Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance companies

Boolit Master

insurance companies

we are shopping insurance, our current provider is way less than stellar. does anybody have experience with amica for vehicles, they wont do the house because we are more than 5 miles from a fire department.

we are looking at farmers alliance for the ranch liability and homeowners, never heard of them but they seem to be a decent localized company that specializes in farms and ranches in the midwest only (like only insure in 8 states) anybody got any experience with them.

I figure any company that has to spend millions on commercials telling me how good they are, is not worth trusting with my lively hood, if they were truly good, word of mouth would get them all the business they need.

anybody care to say how much they pay for ranch type insurance, be interesting to see the spread.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy
    We live rural in a log home with wood heat. Basically all strikes against us. We also have a heavily customized vehicle with augmented coverage along with our drivers. The best rates we have found were from Auto Owners. Many others would not even consider insuring our home. It’s very frustrating.

Best of luck, I think I’d rather pay taxes than insurance…

Boolit Master

Farm Bureau?
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    I have used Farm Bureau for a long time for my ranch and property insurance. Can't say they're stellar either, been dropped twice in the past 20 years. Once for a tipped over pivot and the other for a trespasser getting his comeuppins by a bull. But they made it right eventually.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    My mother has Farm Alliance for her auto insurance they have an office in our town.

Boolit Master
    My best advice is to shop around every 5 years or so. Every auto insurer engages in rate "creep". They give you a great price to get you with them and then increase it every year. Shopping around can make a great difference. I'm not locked into any one company.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I go through AAA, and have them check every couple years for the best deals. They aren't locked into one company, but will check for best prices from many sources.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

car insurance ...you just gotta shop around, as others said, I shop around every 3 years or so.

Home owners ...I'm locked into Auto Owners, much the same reason as TyGuy said. I don't have any complaints with Auto Owners, but I have been blessed with not having to make any claims (knock on wood) in the 29 years I've been in this house.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

I am not looking for cheapest, just want a company that will actually stand behind you all the way. the farm liability is the big thing, most wont touch it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tinsnips View Post
    My mother has Farm Alliance for her auto insurance they have an office in our town.
    has she had any problems with them.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    If you were in the military, you and any member of your family. USAA, top rated, low price and is a dividend company that sends you a check each year
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    I have had Farm Bureau since I was 16, cost me $11.10 every six months but that was 64 years ago

Boolit Buddy

Farm Bureau here in Tn. Have a wood furnace in the basement of my log home. No body else will insure with wood sourced heat. Have all my farm, liability, vehicle with them. Never had a claim with the home owners policy so really don't know how well they pay. Only had one claim with a broken front tractor axle and they paid. Look at insurance as legal extortion because that is what it is. Be careful with insurance companies that claim damages are caused by acts of God.

Boolit Master
    Both this home and my previous home were semi-rural or rural and insured by USAA. Excellent service when we had claims, reasonably priced, and easy to deal with. As noted there are eligibility requirements but if you qualify I recommend them highly.

Boolit Master

I have been very pleased with Erie insurance. I have worked with them on 3 claims over the last 6 years. Wonderful to work with, and offered higher automobile settlements than I could have asked for. See if they write coverage in your area.
    Rick

Boolit Master
    Another vote for USAA. Been with them for a long time and have always been pleased with their service.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do, you are misinformed.
    - Mark Twain

When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction.
    - Mark Twain

Vendor Sponsor

USAA or Farm Bureau. have had Both Farm Bureau dropped us after a massive storm damage. Had been with them for over 20 years and very little claims filed before said storm
    USAA has been great for both my family, Mother in laws and many others I know. If you or parents were military I would definitely check Them out.
    And yes we get a dividend check every 6 months from USAA.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Amica is great. Have had them for a decade and claims are paid without the slightest hesitation. I dn't even bother to shop them any more.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Moderator Emeritus

On our ranch policy we use Germania....they have been great but dont know if you have that company in Colorado.....our old policy notified me that I had to go into commercial due to the number of acres and cows....he said it was the law....well I asked for the statues and guess what there were none....it was their policy as a way to screw the policy holder.....my wife and I do all the work and have no hired labor.....it was and did double our cost so i spoke with a neighbor and he told me about Germania and presto chango we have been with them for 3 years now.....shop wisely and question the idiot things they tell you brother!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

good to see your back with the living, kept you and your wife in my thoughts. we decided to try farmers alliance, local agent and they have decent reviews from what I could find. they were about 800 bucks more than farmers union and if you are with farmers union you had better run quick, they got bought out by national general and claims are abysmal. farm bureau left us hanging one time and that was enough to not trust them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast