MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Chinese Little Torch Oxy/Acetylene Torch

Boolit Master

Chinese Little Torch Oxy/Acetylene Torch

I bought a couple of these little torches for about $30 each on eBay. They don’t come with regulators but the fittings worked on the small torch that I already have.
    I used it for a small silver soldering job and it worked well!
    It heated the parts enough to solder them together but did not make them glowing red like my other torch would have.
    I wish that the tips had numbers on them because my old eyes can hardly see the holes because they are so small!

Boolit Grand Master

How about a pic of it or link to it? For years I had a mapp gas oxygen torch that did very good. Ir would get hot enough to silver solder small parts. It was expensive for the small disposable bottles though. When I bought my last torch I got a smaller victor with cutting head and small welding tips and mixing chamber. It has the hvac size bottles on it. plenty for me and lasts awhile for as often as I use it.

My furnace repairman has a acetylene torch that uses a high air flow body and pulls the oxygen from the air to solder only one bottle with acetylene. It is also unique in that the tip dosnt get hot.He doees a lot of silver soldering on copper tubing with it.

Remember no ebay links. List the seller then members can search ebay themselves. I'm interested too.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    I looked at my tips with a Magnifying glass and saw the numbers.
    I then painted each one a different color with nail polish to mark them.
    I went with Red being the largest , and green the smallest.
    I also mark other tools that I use often with the polish , like 8/32 and 10/32 cleaning tools and jags.
    It saves me lots of time looking to see what size I want that fits.
    Nail polish is cheap , durable and dries really fast
    Last edited by LAGS; 01-15-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    I bought a couple of these little torches for about $30 each on eBay. They don’t come with regulators but the fittings worked on the small torch that I already have.
    I used it for a small silver soldering job and it worked well!
    It heated the parts enough to solder them together but did not make them glowing red like my other torch would have.
    I wish that the tips had numbers on them because my old eyes can hardly see the holes because they are so small!
    If it's the copy of the Smith Little Torch, they don't come with regulators, either. I bought a HF welding and cutting set some years ago to have both capabilities, but never got to use it. Still have the tanks, a TurboTorch with a couple tips, and the Smith Little Torch, but no regulators, and all my adapters for my B tank was in the welding and cutting set when it was stolen from storage. Been looking for a set I could afford when I have the money to buy but keep being a day late and a dollar or more short. I've see the Smith set in operation, and for small stuff you really can weld with them. Not sure that's so with the import copies, but it could be. I have some projects they'd be really useful for.