Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Shortening a Lee 8 mm Max cavity?

Boolit Master

Shortening a Lee 8 mm Max cavity?

I’d like to cast a boolit from this mould with the forward portion of the ogive removed. The overall length as cast is 1.210” and I need to block off the forward .202” of the cavity which will result in a boolit of 1.008” in length with a .302” meplat. Can a zinc alloy be cast in an aluminum mould block with out block damage? I could cut the zinc boolit at the length needed to block off the nose portion while casting with lead alloy. Or is there an easier way of accomplishing the shortening the boolit? I realize the boolit could be faced off on a lathe; mine is currently down…
    Reason for this is to get a heavy .32 boolit for .32 Special, which has the slow twist (1:16”) rate barrel.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Moderator Emeritus
    You would probably be better off modifying the mold similar to how the Mihec hollow point molds are made.