Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you do this weekend?

Boolit Master

What did you do this weekend?

I worked a full day Friday, had dinner and was already in bed when a neighbor texted and asked me to take pictures so I have been doing that the last few days. I was busy posting and didn't check in for a couple days and thought I would show what we do for excitement. Highway 1 is closed, not much else to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1fire01.jpg   1fire03.jpg   1fire07.jpg   1fire10.jpg   1fire14.jpg  

1fire22.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Is the fire contained yet? I saw the report on YouTube by Blancolirio. Looked like it was headed towards the coastline.

It was -19 degrees F. this morning and we had received about 4 inches of snow over the last couple of days. After it warmed up some I got my tractor started and cleared the snow for about an hour and a half. A couple of hours later it began to snow again. As it was only about an inch or two I won't clear that until later on.

Wow.

I've been wondering if there is anything left out there that isn't burned off.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Burned up 400+ rounds of .45 ACP, figuring out what sort of bad habits I've developed over the years, and deciding how to re-learn the good habits and UN-learn the bad ones.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Wow.

I've been wondering if there is anything left out there that isn't burned off.
    That area didn't burn 5 years ago when mine did. That area hasn't burned in 60+ years. We had heavy rain two weeks ago and things are really green but dead trees and brush will burn in the rain. We try to burn brush on rainy days for safety.
    Mal

Boolit Grand Master

Great pictures! Glad your places safe!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Great pictures! Glad your places safe!
    Thanks! Great photo op and I didn't have to leave home! last photo is after sunset at 3 clicks above ASA 12,800. I saw a dot on a photo and went outside to make sure it wasn't fire and darn if it wasn't firefighter's headlamps. The lights on the right are vehicles but the 2 dots below are firefighters. f4 1/25 of a second.

When the fire started there was very little information. What I did all weekend is take pictures of my end of the fire and upload them so neighbors and residents could see what was going on, I hope I wasn't sounding flip. So far no structures lost, a yurt was damaged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1fire32.jpg  
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 01-23-2022 at 11:47 PM.
    Mal

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Ford. I worked on it.......

Boolit Buddy

Saturday I delivered my friends 1944 Halftrack to His house and got it into the garage, one inch height clearance to spare. Came home and prepped 200 rds of 50 BMG. Took a Blue pill and a nap, got up and finished off 500 + 9mm. Got up this AM and did battery maintenance on the 93 Dodge Cummins, took the M43 Amberlamps to the store for soup makings, prepped a batch of Suppe Toscana, while that was cooking I finished off the 200 rds of 50BMG.
    Had couple bowls of soup, and refilled the Hummingbird feeder, still have one little hanger on. Loaded a couple test batches for the Webley Automatic, Now its time for some cheese, a tub of popcorn and big Rhum &cola.

Working on next year's firewood.... Much prefer to do so while it's chilly outside. Not fun...but necessary. I will say it's much more pleasant since I've added the grapple to the front of the tractor. Man...what a work saver!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Bought a new to me Diamond SB1 bow Friday night after an oops with my other Diamond, an Edge 320. Month wait for 2 new cams. Took it to the shop Saturday morning to adjust the draw and poundage, settled on 65lbs and 28 inches. Put a hundred arrows through it and went to work. Went to work at 11 today, got down about 945pm. Got another double tmro and Wednesday. Off on Thursday and Sunday. GO CHIEFS!

Boolit Master

Took my dad's bird dog out into the woods and shot a video for youTube of me reviewing a Ruger Red Label on Saturdfay.

Today, checked out a new church, then went to town and bought parts to construct a target stand, got groceries, came home and failed to build the target stand, but baked a breakfast casserole for the week.

Oh, and did my taxes on Saturday. Got a bigger return than I anticipated, so that is nice.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Sorry about the fires again. Your homestead should be in good shape since the last. Good to see firefighters keeping an eye out. Good Luck

Oh yeah. Spent part of the morning and afternoon clearing snow and ice for the good folks at work in the morning. Shot the S&W 19 some so I didn't have to search in snow for brass and it's just a bunch of fun.

Boolit Master
    Built a wheel chair ramp for my my mom, so hopefully she can stay at home a little while longer.

Boolit Grand Master

Hunkered down and waited for the snow to melt - around here that's about the only option. Cleared my cars and driveway and loaned my snow pusher shovel to my next door neighbor who only had gardening shovels to try to move snow. (PS snow sticks to steel) Had a fire in the fireplace yesterday.

I did turn a piece for a pen I'm making for my son's birthday. Got it turned and six coats of CA glue as a finish and need to polish and assemble today.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Watched some of the best football that I think I have ever seen. All crazy good games. Liked that Stafford shook the curse of the Lions and it wasn't easy! Thought the Bills had maybe won it twice, but that just didn't happen, not sure I have see a better game than that one.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    Recovered from omicron.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Took solace in there being only a few more months of snow.

Boolit Master
    I took my wife out for a birthday dinner, her 46th annual 28th birthday.

Football in late January? what's that? the Canadian league? Nope, sorry.
    Didn't do much Saturday as I knew I had to make a trip east to drop my wife off with two of her friends Sunday. So drove 600 miles on Sunday, had a nice Mexican lunch at a restaurant at the meeting place and then crashed when I got back home.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast