Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USPS Incredibly bad.

I was in line at the local Post Office one time on a unusually busy day.
    When the clerk finished processing a box, he'd throw it against the wall behind him,
    and it would fall into one of those big roll around hamper carts.

Then he processed one that had insurance paid on it,,,, the guy turned around, carried it over, and set it in the hamper.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

"But I don't expect much from a company that looses 8 or 9 billion dollars each year ...
    If I had run my business like that I would have had a business for 3 months at best !" gwpercle

If my math is correct, you have a couple of million dollars in reserves. At my age, already a few years past 70, I think I would take the $2 million and live as I pleased, maybe leave some to my kids.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I am heading to Florida today. I bought a fishing license and hard card a week and a half ago on line. I was was told I would received it at the beginning of this week. I am signed up to receive daily emails showing photographs of the mail coming to my house. Did this years ago because if the mail that was never delivered. USPS always told me it was delivered and claimed theft. I received a photo of the Florida Fish and Game letter containing my license on Tuesday morning showing that it would be delivered later in the day. The mail delivery person never showed up. I called yesterday and was told they pulled the person off my my route for the day on Tuesday because it was getting to late in the day and they need him back for sorting. I was told I should have it Wednesday (yesterday) by 4pm. If it didn’t show up by 4pm to call them so I can drive to the post office and they would bring my mail out to me after hours. Three forty five in the afternoon my two other pieces of mail that were scanned for Tuesday were delivered but not my Florida letter with my license. I drive down directly to the post office to make sure I was able to walk in before they closed. I stood there for 15 minutes waiting for a supervisor. I could clearly hear one if them dropping every swear word in the planet on phone calls for three different missing mail pieces from Florida, how cold it was, and that they were eating their “Fn” and not to bother them. I eventually got tired if listening to it and went to the front counter and asked for the supervisor I talked with. I went back to the supervisor desk. She came out and shut the door behind her because there were still two people still swearing and complaining away. I explained who I was. She tried to call my mail carrier. He wouldn’t pick up. She also checked in the building for any of my mail With zero luck. I printed a paper license on line when I got home so I’ll be legal when I get to Florida. Apparently I wasted money on the hard card since I don’t plan on going back this year to use it.

For the last 7 plus years I have not had a designated mail carrier for my route. Once the first person is done on another route they ge5 stuck with my route. It’s a new person delivering mail every day. I get my neighbors mail once to twice a week. I also sent a scope to a member here in a two day priority box that took over a week to show up this last week.

I sometimes get packages from other folks in my mailbox and bring them to them myself. I sometimes find packages of mine marked as delivered but they show up the next day (this means that one of my neighbors got it and they put it in my mailbox). I once had some brass marked as delivered but it never showed up, so i checked the mailbox at the vacant house next to my property..sure enough, there it was...only i already had another bunch on the way...all this to say that although midway is in fact being cheap on packaging, the USPS delivery service leaves alot to be desired to say the least.

This one is on the way back to midway through UPS.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master
    Yes it has gone downhill here as well. They just plain don't deliver if the weather is a bit challenging. And we also have a different person each day and often get our neighbors mail. What a shame.....
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    ALL on Midway. Not on USPS and I'd bet that none of these carriers have claims from any major businesses. Just the cost of doing business. I would give Midway a shout. You have to over package a lot of items....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I have to disagree. I have boxes busted open or crushed with the contents spilled out or damaged on three separate occasions, ALL of them transported by USPS, two out of the three were in USPS packaging, properly secured and padded. If you remember the gorillas that used to do the American Tourister luggage commercials... they work for USPS now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5sEIWlQO7A
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    I've run and owned two retail businesses since the 1990's. Back before the internet was the main way we got product like now, most of us went to our sporting goods store and purchased it off the shelf or we had them order the part. The store took the hit on the damage products. We still had to wait for the replacement but we weren't out the money because the business would have to return our money. All the years in business I also realized that companies (wholesale distributors) are more careful in their packing of products so damage is less likely to occur. If it were to happen often they lose the accounts business. Unfortunately the online businesses are not worried about how you feel when their cost cutting packing policies end up causing you this kind of problem. You have no leverage in preventing this careless handling of your property. Yes, it's your property, you paid for it. You might be better off in the future whenever possible to order the product online but specify during the online purchase that it's sent to and will be picked up at the local business of that company. Sportsman warehouse is one such business. Likely their are more. I can order the product from them online and pick it up at my local store. Most likely it won't be damaged and the convenience of online purchase. Or stop into your LSG and have them order it for you. Sometimes you'll get a lower price from them cause it's a guarantee sale and they can charge less since its not going to sit in a shelf for 6 months before someone buys it. Or buy online an take your chances. Really no way to guarantee the damage is not going to happen again. Just my nickels worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many years ago had a box (and postal inspector and two cars of county mounties) arrive with one corner selectively opened to reveal the muzzle of the percussion revolver inside. To identify the correct corner to tear open the package would have had to have been x-rayed.
    I realized what the game was but I was polite none the less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12