RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Tough Start To 2022

Boolit Grand Master

Tough Start To 2022

It's been a hard January. 2 weeks ago I found out that our contract was ending a year early so 31 Jan I'm out of a job. Last week the transfer case on the F150 bit the dust so $1,500 more or less at a less than opportune time. Last night had to put our dog to rest.

Wonder what the February let alone the rest of the year will bring? No worries, my faith is not shaken.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

took me 2 years to find a perminit job again, making a third of what I was but at least its steady year round, hope you have better luck.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’m sure a lot of us have been in similar positions. You just have to hang in there and if you’re not afraid to work hard, you’ll find something. It’s always darkest before the dawn. Tough times help us appreciate the good times.

Boolit Master

Just keep put'n one foot in front of the other - But then I don't have to tell you that. Some years or winters just seem to go that way. Not any fun when it's happening - But these times do seem to deepen faith.
    Last edited by square butte; 01-23-2022 at 07:17 PM.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Hate to hear that bro.
    All I ever know to do when things turn bad is --- Continue to march.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Keep your chin up! Have faith - often there are diamonds in the stones life casts at us
    And read Peter 5:7 on a regular basis.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I know what its like and feel your pain sometimes I get to thinking if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
    but I just got to keep the faith that whatever happens is going to happen and things I have no control over I just cannot change but things I do have control over I can do my best to change.

Boolit Master

If I remember correctly, you are a truck driver. Shouldn't be a shortage of openings. Maybe not a route you want but a job till you find a better fit. Car breakdowns are car breakdowns. They never come at a good time. Sorry about your dog. That sucks no matter when it happens. Just keep plugging away. That's all any of us can do.

Looking back I can tell you, life is full of set backs and heart breaks. I've found the set backs usually end up for the better, not always, but most do with a little patience along the rough part of the road. The heart breaks are what they are, sorry to say, dogs don't last as long as we do. That's just a fact we can't change. Trucks, they're gonna break down, and it's never handy.

Last time I got laid off from a job I was 55, I looked at all opportunities and grabbed the one that was right, happened it was right in my own back yard, almost and the best job I ever had. I was able to save enough for a comfortable retirement in the 9 years I worked there and retire better than I had planned. Trust in the Lord and in his time you'll be much better off.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master
    I know you didn't post your message in search of sympathy, but I am far from indifferent. Trucks can be fixed, money allowing. Jobs can be had, skill & economics prevailing.
    But nothing, absolutely NOTHING makes losing a pet a damned bit better. When you have children in your house, dogs are your pets. When your children are grown, your your dogs become your "children". Losing them SUCKS! Only time helps with that, and not one hell of a lot.
    Deep breaths, calm thoughts, and prayers, my friend.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Cast Boolits Owner

In ‘91 I was laid off from my job in Charleston. Fortunate for me I was offered a job ~260 south which continued my service until I reached retirement. I remember standing on the pier, starring at my letter of notification while talking with my mechanic about how bad my life seemed to be unfolding for me. I was steady ******** that my dream job of a lifetime at CNSYD was over when he began laughing wildly out loud which brought me to silence. When I ask him what he found to be so funny he responded “Take a breath son, you are moving on and will see the world. This may be the best thing that could happen to you.” I was so angry I could only manage a quick “**** you old man” before walking away. About 3 years later I dropped by his house to apologize and thank him for being right as it was the best thing to happen to me.

Keep your head up and keep moving forward. You will reach your destination.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear about this run of bad luck. Hopefully February will be better.

Boolit Master

Prayers for the "next door" to open to a new job. Like many here, I have been through the same.

So sorry for the loss of your dog. I agree with Kosh, the loss of our pets is a hard hit. In time, you need to find another dog. It can really help to bond with another furry friend.

Hang tough, press on, God will see you through!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Shouldn't have an issue finding another driving job, the issue is finding one with the same opportunities and benefits as the last one, including route and time off. Good luck to you

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for the best wishes, everyone. After a conversation with another member it occurred to me that the op sounded like I was trying to gain sympathy or just engaging in a "woe is me" post. I wasn't. It's just a hard start to a new year, that's all.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    If you can't tell your friends your troubles then who can you tell. An this place is full of your friends so good luck, you will be fine.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Keep the faith, brother! Most of us have been down that dark road in the past in one form or another. I feel 2022 (after the elections) will be a shiny year. We just need to survive the buffoons running WA until after November.

banger

Boolit Master

Everything is up from here. Hit the ground running.

We're in a similar boat right now, JonP. I was kicked out of my job because I refused to get "The Vaxx." Sucks.

But I have to think about it philosophically. I'll keep looking for work and I'll find something that is better. I haven't lost any of my five little fur babies and my cars seem to be working fine for the moment, knock on wood so my life isn't sucking as much as yours. Still, I feel for ya and counting my good fortune to have food on the table and a roof over my head.

Hang in there, brotha. I'll do the same.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.