at a stop light an few officers who had spun out walked up to the van. They asked how the blank are you getting around. I said look at the plates im from snow country. One asked if I would drive them to a bad wreck and I replied glad to help. Several hours later had a interesting story to tell and my buddy met some of his local PD officers.
    Last week we were expecting, maybe, 6in. Boss grounded all his trucks on Friday not wanting them driving around in a blizzard. I told him the weather didn't bother me and if we shut down up home with snow like that no-one would run freight October to April. Out of 200 or so drivers I was the only one on the road moving trailers. All a matter of perspective in what you are used to.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Got 2 ft+,drifts waist deep.
    Fortunately I got help and a
    very capable snow blower to dig out. 15 hp and cuts a 32 inch path gotta love it.

Boolit Master
    Ugg For once I didnt get an inch. So far only had to fire up the Case once this year. Lets keep it that way.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Meanwhile, it’s a frigid 45 degrees right now with threats of going lower this week.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12