Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 degrees and just got done blowing snow

Banned

6 degrees and just got done blowing snow

for the second day in a row. Have a nice hot bowl of homemade clam chowder sitting in front of me. talk about comfort food!

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Going up to 71F here in the desert SW and just got done shoveling 8" of sunshine. Again!!!!!!!

Sausage & eggs here.

banger

Boolit Master

You can thank us for the weather Lloyd. We've allot of -20 to -30 here. Sending some warmer air your way by the end of the weekend.
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Boolit Master
    Supposed to get down to 13 degrees here in the Arkansas tonight. Sounds more like y'all's weather.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

-10 here at 1700’ in Central NYS tonight but at least no snow to plow. We are in the teeth of winter and it’s supposed to continue rest of January.

Boolit Master
    Snow north of the Border

Or at least where I am... well 4-5 days ago

Snowed during the night, opened the back door, over a foot of snow resting against door and out farther it was 2 plus feet.

reached out and grabbed snow shovel where it was resting against back wall. moved shoveled the top part of the snow so i would not get any white stuff down the top of my boots, and moved enough snow to be able to open the doors on the SUV and clean off the top of it. So i could go to work.

Phoned work and said I was going to be late. when i walked in to work Boss was glad I showed up as others had phoned in and could not make it.

after work went home and shoved and snow blowed 3 hours. Called it a night when ran out of gas and when trying to restart it broke the pull cord.

next day go to work, home ,fix pull cord, 3 more hours/ Used a snow shovel to clean off the top of the car.. it looked more like a cube van with some snow on top .made a few passes with the snow blower on neighbours DW to make it wider

3 day Have a day off ... more snow but it warmed up now it is heavy and will not blow more than 3 ft. Got more of it done

Day 4 Froze over night snow turned to ice and you can walk on it..... today Man cave. have some 44 cal to lube

if I was younger i would be outside carving snow blocks/ stacking and making a igloo fort to play in

No such thing as global warming.... cause its colder out and more snow than when I was a kid
    Last edited by Ford SD; 01-20-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    for the second day in a row. Have a nice hot bowl of homemade clam chowder sitting in front of me. talk about comfort food!
    Same here. Mostly Lake effect. Had a foot on Monday morning. Maybe 4" since.
    12° right now but it's supposed to drop to -3° tomorrow evening.

Perfect weather for ham and scalloped potatoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Banned

its suppose to hit here in a couple days. there talking highs of -10 next week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    Same here. Mostly Lake effect. Had a foot on Monday morning. Maybe 4" since.
    12° right now but it's supposed to drop to -3° tomorrow evening.

Perfect weather for ham and scalloped potatoes.
    wife made scaloped taters and ham last week. That and lasagna are her specialty's. She works during the week so i cook and can only get her to cook on weekends

Boolit Grand Master

Raining here now, will turn to snow tonite - high below freezing tomorrow and maybe 4-7" of the white stuff - that's a lot for us. I'm going out to the freezer and get the last of the Guiness beef stew for tomorrow nite. Fireplace all set up and wood on the back covered porch - and not working on Fridays anyway. Hot chocolate in front of the fireplace and beef stew on tap for tomorrow nite. Question if we will try to go to Church Sunday, we'll see how bad it is. I can drive in it no problem, move here from NH and lived in WVA. Lots of people around here are completely incapable. USN moves folks here from Texas or Florida who have literally never seen snow and they try to drive in it! I'll sit at home unless I absolutely have to go out.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    I know what happened to Martin Luther so I hesitate to bring this up but I must admit to trending toward a global warming and climate change skeptic. Entire industries now depend upon climate change models being the gospel and I sure don't want to put anyone out of work however.

Boolit Master

Amarillo, Texas
    24 degrees right now
    About an inch of snow on the ground from
    last night.
    WHEE !
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

My farmer neighbor does my snow removal. You can do a heckuva job in a hurry with a 90 HP diesel New Holland!
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Supposed to get down to 16 here in the morning, nothing as bad as some of you are dealing with. Haven’t had to use the front end loader on my tractor to break ice yet , like last year no complaining from me!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Quote Originally Posted by thxmrgarand View Post
    I know what happened to Martin Luther so I hesitate to bring this up but I must admit to trending toward a global warming and climate change skeptic. Entire industries now depend upon climate change models being the gospel and I sure don't want to put anyone out of work however.
    Climate changes. To believe man has anything to do with it is arrogance.
    Tony

Climate change used to be called 'weather' Now it's cause for panic. Going down to single digits here. It's done it before, and it'll do it again. I'm ready for it. Truck, generator, wood burner, snow blower, all ready to go. Pantry is full, so is the chest freezer. My neighbor across the street is a lawyer. It was so cold last week, when I looked out and seen him, he had his hands in his own pockets....
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    A few days ago Onslo, in NW Australia recorded 50.7 degrees Celsius (121 F). That part of the country can be pretty hot in (our) summer. The story goes that a fellow from over there came to present himself at the Gates of Hell. The Devil was giving him the spiel about fire and brimstone. "You can't scare me with that stuff" declared Our Man, "I'm from Marble Bar" (another hot place - the "marble" is actually a bar of jasper across the river, and it's a lovely place to visit in winter).
    Last edited by Wilderness; 01-21-2022 at 07:52 AM.
    It'll be handy if I never need it.

Insomniac, agnostic, dyslectic - awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.

Boolit Master

You guys keep reminding me of why I live in Florida.

Boolit Master
    -20 degrees up here in the mountains with 20 inches of snow. Good weekend to attend the Albany Gun show.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

-6°F at 0600 today. The high was 17°. Tonight it might be colder. Thankfully no wind chill worth mentioning. And with the arctic air mass there's no humidity worth considering either.
    Let's go Brandon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast