Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Warnings For Paypal Users

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    That's the number biteme and crew threw out earlier for surveillance of finances.... welcome to the brave new world!
    Nothing brave about it. It’s nothing but another step towards Marxist totalitarianism from the current regime . That’s where they are heading as long as we let them. Remember that in November .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    That is the reason I changed my payment methods.
    Paypal collected $450 in transaction fees from me last year.
    This year they will only collect $1.54 from me.
    That is only because one guy sent me a refund via goods and services on something I had sent via friends and family.
    Please be aware that if you send payment for goods using "Friends and Family", you will have no recourse from PYPL if the buyer stiffs you. You gifted them the money as far as PYPL is concerned, and expecting goods in return is a violation of their terms.

You do you, but I just want people to be aware that they are taking on additional risk by using F&F for purchases.

Boolit Master
    Hey Doug. The local news outfits around Raleigh reported any deposit or expenditure $600 or higher from your banking account was going to checked by the state and fed.

Mo' money for build back plans to pay for the next election. We just thought congress wasn't getting anything accomplished.
    Last edited by jsizemore; 02-02-2022 at 07:31 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Easy solution: save your receipts so you have a cost basis for whatever you might sell...

Yeah, like I've got receipts for Bultaco parts I bought in 1972.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    eBay and PayPal have been sending out 1099's and reporting to IRS for probably 14 years now. its nothing new. and those who like to throw out political terms might want to look up what exactly those terms mean. the way it works or so was told by a tax lawyer I hired about a dozen years back is they can send out all the notices to irs and such that they like but if your selling off your own personal property like on eBay, like an online yard sale or estate sale, you do not have to pay income tax on that. unless your buying stuff and selling as a business would do, or selling other peoples belongings to make a percentage of profit.
    if you go online and have transactions and communications all of those things, these things, are being recorded, duplicated and probably scrutinized by some computer somewhere since the great build up of communications surveillance that began after 9-11. just the way things are in this country of ours regardless of who gets elected or where you live. and if your not aware the internet companies that you come in contact with in searching though the internet and reading and shopping and whatever are most likely tracking and recording your every click
    and besides all that I think we all know of how the policies of PayPal seem to be against second amendment rights, why would you want to support them, use their services and give them money for those services , if there are other options.
    Last edited by farmbif; 01-31-2022 at 08:44 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    I have no problem with businesses paying taxes; My problem with this is that there are a lot of hobbyists who buy/sell/trade not as a business and not for a profit. They might buy and sell car/motorcycle/gun parts and use Paypal. Now if they get over $600 in the course of a year (easy to do) they have another tax form to deal with. Better be careful to get and save all your receipts for any odds and ends you buy at gun shows or swap meets, or all those small transactions will get taxed as income.
    I believe you need to actually review the tax code. Anything you sell as a hobby might be taxed on the full sale price and not on the amount over what you actually paid for it.

All I know is we're being screwed.

Yes, the $600 reporting for payment apps like PayPal was in the American Rescue Act passed last year. In the Biden Build Back Better boondoggle it would require banks to do the same. Thank you Senators Manchin and Sinema !

Boolit Master

Well it looks like YouTube is doing the same.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Bub

Not trying to hijack this thread but…

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    And with the stroke of a pen the underground economy just grew 10 fold.

Personal gripe here but why on earth do we have to pay tax on a item that has already been taxed?
    Gold & silver are the only money recognized by the constitution (eg. The only money the government is to be dealing with).
    Tax structure for the new country appears to have been intended to be:
    The federal government taxes the states & settles up with the above mentioned metal.
    The states tax the citizens, either income (bad idea because anything taxed is by default discouraged) or commerce (better idea because this encourages individual states to complete for a better economy than its neighbors).

What we have now is a financial system (read parasite) consuming the economy.
    Financial systems feed on debt and because our currency is borrowed into existence from a private institution (the fed) there is too much food for the parasites to be had.

Taxes and the abuse of the economy by the system may be a distraction & an effort to control the out of control inflation.

This is why we are taxed going, coming & standing still. In an economy based on sound money this kind of theft would be too obvious to be hidden.

