RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, January 26

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, January 26

Good morning all. Today's message really hit home for me. Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Moving On from Setbacks

"Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry."
    —2 Timothy 4:11

John Mark had a weak start. As the nephew of Barnabas, he went on a missionary journey with his uncle and the great apostle Paul. We don’t know what happened, but for some reason Mark changed his mind and wanted to go home.

And when Paul and Barnabas went on their next missionary journey, Barnabas suggested they take Mark with them. Paul, however, was opposed to it. He didn’t want to take him along because of what happened on the previous trip.

However, Mark eventually was able to repair his relationship with Paul, because in 2 Timothy 4:11, the apostle wrote, “Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry” (NKJV).

Add to this the fact that Mark was very close to Simon Peter, because Peter referred to him as his son (see 1 Peter 5:13). And Mark ended up writing the Gospel that bears his name.

Actually, many believe that the gospel of Mark was dictated by Peter (and I happen to agree), meaning that it’s effectively the gospel according to Peter. Yet at the same time, Mark witnessed the ministry of Jesus.

And when an angel of the Lord delivered Peter from prison, the Bible tells us that Peter showed up at Mark’s house, where he lived with his mother, Mary (see Acts 12:12).

Mark was at the epicenter of many incredibly significant biblical events. Yes, he had a huge setback at one point, but he made a recommitment and ended up as a bona fide Gospel writer. That’s quite a distinction.

Maybe you’ve had a setback in life. Maybe you’ve done something you regret, bailed on a commitment you made, or had a lapse of faith. Know this: Your setback actually can turn out to be a set up. Your test can become a testimony.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

A very good lesson today, Amen!