Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMR4227 in Uberti 1858 with Taylor's 6 round cartridge conversion cylinder

Yepper buddy, my 1895cb 26" barrel my two 1894s are 20 and 16" respectively and my two R92s are each 24" that n right ther stands out in the case !

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    7.5 grains of silhouette powder will do exactly what your wanting to do with that 1858. its one of those powders that I look at like unsung heroes, its not super popular like unique, bullseye or red dot so it might not be too difficult too find now that there are shortages of just about everything. but I think it has some excellent charictaristics, like it flows through my powder measure very accurately, it really shines in semi auto high velocity loads in .380, 9mm and 40 s&w, three ive tried it in anyway and also works quite well for downloaded 45 colt as well as 30,000psi loads

I ordered Titegroup on Saturday, reluctantly as I still would have preferred a more filled case but as it was available I thought I had better. Would still prefer something more bulky or larger charge oh well. Thanks though very much. A really helpful group here!!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    TiteGroup, Bullseye and WST all tolerate free airspace in the case well and are not position sensitive. Bullseye in particular was used for loading factory lead ammunition in the .45 Colt for over 100 years, the standard charge being 6.5 grains with a 250 or 6 grains with a 255-grain lead conical in solid-head cases at a sample average pressure not exceeding 13,700 cup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45Colt255Conical.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	294733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USCtgCo45ColtBPCtg.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	294734
    Last edited by Outpost75; 01-17-2022 at 08:09 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Outpost, that's very interesting I will consider that for the future if we ever get out of the Strange world we find ourselves in currently.

I was only able to view the above sample photos this morning??? At any rate here is what I have a fair supply of Desperado Cowboy Bullets 250grn LRNFP .454 soft lead. I most definitely have never been fortunate enough to have run into such a cordial bunch of folks. I'm exceedingly grateful.

Boolit Bub
    I've been working on loads for my Pietta 1858. It's a color cased 5 1/2 inch.I make my own black powder and caps, but wanted to try out some smokeless stuff. I've got 50 pounds of Red Dot I bought back in the 80's. I started with that in 45 Colt cylinder. Recently, I bought a 'test' gun. A Pietta 1858 regular 8 inch smoke wagon. I've been loose loading Red Dot and Nitro 1000 under 454 round balls. Going up 1/2 grain at a time. So far, I'm getting consistent 1050 fps out of it, but accuracy obviously is an issue. Going to step it up to conicals and see if I can get Minute Of Bad Guy out of it. I'm getting skeered to go much higher than where I'm at.I know it's a bad idea to stoke up a cap gun with smokeless, but sometimes you just gotta live it up a little.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12