Problem is simple. Government just keeps on growing and as such because of growth, gross incompetence and corruption, needs more and mor $$ to continue to operate and grow. It gets to a point where it smothers out the private sector and that’s when you have that Tea Party thing.

surefire way to drive commerce back to a barter system, or back to base metals and physical exchanges that do not involve any form of 3rd party, be it digital or other.

hard to hide income from employers who direct deposit though.
    The tinfiol hat part of me is convinced that's what started this BS "coin shortage" making everyone use credit cards last year. know several people who work at banks and other money handling institutions and registers and they all said the same thing. "what shortage," almost as if the govt was falsely advertising one in order to severely limit the amount in circulation. I know I pulled a vast supply of liquidateable assets and converted it to hard form before this kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaaymar View Post
    Gold & silver are the only money recognized by the constitution (eg. The only money the government is to be dealing with).
    Tax structure for the new country appears to have been intended to be:
    The federal government taxes the states & settles up with the above mentioned metal.
    The states tax the citizens, either income (bad idea because anything taxed is by default discouraged) or commerce (better idea because this encourages individual states to complete for a better economy than its neighbors).

What we have now is a financial system (read parasite) consuming the economy.
    Financial systems feed on debt and because our currency is borrowed into existence from a private institution (the fed) there is too much food for the parasites to be had.

Taxes and the abuse of the economy by the system may be a distraction & an effort to control the out of control inflation.

This is why we are taxed going, coming & standing still. In an economy based on sound money this kind of theft would be too obvious to be hidden.
    Wrong. Gold and silver were the only coin a STATE could mint. Federal government was never prohibited from making money from anything. And nowhere is gold or silver mandated to be the standard...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

but back to the PayPal topic. They lost 25% or more today as folks are fleeing the company and it is impacting their bottom line

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Wrong. Gold and silver were the only coin a STATE could mint. Federal government was never prohibited from making money from anything. And nowhere is gold or silver mandated to be the standard...

Correct the states are prohibited from coining money or from using anything except gold & silver.
    The federal government could make anything into currency however the states could not accept or spend anything but gold & silver.

Please read ARTICLE I, SECTION 8, CLAUSE 5.
    Enumerated must be spelled out.
    Eg. If they are not specifically granted the right to do something then they are prohibited from doing the thing.
    See: https://www.heritage.org/constitutio...coinage-clause
    Common usage at the time.

Boolit Master

Cash is still king. Next is USPS money orders. By the way, USPS MOs never expire. File the carbon copies in a secure location in case the original is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post

The primary reason the we HAVE our Constitution is that individual states had issued vast amounts of scrip to pay the bills for the Revolutionary War. This turned into a massive cluster when speculators bought it all up for pennies on the dollar, and then started agitating for the state governments to buy it back at face value in gold. Corrupt finance is not a new invention. The new Constitution basically absorbed all that state debt, and ultimately paid it off by selling land in the newly opened Northwest Territories, (i.e. Ohio and Indiana). The book is Unruly Americans by Woody Holton.

Needless to say, the Founders prohibited the states from issuing fiat currency ever again.

I did see that PP stock got hammered. I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning. . . . . . .
    Last edited by uscra112; 02-03-2022 at 02:45 AM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve read several of these threads on different gun boards... they are all the same. The point of this new regulation is to jam up the little guy. The kid mowing lawns and the guy selling the gun parts he bought 30 years ago. The yearly amount was clearly set to target these small fry.

The IRS will take the default position that every 1099 is income and say you owe them money. And anyone that thinks they are going to simply tell the IRS they’re wrong or show them a pile of receipts they picked up in the Home Depot parking lot hasn’t been paying a lot of attention to the reality of dealing with the IRS. You better have your ducks in a row and even then you might be better off paying the extortion than taking a principled stand.

And if you have state and local income and sales taxes, you can bet your bottom dollar that those agencies will be cross referencing 1099s to get their cut.

This is going to be a huge goat rope.

But then again, some people say I’m a cynic.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Cash is still king. Next is USPS money orders. By the way, USPS MOs never expire. File the carbon copies in a secure location in case the original is lost.
    In times of inflation, it's better to hold stuff. In times of deflation, hold cash. If they'll let you.
    Cognitive Dissident

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast