WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Took two .32's to the indoor range

Took two .32's to the indoor range

The Colt isn't doing too bad for 102 years old. 7 yards was all I could do with tiny sights.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Well ok.
    They both seem to work as intended.
    That’s a couple of cool pieces.
    I really like your boolits.
    What mold?
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    32 acp guns are shooters! Nice groups!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Great shooting from both the Colt and CZ!
    I know that it's a subjective thing, but does the CZ have more felt recoil?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

You done well (sic)!!! I have only one .32 -- a Beretta Tomcat -- and I doubt if I could even come close to your groups with it. Kudos! I do have a question with the Ceska Zbrojovca pistol. To wit, I have a similar model -- the 24 -- in .380acp -- and (it's double action only) I have never measured the trigger pull -- but it is about all I can handle for maybe five shots! Is the trigger pull on your CZ just as challenging?
    geo

Boolit Buddy
    it amazes me how the american market has turned its nose up at the 32 acp round. The CZ 70 is a great pistol and it's round (32 acp) keeps it a sub 300$ pistol with plenty sitting on the shelves. While I have nothing against the larger rounds that the american market prefers, I sometimes think that our culture and thought process looks down on the 32 acp round and i cant understand why??

Our forefathers knew full well how well the .32 ACP ( 7.63 Browning ) was not only accurate but penetrated very well.
    In the last century many of the warring nations had .32 ACP pistols issued.
    Ballistic gel test show the FMJ bullet will go in 12 or more inches.
    My wife carries a CZ-50 and with my reloads to original specs and
    shoots it very well.
    I own several military .32's and all shoot very well at 25 yards. A "mouse gun " they are not.

Boolit Master
    I've a French made "Manhurin" PP in 32 acp. Shoots jacketed ammo so well my el cheapo buddy tried to low ball me when he asked to buy it. I still have it and no intentions of selling it. Fun Pistol to shoot. Frank

Recoil is about the same. Maybe a hair more in the CZ with a higher bore axis. The da pull on the CZ is just horrible. SA pull is ok. The C Z has better sights bot hits waaaay high at all ranges. The Colt has superior ergonomics but tiny sights. I shoot it indoors only to be able to see the sights and recover the brass. It has a nice trigger.

I think I am going to Bubba something on the front sight if the CZ. I was holding at the bottom of the plate to hit where I did. That caused vertical stringing unless I used all the snake eyed concentration I could muster. It would be a great little woods bumming gun if it hit where it looked. I tried 7 to 25 yards.

The Colt hit just above the front sight at 7 yards. I just lollipoped the bull and squinted a lot to see the front sight.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master
    That will put a hurt on a BG and those groups are not too shabby. I had a CZ and like you said the DA trigger pull was a bit much. Would up selling it. I also had a Seecamp so shot a bit of ,32 for a while.

I found the recoil on a 9mm Kahr CW about the same as the CZ so had no use for the .32.

Beachbum. If you have ever shot a Kahr it will be apparent why some of us do not use the .32. With todays technology, we have small pistols in 9mm. They offer a more effective round that is less expensive to shoot/reload for. The cost difference between a used CZ70 and new CW9 is about $100 (just checked Gunbroker), and that difference will be less if you can find a used CW. FMJ .32 ammo is $25/box and 9mm $16. For a reloader, 32 brass is difficult to find while 9mm brass is easy to find and cheap. If someone has access to a public range, 9mm brass is free.

I would not feel defenseless with the .32 ACP, but there are better guns in 9mm and a slew of well designed bullets. I sold the CZ for a more refined pistol that was more powerful and less expensive to shoot. For a gun I will carry, another $100 was peanuts. For someone on a tight budget, that does not shoot a lot, used .32's may fill a need. Having had both, I would never recommend a CZ70 over a Kahr.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by beechbum444 View Post
    it amazes me how the american market has turned its nose up at the 32 acp round. The CZ 70 is a great pistol and it's round (32 acp) keeps it a sub 300$ pistol with plenty sitting on the shelves. While I have nothing against the larger rounds that the american market prefers, I sometimes think that our culture and thought process looks down on the 32 acp round and i cant understand why??
    I think it is cultural. In the US pistols historically seem to be viewed as viable weapons, even offensively ie calvary. Pistols were viewed as suitable for use against an enemy combatant. Look how many pistols were issued to US armed forces as opposed to European ones.

It seems that the "civilized" countries viewed handguns as status symbols or badges of rank in their militaries. A last ditch weapon for officers to use.

Culturally Americans like pistols that make bigger holes in things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Those groups will do the job! What mold are you using?

I have owned four .32acps. Far from my go-to carry piece but they sure are fun to shoot. I still have a MAB Model D. It’s a sweet little shooter and better than a sharp stick if need be.