RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 degrees and just got done blowing snow

Boolit Master
    It was -14 when I got up at 4:30 this morning. Just before daybreak it went down to -15. It is supposed to snow tonight and on and off for the next couple of days then dip back into deep negative temperatures. At least we are on the bottom side of January.

Boolit Master
    You got clams in Michigan? Power just went out here for a minute. Hope that isn't going to happen again

Vendor Sponsor

I sure feel for ya Lloyd yessir I do! I spent a couple years in Minnesota, winters were brutal.

We got 1/4" of snow yesterday to today, people are being idiots on the roads. Today we got another inch and a commuter jet skidded off the end of the runway, all the news crews are out reporting with live feeds, it's some kind of major event here.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

-7 as I write. The woodstove is handling it just fine.
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Master

-18 here in tropical southern Vermont this morning
    Being human is not for sissies.

1-22-22, This morning at 0600 it was a balmy +6 F. here in the Eastern Panhandle of WV about 70 miles NW of D. C. All that hot air does nothing to keep the area warm.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Grand Master

4.5-5" of snow in my back yard this AM. High today is predicted to be 35. We will get a little melting, and the major roads are likely to be cleared, but aren't this AM.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Good gosh -24 this morning. Was going to attend the Albany gun show but decided best to stay around the homestead in case I am needed due to the weather. Sometimes doing the right thing sucks then again, I believe it is supposed to.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

-18 here at 1700’ in Central NYS. That Albany GS used to be real good in the 90’ & 2000’s.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    You guys keep reminding me of why I live in Florida.
    ya but i have deer and bear in my back yard and my property borders on miles of federal and state land. That and we dont have weeks of 100 percent humidity and 100 degree temps in the summer. Now that you can have. Plus that warm weather sends all the idiot flocking there in the winter and those idiots sure stay away from here in the winter so we only have to deal with yuppy tourists in the summer. We even get people from the south up here in the summer to escape the brutal heat down there. Times i wish it snowed and was cold all year!!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    We even get people from the south up here in the summer to escape the brutal heat down there. Times i wish it snowed and was cold all year!!
    If a snowbird is a yankee that goes south for the winter, what is a southerner that goes north for the summer a sand flea?
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Plus 5 degrees here where I am. We haven't got much for snow in couple weeks now. Kinda hate to jinx myself lol. This year I got a 5 foot snow blade for the ATV (Suzuki King Quad) and that seems like a nice addition. Had to install the winch too.

We got a couple inches of windy snow last night and it looks like it's just enough to plow.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master
    13 below and was cutting wood /trees all week for deer , came home as the tractor showed low oil on stick. Could not get hood release to work called mechanic and he said you know it's cold right? Said yup and then looked at phone -13 texted back , Joe will try again Monday /Ed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    If a snowbird is a yankee that goes south for the winter, what is a southerner that goes north for the summer a sand flea?
    ill have to ask one of the thousands that invade our town every summer.

Boolit Master
    Woke up to 0. Going to get to 16 today. I'm calling it a warm spell based off the last two weeks and the week ahead. Still to cold to cast and I am running out of brass to process. Stay warm all.

Yup, we've been having some below zero global warming temps also, up here in Maine.
    Let's go Brandon!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Woke up to 0. Going to get to 16 today. I'm calling it a warm spell based off the last two weeks and the week ahead. Still to cold to cast and I am running out of brass to process. Stay warm all.
    take a ride over if your bored. Ive got 3 flat rate boxes of brass that need to be sized deprimed and decrimped. Ill even buy the beer.

Boolit Grand Master

More coming this weekend. 5"-9" predicted for Friday night into Saturday AM. At least we'll get to see the snow fall. Last one was all overnight. That's a lot of snow for Hampton Roads. For those who don't know the Roads are the confluence of the York river, James river, and the Chesapeake Bay - back in the day the rivers were the 'Roads'. Thus Hampton Roads.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    -24 @ 7am. Sun is out and its -16 at 8am. Checked the chicken coop and its holding above freezing.

Careful Lloyd, You don't know how dangerous it is to temp a NYS resident with a vacation from this crap hole. I'm like George, I might just show up on your doorstep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12