Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prophetic Dreams

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Christ himself was the last Prophet with the exception of the 2 who will appear in Jerusalem for a time in the last days.
    That is not correct.

Ephesians 4:11-12, "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ..."

I'm with Good Cheer. My wife and I have experienced both several times. Always turned out that there was a good reason for it.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    often its nothing more than eating late and going to bed...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    often its nothing more than eating late and going to bed...
    Probably just a bit of underdone beef or moldy cheese!

Boolit Master
    What if the actual mechanism is just an ability of our subconscious mind to make an accurate prediction based on a deeper understanding of circumstances and events? In the dream we might be more capable or just more aware, if that makes any sense; we're not as distracted as when we're awake.
    God might decide the best time to reach some of us is when we're asleep.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

God does build into us some jaw dropping amazing abilities.

This guy, Robert Monroe, his discoveries starting in the late 1950's and the teaching techniques he developed show that indeed we actually are spirit beings stuck in meat suits. Perhaps he would have gotten a good laugh at the thought that his work provided more evidence for the factual basis of my God and Christianity, but hey, that's just the way it is!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    God does build into us some jaw dropping amazing abilities.

This guy, Robert Monroe, his discoveries starting in the late 1950's and the teaching techniques he developed show that indeed we actually are spirit beings stuck in meat suits. Perhaps he would have gotten a good laugh at the thought that his work provided more evidence for the factual basis of my God and Christianity, but hey, that's just the way it is!
    As previously mentioned in another thread, I read Journeys Out of the Body years ago.
    My recollection from that book was that in Monroe's experiences while "out of the body" he did not encounter any evidence of God.

I have a .PDF of the book and did a search on that issue.

Chapter 8 (“'CAUSE THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO”) states:
    "To date, in twelve years of non-physical activities, I find no evidence to substantiate the biblical notions of God and afterlife in a place called heaven."

I have not read Monroe's later books.
    In those books did he have some experiences that negated what he said above?
    1A - 2A = -1A

What are you calling 'mechanism?' I think trying to identify a single 'mechanism' is a mistake.
    "There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future."

- Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    As previously mentioned in another thread, I read Journeys Out of the Body years ago.
    My recollection from that book was that in Monroe's experiences while "out of the body" he did not encounter any evidence of God.

I have a .PDF of the book and did a search on that issue.

Chapter 8 (“'CAUSE THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO”) states:
    "To date, in twelve years of non-physical activities, I find no evidence to substantiate the biblical notions of God and afterlife in a place called heaven."

I have not read Monroe's later books.
    In those books did he have some experiences that negated what he said above?
    Not that I know of. It's been a lot of years since reading Monroe's early works but I don't think he ever changed his opinion on the existence of God. Monroe's take on it was necessarily that we create reality.

Boolit Master
    back to the OP's original question. I can only speak from my own experience which may be quite unique or maybe not but whichever it's strange that this is brought up today. let me try to explain a bit.
    yesterday morning the brother of the woman I bought my house from called and said his sister is in hospital and is not expected to live mucxgh longer and he wanted me to know inviting me to visit with his family there at the hospital. this woman was so kind to me when I moved here its very hard to explain any other way than she treated me like her own family and invited me to family get togethers big pot luck meals and such and introduced me to many of the people I now know here.
    a few years ago her brothers grandson who I became very close to and he would come over and help out on the farm and I would take him on trips and taught him some mechanical skills and things, anyway he committed suicide a few years ago at about midnight. that night when probably right after it happened I was awoken suddenly from a dream where he and another man were in my living room, they came to see me. I swear they were really here, spirits, ghosts???? this happened once again when the uncle of this young man died a couple years ago. anyway while talking with other family at the hospital yesterday they told me this was her grandparents house and after they died back in I guess the 60's the house was rented out and this woman's brother told me that these renters were chased off by ghosts in the house. after that happened this very kind woman I bought the house from moved in here when her husband returned from Vietnam had children and lived here till she could no longer care for the property and sold it to me.
    so I do believe that there is more than we can possibly understand that goes on in our dreams.

Boolit Master

What do you think is the mechanism involved for prophetic dreams?
    Esoteric quantum physics.

