WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: NOE 360-158-WFN-T4 in 38/357

Boolit Master

NOE 360-158-WFN-T4 in 38/357

Well the design caught my eye so I ordered a 4 cavity HP mold.

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/prod...60-158-wfn-t4/

NOW I’m waiting for the USPS to get it to me.

Anyone using this boolit? Any observations you’d like to share?

Boolit Buddy
    I have this mold in a solid. With range lead from TheCaptain, it drops 0.360 and 162 grains. Great boolit!
    Last edited by BMW Rider; 01-17-2022 at 05:35 PM.

Boolit Master

I've got the Arsenal 'PC' version (no lube grooves') of that boolit and it's become pretty much my 'go to' for moderate .357 Mag loads in both my handguns and Rossi '92. Accurate and feeds flawlessly in the levergun.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys! Right now I’m going to use them in my wife’s LCR and my 6” Security Six. Hopefully there’s a 2.5-3” GP100 in my future

I bought one of those NOE molds sometime back. I was very surprised as it has been very accurate in every .38 spl. or .357 I have shot it in and it is accurate at all different load levels. On top of 3.5 gr. of Bullseye in a .38 Spl. it is starting to edge out the old 358495 WC as an everyday practice load. It is just about as accurate as the WC and great for speedloader practice. I haven't shot anything but paper with them, but it ought to do well for a hunting bullet with that large meplat.

I have that one in a 5 cav and it's a good accurate design .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Master
    The mold made it here yesterday. I believe there will be some molten lead poured this weekend.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    It's probably my best mold for my .357 and shoots like a laser beam. It is a very accurate boolit. I think I have 4 or 5 of those molds now.
    You should love it!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    I have the 182 gr version of this boolit in plain base. It shoots wonderfully well in my Ruger M77/357. I can almost get it to 1400 fps without a hint of leading and at 1350 it works just fine on small to medium black bear at under 75 yards. I have never tried it my revolvers.

I ordered mine today. Was thinking about it before this thread. It and my 358 432 wad cutter are likely all I will ever need in my .38 Special. Should make for some light plinkers in my .357 Max Henry rifle too!

Boolit Master
    Well with my mix of scrounged range lead and wheel weights it casts at 160gr as a flat point and is 0.361”. It’s a pretty boolit.

I sized them to 0.359” and loaded 20 in .38 Spl brass over BE-86 to around 900fps. Shooting them in an indoor range today from my 6” Security Six accuracy was as good as I get at 50’ standing unsupported, no leading to speak of.

Unfortunately when I tried to load some in .357 brass the boolit gets into the throats of my Six’s cylinder and won’t fully chamber. I tried sizing to 0.357” but it’s still no bueno.

I have a GP-100 incoming, I’ll be interested to see how that plays out. I really wanted this boolit as a hp I could load in .38 Spl and it’ll be great for that use. Sorting out .357 would be icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Rick R; 01-28-2022 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Sized diameter corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Well with my mix of scrounged range lead and wheel weights it casts at 160gr as a flat point and is 0.361”. It’s a pretty boolit.

I sized them to 0.369” and loaded 20 in .38 Spl brass over BE-86 to around 900fps. Shooting them in an indoor range today from my 6” Security Six accuracy was as good as I get at 50’ standing unsupported, no leading to speak of.

Unfortunately when I tried to load some in .357 brass the boolit gets into the throats of my Six’s cylinder and won’t fully chamber. I tried sizing to 0.357” but it’s still no bueno.

I have a GP-100 incoming, I’ll be interested to see how that plays out. I really wanted this boolit as a hp I could load in .38 Spl and it’ll be great for that use. Sorting out .357 would be icing on the cake.
    In my GP100 , I have to keep the cylinder throats clean with a bronze brush and keep those brass at Min length with that boolit . I size them 358 in the GP and 360 in the T/C , 90% of what I cast with that mold gets digested by the T/C for Sillywets .

Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall623 View Post
    In my GP100 , I have to keep the cylinder throats clean with a bronze brush and keep those brass at Min length with that boolit . I size them 358 in the GP and 360 in the T/C , 90% of what I cast with that mold gets digested by the T/C for Sillywets .

Thanks! I’ll bear that in mind when I get the GP100

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    It's probably my best mold for my .357 and shoots like a laser beam. It is a very accurate boolit. I think I have 4 or 5 of those molds now.
    You should love it!
    Lovely work there Beagle!

Quote Originally Posted by hc18flyer View Post
    I ordered mine today. Was thinking about it before this thread. It and my 358 432 wad cutter are likely all I will ever need in my .38 Special. Should make for some light plinkers in my .357 Max Henry rifle too!
    Mine came in yesterday. Thinking 1.5/1.5/97 alloy. Hope to get some cast this week. Mine isn't the hp version. Need to scrub and heat cycle it a couple times tomorrow. hc18flyer

Folks,

I know this is an old post, but I’m hoping to revive it for some additional feedback.

I’m seriously considering acquiring this mold in the HP version for general purpose hunting. Does anyone have any feedback on hunting performance of this bullet in a hollow point? How much does the HP boolit weigh?

Surfdog

Boolit Master
    Surfdog,

Depending on alloy mine weigh about 148gr when cast as a hollow point.

I’ve gone to sizing/lubing these and the similar NOE 184gr wfn in my Lyman 450 and then running them thru the .358” NOE push thru sizer. That eliminated issues with chambering them in magnum brass and still kept them very accurate out of my guns.

Rick,

That’s good to know. I finally bit the boolit and got the mold, but I’m going to wait for cooler weather to cast some.

I’m hoping to cast primarily with 50% Pure PB and 50% WW. I have a S&W 642 that I think would appreciate some loaded to almost +P velocity, and I’m on the lookout for an older K38 for more precision work.

How does the bullet perform in your LCR?

Surfdog

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog View Post
    How does the bullet perform in your LCR?

Surfdog
    As I remember it shot well in my wife’s LCR, but she didn’t like the recoil of my reloads (probably with BE-86). I need to load some of the lighter HP version over a dash of Clays and see if they are more to her-spec.

I’ve been very pleased with this mold for.38 special snubbie.
    https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop...ity-pb-360432/