RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Greg the Phantom: TATVCanada

Boolit Buddy

Greg the Phantom: TATVCanada

Friend of mine had a bad experience with a merchant in Canada.

TATVCanada is now on my black list as well.

Sharing the story that he posted on another Canadian forum ....

-------------------------------------------------------------

Greg the Phantom: TATVCanada

Hey everyone,

I just felt I should share my negative experience that I had with “tatvcanada.com”, and to save some of my fellow shotshell reloaders some trouble.

I had ordered some shotshell reloading tools from that website, and the package was lost by the courier (Canada Post), and even though is was shipped with “Signature required”.

But we all know how Canada Post handles signatures in these Covid times. Many of those “signature” packages were left at my doorstep and nobody asked for a signature, and they were miraculously signed for with a verbal signature. Yeahhhh

I then communicated with a certain Greg (no last name) who seems to be the owner of that company and who refused to ship the items again and refused to provide me with a refund.

That is when I looked closer into who TATVCanada is.

There is no physical address or phone number mentioned anywhere: not on the website, nor on the order confirmation, nor the Terms and Conditions, nor in any of the email communication from Greg.

I then asked Greg under what legal entity he is operating in Canada, and I asked him for his legal business name, and what his physical business address and business phone number is, and he refused to disclose that information.

I didn’t even know out of what province he is operating and until I traced the IP addresses of his emails, and which provided a clear picture about his movements and what email he had sent from what location and out of what city.

I searched all the province’s business registration databases for “TATVCanada”, and TATVCanada does not exist in any of those registries.

Basically, TATVCanada is a phantom or a ghost, not registered anywhere, and who is trying to evade any responsibility/accountability and with respect to Canadian consumer protection legislation. Greg makes up his own rules and that is it! And he feels that he is not bound by any law or consumer protection act.

If something goes wrong with an order from TATVCanada, then you are out of luck and you have no recourse whatsoever, because you have no idea who you are dealing with legally.

Well, you are dealing with “Greg”, “Greg the Phantom”!!!!!

In the end I had to call Visa and fight with Visa for a chargeback.

All in all, this was a very unpleasant experience and I will definitely never do business with “Greg the Phantom” again, nor with any other phantom on the Internet.

When I placed my order with Greg I knew something was shady, but the purchase amount was not high and I gave it a try. I learned my lesson. I will never order from an Internet Phantom again. It is not worth the trouble, even though Visa and Mastercard are supposed to be there to cover you: well in theory, until you have to deal with them!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Boolit Grand Master

If you have a tracking number, you have the city he shipped it from. No need to jump through hoops like you did. He says right on his website, it is a hobby, not a business. I'm not doubting your story, but are you absolutely sure he isn't just waiting for whatever Canada Post's required time is for a lost package?

I just had a similar experience with an outfit known as "Cotosen" supposedly from the UK? I saw them on the Fox News Homepage.

They had really nice looking clothes for sale and I bought a shirt Jacket from them. Never got a order confirmation but they billed my Paypal account. Never got anything else either.

Turns out they are in China and when I read the numerous Reviews on the place, there was not one positive review. Everyone said it was a scam.

Went to Paypal to get my money back! And left another 1 star review on their site.

Funny thing is, that if they were just delivering what they advertise, they would be making big money, as their stuff looks really nice and would sell lots here.

Randy.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

As a business, I deal with Canada Post all the time. I've mailed hundreds, if not thousands of parcels all over the world in the past 15 years and have had only two parcels go missing. Being insured, Canada Post fulfilled the claim and reimbursed the cost of the contents, as well as the postage.

Something sounds fishy to me regarding this. If the parcel required a "Signature", then it would also have a tracking number assigned to it as well. By tracking the parcel, one would be able to find out where the parcels last stop was. Parcels shipped with Canada Post have a minimum $100.00 insured coverage, even with the cheapest shipping method offered by Canada Post.

If the parcel did go missing or lost, then it is up to the party whom mailed it to file a claim with Canada Post.
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master

if my memory is correct he was a collage kid who started doing lathe jobs on the side and it kind of took off. he has a lot of tools for reloading shotguns and I have bought from him at least 3 times with no problems, but it was precovid when i placed my last order with him so things could have gone bad. he was the only north american stocker of the russian slug molds. I would vote that maybe something is going on but there are 2 sides to a story and sometimes people try to scam business with bad press to get free things, not sayin that is whats going on, just that after my personal dealings with tatv, I have doubts about this story.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    If you have a tracking number, you have the city he shipped it from.
    That is what I thought too ...... but it seems Greg managed to obfuscate the originating address as well somehow. I had a long talk with my friend tonight ... and tracking shows that the parcel was shipped from a completely different province.

Well, for all those who are doubting the story and who have dealt with Greg.
    Can you tell us the following? Maybe you have more information than we have ...

- Under what legal business name is he operating in Canada? It is not TATVCanada!
    - What is his physical business address?
    - What is his business phone number?

(Just to make it clear, any business operating in Canada is obligated to disclose this information according to consumer protection legislation, and to provide consumers with a legal recourse in case of a dispute.)
    Last edited by faustus; 01-21-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Hey watch it with the names. I am Phantom30 and my real first name is Greg and I live in Florida so careful please. Anybody know where there are 2.5" 410 hulls for sale?

Boolit Master
    yes theres this guy in canada that has some

cute