RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Loads for 30/30AI and Lyman 31141 cast bullet?

Boolit Buddy

Loads for 30/30AI and Lyman 31141 cast bullet?

Does anyone have a favorite load for a 30/30AI with the Lyman 31141 bullet?
    This is going to be shot in a Winchester 1894.
    Any and all information will be deeply appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Blkpwdrbuff
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty or Safety. "
    Benjamin Franklin
    "Time to take Brandon to the train station"
    "The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

Boolit Master
    Don’t have an A I .30-30, but both Re 7 and H 335 have been excellent in the .30-30 ‘s I load for. I have the 31141 design and if you are planning on holding your chamber pressure at factory levels it would seem that a moderate increase in velocity over listed loads in Lyman’s cast loading data ( say
    40-50 f/s ) would be possible. I have a m-94, m 336, two savage 340’s and two 788s in .30-30 and have an extra barrel for a 788, but I backed off having one reamed to A I after thinking about it a while. Hope someone who has one can give you a better idea of acceptable loads.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

The 30-30 AI holds approximately 4 grains more powder than the regular 30-30. Use 30-30 data with your cast bullets and work up no more than 2 grains if you absolutely have to.