Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: insurance companies

Boolit Master

Find an independent agent and him/her guide you through a lot of different companies. He will have had experience with dozens of companies.

Go to Dave Ramsey's website and see if he has a preferred insurance provider in your area.

Boolit Master

Looks like the OP decided on Farmer's Alliance.

Never heard of them, but hope they work for the OP.

I just switched my homeowner's from State Farm to USAA. My monthly cost dropped about $8 while my deductible dropped from $6k to $2k. I am also now able to add $40k worth of firearms coverage for $50 a month. Covers everything with $0 deductible. If I drop my rifle and damage it, it is covered.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master

Belong to a Credit Union? check with them. I have Co-op on my camp and it's over 5miles from a road. Allstate on the house and vehicles with no problems. They more then bent over backward.

When daughter got home from deployment to the Sandbox she jumped in my pick-up and headed north for 30days leave on a Saturday. Surprised me the truck was gone when I got home but I thought I'd call my local guy and add her on Monday. Sunday she totaled my Tundra. First call to Allstate got the most annoying woman I've ever talked to. Immediate no which was her job I guess. After a few minutes I told her I'd had enough of her and get her supervisor on the phone. He got on and I explained the situation. "No Problem, we will backdate the coverage and you are fully covered and she will get a rental car. Thank her for her service". Got to the rental place (enterprise) and they wanted to give her a small car. She needed a truck or suv to get into my camp for a stay and called me all wigged out. One call and she was in a Nissan Frontier. The Tundra had 2 trees fall on it before that to the tune of over $12,000. Guess third was enough. That Tuesday I think got a call from the adjuster. "Bad news is we are going to total your Tundra. Boo...Good news we are giving you over $16,000 for it. 10 years old or so with almost 90,000 miles. Maybe $6,000 less than I paid for it. Send me the money! Check was in my hands the next week.

Cheaper insurance out there but with that service I'm staying put. ,
    Last edited by jonp; 01-29-2022 at 05:05 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Go to Dave Ramsey's website and see if he has a preferred insurance provider in your area.
    If Dave Ramsey "prefers" somebody, it's because they paid him to be endorsed...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Looks like the OP decided on Farmer's Alliance.

Never heard of them, but hope they work for the OP.

I just switched my homeowner's from State Farm to USAA. My monthly cost dropped about $8 while my deductible dropped from $6k to $2k. I am also now able to add $40k worth of firearms coverage for $50 a month. Covers everything with $0 deductible. If I drop my rifle and damage it, it is covered.
    Thanks for the reminder. I have a rider on my Allstate for firearms but have not updated it for a couple of years.

Probably but the call is free.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I have a rider on my Allstate for firearms but have not updated it for a couple of years.

Probably but the call is free.
    Yeah, sure, doesn't hurt to call and all that. I guess, but my point is that his endorsement doesn't mean you're going to be getting something "good". Be diligent and don't go only on price.

In the spirit of helping out, it's possible to do a multi-quote on the forum. Click that button that looks like a talking bubble with a plus next to it on each post you want to quote in your reply, then hit the reply to thread button. The multi-quote thing should work across pages, so you can grab something from page 1 and 3 or whatever...

USAA if you qualify, military, etc. I have a farm, no livestock, so no problem with critters getting out. But finding a stable market in FL is a problem from time to time.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    In the spirit of helping out, it's possible to do a multi-quote on the forum. Click that button that looks like a talking bubble with a plus next to it on each post you want to quote in your reply, then hit the reply to thread button. The multi-quote thing should work across pages, so you can grab something from page 1 and 3 or whatever...
    Something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    we are shopping insurance, our current provider is way less than stellar. does anybody have experience with amica for vehicles, they wont do the house because we are more than 5 miles from a fire department.
    I like State Farm, but no experience with Amica...

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I have that with State Farm as well...Good to remember to keep it up to date since only the stuff on the schedule is covered.

Boolit Buddy
    A lot of it has to do with your agent, they are the companies first line of defense to not pay out.
    I have stuck with one of the larger companies here, because of the agent.
    I was with another company, great agent, but he passed away. The guy who took up the slack has a standard phrase with every claim: "oh, that's not covered". You go round in circles until you finally get tired of it, and ask him just what the heck he does cover. Real prick, and everyone who's ever dealt with him says the same. Don't know how he stays in business.

Boolit Master
    We use USAA for automobiles, have State Farm for homeowners which we have never filed a claim on. There is definitely rate creep with SF.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Buddy
    I am extremely happy with the company formerly known as MetLife, now they're called "Farmers something." Sorry, not at home to look at my statement. They have been absolutely EXCELLENT with claims paying -

In 2020 - a kid (not mine) went drinking and joy-riding in his mom's car. Left the frontage road and slammed it into the back of my large detached garage. Destroyed the garage and everything in it. I found a good contractor, who worked with Met, and they ended up building me a brand new garage. After he'd presented his case properly, they saw that the old one had to be torn down and rebuilt. They were very good about it.

In 2021 - a guy in a KIA cut across the front of me as I went through a yellow light in my 2012 Ford F-150. Smashed into him, and busted up the whole front end of the truck. You all know what trucks cost these days. Met paid to have the entire front end rebuilt, broken left front axle included.

They are EXCELLENT to work with, in my experience. That said, I got my policy through an Independent Agent who is very good at what he does, and shopped around for me. I went to him after AllState did the exact OPPOSITE of the above, when a tree fell on my smaller garage. They (Allstate) also continued to up my insurance rates every single year. After about 8 years of that, I'd had enough with AllState.

8mmFan

Boolit Man
    Had Germainia for years until they would never fullfill any claims. Even after a record hail storm would only replace 1/2 rood. Worthless companie to me. Went to Amica for autos, home and added and umbrella policy. not much more than Germainia and alot more coverage plus dividends. have not had to use them but so far so good.

Boolit Master
    Farm Bureau here (NC) has a great reputation for taking care of folks at a great price. I haven't tried USAA. Just word of mouth that it's troublesome getting things accomplished. That could be from the area I'm in.

Boolit Buddy
    I have Shelter due to being 10 miles from nearest fire station. I shopped recently and the rates couldn’t be beat. One claim for hail damage and they replaced the entire roof and damaged screens. My vehicles farm equipment and livestock is covered by them and liability insurance for my wife’s business. We do not have wood heat. Growing up we did and I know farm bureau dropped my parents so fb doesn’t get my business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12