Its a matter of consciousness, that the conscious mind taps into its super-consciousness, mostly momentarily, for the psyche to absorb an image or thought. Its built-in to the human's spiritual self.

Cosmic Consciousness by Maurice Burke
    Altered States of Consciousness by Charles Tart
    The writings of Gautama the Buddha
    The Oversoul by Ralph Waldo Emerson 1840

The "mechanism" as you term it is not mechanical. Its so fluid as to escape concise definition. To put it another way: It is what it is whether you believe it or not.

Carl Gustav Jung, Quantum Physics and the Spiritual Mind:
    A Mystical Vision of the Twenty-First Century
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4217602/

Can consciousness be explained by quantum physics?
    My research takes us a step closer to finding out
    https://theconversation.com/can-cons...ing-out-164582

Dutch

Boolit Master
    Job 33:14-16
    “Indeed God speaks once,
    Or twice, yet no one notices it.
    “In a dream, a vision of the night,
    When sound sleep falls on men,
    While they slumber in their beds,
    Then He opens the ears of men,
    And seals their instruction,

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/God-Speaking

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Esoteric quantum physics.

Its a matter of consciousness, that the conscious mind taps into its super-consciousness, mostly momentarily, for the psyche to absorb an image or thought. Its built-in to the human's spiritual self.

Cosmic Consciousness by Maurice Burke
    Altered States of Consciousness by Charles Tart
    The writings of Gautama the Buddha
    The Oversoul by Ralph Waldo Emerson 1840

The "mechanism" as you term it is not mechanical. Its so fluid as to escape concise definition. To put it another way: It is what it is whether you believe it or not.

Carl Gustav Jung, Quantum Physics and the Spiritual Mind:
    A Mystical Vision of the Twenty-First Century
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4217602/

Can consciousness be explained by quantum physics?
    My research takes us a step closer to finding out
    https://theconversation.com/can-cons...ing-out-164582

Dutch
    Hey Dutch. I don't think of it as mechanical either though the physical structure of our bodies is (no doubt in my mind) involved.
    For a long time I was puzzled by an explanation of sorts that I received forty plus years or so ago. Best common frame of reference would be before the first space shuttle landing but that's about as close as I can get. What I saw was, well, just imagine a Coors commercial. Spring time in the Rockies! The water represented spirit and the rock and soil our flesh bodies. The ice melted and formed rivulets coming down the mountain side. Little bits of rock and soil were carried downstream until somewhere down the line they got dropped and would some day become rock again.

There's a book of thoughts I've kept over the years. This is what I scribbled.
    As the soul of men the waters flow
    Tearing soil from mountains as they go.
    When I grow old and the current slows
    Will summer's sun melt the winter's snow
    And I make this journey ever more?

The date on the scribble says October '82.

Now, I understand that most would read that and think oh, that's only about reincarnation. But it's not. Reincarnation along with remembering what seemed to be previous lives was another hurdle in itself. The question really that plagued me was one concerning the nature and origin of our souls. If I was to take to heart that we are spiritually, collectively, all one with our creator and essentially just chips off the old block then it could play right into the new age trap (that nonsense about we are god, we are the creator). It bothered me for a lot of years. Until I finally wrapped my noggin around the simple scriptural fact that we pass through the water once. That we come from our father and we go back to our father.
    How that all plays into the questions I had about prophetic dreams is learning that we're spirit beings temporarily stuck in these meat suits, temporarily wearing blinders. Oh, we can still push it, go play around with witchy stuff and exercise those spirit being capabilities if we really want to. I think our father is right and we shouldn't do that, that we should leave it up to our father for when He wants to put something in our in basket. And by the way, this late in life I'm pretty sure that there is also some kind of signal bleed over people sometimes experience as well. We have some pretty serious transmitting and receiving capabilities built into us that I suspect at least in part account for "past lives".
    Any how, that's some of what I've come in accept.

Boolit Buddy
    ..... The question really that plagued me was one concerning the nature and origin of our souls. If I was to take to heart that we are spiritually, collectively, all one with our creator and essentially just chips off the old block then it could play right into the new age trap (that nonsense about we are god, we are the creator). It bothered me for a lot of years. Until I finally wrapped my noggin around the simple scriptural fact that we pass through the water once.
    GC, first, thanks for the reply on the Monroe question I had.

Regarding to part of your reply to Dutch (quoted above), I would say that the foundation for the beliefs that we have pretty much relate to the culture we were born into. A child born into a Jewish family will probably learn and practice the beliefs, rituals, etc. of that culture into his adulthood.

In India, (in a nutshell) reincarnation is part of their belief system with an emphasis on meditation as a means to attain higher Spiritual levels towards God Realization and ultimately achieving Oneness with God. These beliefs go back thousands of years and the Ancients have documented the methods and results of deep meditation that depict a different story than other "religions"

Those born into a Christian culture have their belief systems, with the Bible being the Source of how all of this stuff works.
    Because the Bible says one thing and others say another....who is correct?

Each example above have God as the focus, but have different views on how it all works.

Prophetic Dreams, premonitions, etc. are not because of what your belief system is, in my opinion.

So, what to do and what to believe?
    Trust your gut feeling and go with that.
    God will judge your heart and love for Him in the end is what I believe.
    1A - 2A = -1A

Hi Rizzo.
    What I think is that our available Christian scripture doesn't tell us everything but what it does say is not in conflict with truth. From that basis I go with once through the water (then either welcomed home or booted out) rather than cycling through here time after time.
    Deciding what I thought about reincarnation wasn't easy. Finally came to look at past life experiences as being signal bleed over. We were created with some really great antennas but sometimes poor signals processing yields confused messaging; no insult intended to those who have had to deal with remembering past lives.

Boolit Master
    Rizzo
    "Because the Bible says one thing and others say another....who is correct"

The Bible.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    Rizzo
    "Because the Bible says one thing and others say another....who is correct"

The Bible.
    How do you know that?
    Because the Bible says so?

I think that you have a strong faith that the Bible is correct and that other beliefs are wrong.
    I also think that those with other beliefs would say the same as you regarding their "Book".
    1A - 2A = -1A

Boolit Master
    I have seen lives (including my own) changed for the better by the teachings of the Bible.

Here are a couple of quotes that says it better than I can.

The Bible Contains Fulfilled Prophecy. quote from ARK Encounter
    "The divine origin of the Bible is demonstrated through its frequent use of prophecy. Of all the “holy books” of the world, only the Bible contains accurate, predictive prophecy because only the God of the Bible knows the future and has the power to bring it to pass (Isaiah 46:9–12)."

Here is a quote from Answers by Billy Graham

"The main reason I know the Bible is true, however, is because it points us to Jesus Christ. He was God in human flesh, sent from Heaven to give us hope. This is why I invite you to make the greatest discovery you could ever make, by investigating with an open heart and mind what the Bible says about Jesus for yourself. Don’t let doubt, or pride, or anything else keep you from putting your faith and trust in Him."

I recently learned of a fascinating passage in Job 38:31 (currently believed to be the oldest book in the Bible). From the NLT, "Can you direct the movement of the stars- Binding the cluster of the Pleiades or loosening the cords of Orion?"

Astronomers, through their telescopes, have learned that the Pleiades cluster was from from the same cloud of cosmic dust and it is moving in the same direction and at the same speed. Throughout all time, Pleiades will never change. Orion though? Two stars in Orion's belt are moving opposite one another. In a few hundred-thousand years, the belt will be gone.

There is no possible way that these observations could be made by the human eye over the course of a single lifetime, and so it beggars belief that this passage could have been written without divine inspiration. This passage is not unique among Biblical passages in this regard. In the 19th century, a man noted a different passage which referenced the paths of the deep. This caused him to search for and find what we now know as underwater currents. The Bible is filled with these strange predictions.
    "There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future."

- Saint Augustine

Yep, scripture tells humanity what is going to happen before it happens to provide direct evidence of validity.
    It's the same set up as screen writers borrowed for Josie Wales: If God's words of death are true then His words of life are true also.

This planet right now is dead center in the bulls eye of biblical prophecy showing God is right on target.
    He's doing what He said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast