Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: Can't get lube to the pump assembly!

Can't get lube to the pump assembly!

Using 1x4 inch red lube from White Label. I have a heated base and warm things up when I start up.

The plunger and spring bottomed out. But 4 1/4" down is lube laying there. No lube going to the pressure pump. The main shaft is firmly bottomed out.I c an see lube down there.

If I try to add even 2" of lube I have to have the Wife screw the threaded cap on while I strain to compress that spring.

#2 the heated STAR base...When ON is the slotted brass screw need adjusting to regulate the temp? My base seems to run too hot. I switch it off and on as needed.

Thank You in advance for the help.

FN in MT

Boolit Master
    Have you opened the screw at the base to allow bleeding of the trapped air in the pump area. Not a great idea when under a lot of pressure when the lube is hot. Back off all pressure from the lube feed when the press is at room temperature and allow the air to escape.

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    Do you have the lube groove lined up correctly? I had a problem when I first got a Magma Star and got everything lined up and it works line a champ.
    Another problem I have run into is a large grease grove 45 mad sometimes have to hit the handle twice to get them completely filled.

The Star can be a finicky critter and takes some getting used to before going full bore while lubing bullets. Another problem is too much pressure and I wind up getting
    lube on the nose of the next bullet.

Opened the clean out plug, let all the lube come out like a worm. Didn't hear any air escaping.

I EASILY loaded a full stick of lube....a nice change. Lubed 200 or so Keith 358429's NO issues.

Thank You Gentleman!