Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Sizing Wax -- Color Change??

Imperial Sizing Wax -- Color Change??

I just ordered another tin of sizing wax offa eBay, and when it came today it is a different color than the greenish color that I have had for a few years. (as shown in the pic)

That green one is the first one I've ever had, and I'd like to know that I didn't get some inferior, fraudulent knock-off.

What say you guys??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6107.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	294916
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Buddy

I'm on my second can of Imperial wax and both have been the white color wax. I think the difference is the Redding version of the product follows the original LeClear version with the green color. The white Imperial works just fine for me.

Boolit Grand Master

I have had the can on the right, same label and color, for at least 15 years.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I have had the can on the right, same label and color, for at least 15 years.
    ditto, but maybe not quite 15 years
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Yep... I've had my tin for 10-12 years and it's the white variety. Works absolutely as advertised. Won't use anything else...
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Interesting. I can only assume that the Redding branded stuff has some proprietary magical additive that makes it cost twice as much.

I'm guessing that the new white one that is twice as large will last me until the Lord calls me home.

Thanks for the replies. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Yeah.....a tin of that stuff lasts FOREVER! I love it!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Yeah.....a tin of that stuff lasts FOREVER! I love it!
    I’ll lose mine before I ever empty the first tin of it. That’s why I purchased a second tin, it’s for when I lose the first one. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your bench must look like mine......

Sorry, misread the post.
    Last edited by scattershot; 01-21-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

I do eighty percent of my sizing using an RCBS lube pad and lube and load on a single stage press.
    Bottleneck cases get a swipe of Imperial about every tenth on the inside of the neck with a Q-Tip. It seems to help with the expander plug coming back out of the neck.

About ten percent on either a Dillon SDB with no or very little lube or on a 550B using Rooster Labs spray lube.

The last ten percent is the case forming stuff, that gets the Imperial. On the third can in the last ten years. All have been the white variety.

I have the one on the right. Had it for 10-12 years. It’s white. Like my privilege.

Boolit Buddy
    My tin has been around probably 10 years and it’s white. I didn’t use it before so I can’t comment on older formulas or colors.

Boolit Bub
    My first can is the whitish color of the can on the right. I think it is about 10 years old now. I bought a backup can a few years ago and it is white also. Best sizing wax out there.

Boolit Master

Mine that is 12 -15 years old is like the one on the right. Still have about 1/2 a can, thinking about ordering another one in case they quit making it when I do run out.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    I do eighty percent of my sizing using an RCBS lube pad and lube and load on a single stage press.
    Bottleneck cases get a swipe of Imperial about every tenth on the inside of the neck with a Q-Tip. It seems to help with the expander plug coming back out of the neck.

About ten percent on either a Dillon SDB with no or very little lube or on a 550B using Rooster Labs spray lube.

The last ten percent is the case forming stuff, that gets the Imperial. On the third can in the last ten years. All have been the white variety.
    10% of your loading has used up 2 cans of Imperial in under 10 years? You sir, are my new personal hero.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    My current can's from the 90's by E-Z Way Systems from Newark, Ohio. It's a translucent white. It says "USE VERY SPARINGLY" and I have. I'm on my second can since the 80's. Haven't had call to use any of the new stuff since Redding bought the rights.

Only 6 or 7 years for me but that is what mine looks like. Awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hpbear101 View Post
    I'm on my second can of Imperial wax and both have been the white color wax. I think the difference is the Redding version of the product follows the original LeClear version with the green color. The white Imperial works just fine for me.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

The best lube made, no matter what color. Just my humble opinion.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    I just ordered another tin of sizing wax offa eBay, and when it came today it is a different color than the greenish color that I have had for a few years. (as shown in the pic)

That green one is the first one I've ever had, and I'd like to know that I didn't get some inferior, fraudulent knock-off.

What say you guys??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6107.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	294916
    I also have a tin of the dark stuff -- which, like yours, comes in a REDDING can! I have, still, a few cans of the plain-Jane Imperial which is, like your photo of tin on right, is similarly coloured to it. I had a "What the ???" upon looking at Redding wax can, which I have yet to use, with my (hopeful) thought the ONLY difference betwixt the plain-Jane and this product being its colour.
    It appears a "reversal" to me where you've been using the dark mix. Trust me -- the can at right will be at least the same, if not better?, than the Redding can's contents.
    geo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast