WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imperial Sizing Wax -- Color Change??

Boolit Master
    its normal, the small cans are tinted green the larger cans are white/clear. I once bought a small can because they were out of the large ones and was surprised it was green but it all works the same. and now I keep a can of Johnsons paste wax just in case the expensive little cans of imperial are seemingly forever out of stock.

Boolit Buddy
    I've had 2 cans of the white Imperial sizing die wax for at least 10 years now. I'm almost through the first can. No issues at all.

I switched to the wax after a stuck casing resulting from the case lube pad. I have never looked back, and never had another stuck casing.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    10% of your loading has used up 2 cans of Imperial in under 10 years? You sir, are my new personal hero.
    When you do silly things like reform 375 Weatherby into 300 H&H, 7mm Remington Mag into 7x61 S&H or 300 Win Mag into .43 Spanish, plus a dozen other silly conversion kind of things the Imperial can goes down pretty fast. Did I mention the 7mm Mag to 280 Ross? Or the simple stuff, 308 to 300 Savage, .223 to .221 Fireball?

I think I need an intervention.........

Boolit Grand Master
    I bought my first can over 30 years ago and the second when I “misplaced” the first. Obviously mine came from the former manufacturer, and is a translucent white in appearance. I think my cans are a little smaller than the current ones.

My primary use for ISDW was to reform 38-55 brass down to 32-40. In fact, most of the use I have gotten from it was Schuetzen cases. I have 100 or so new Starline 357 cases that I need to reform to 32/357 (Dell) for my Peregrine bench gun. As slowly as I use it, and since I size most of my pistol cartridges with TC dies, my grand nephews will have plenty for reloading to 2100!

Froggie
    Last edited by Green Frog; 01-21-2022 at 12:18 PM.
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    I have been using it for long enough that I can't remember when I started. Have never seen any but a white color. Have several cans, but have not emptied the first one yet, close, but still some left. all I use anymore. they also used to sell a little powder to dip the necks in. still use it too.
    Barry

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by panhed65 View Post
    I have been using it for long enough that I can't remember when I started. Have never seen any but a white color. Have several cans, but have not emptied the first one yet, close, but still some left. all I use anymore. they also used to sell a little powder to dip the necks in. still use it too.
    Barry
    It’s still available. Others sell it as “motor mica.”
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    too bad that a lot of reloaders use other case lubes. but, that means more for us!

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    I have the Redding Version and have only used about a third of the can . I also have the Hornady version , can't really tell much difference between the two . Both work . I started loading with a stamp pad and STP , it worked too but was messy .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

My white Imperial was bought about 1973-74. I have not done near enough loading to need another one yet.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

My Imperial is white. I has to be 30+ years old. Still great stuff. I think I read once they made/ packaged some for Hornady or somebody, it was light purple.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Boolit Master
    I have had 3 cans of the white Imperial sizing die wax; my third can is new I just bought it last year.

Boolit Master
    I got the green stuff, dont know how old it is but still has the price on the bottom ,$5.95.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Master
    Mine is the white stuff, at least 10 yrs old and works just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12