Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Western "EXPERT" factory primed new paper hulls

Boolit Buddy

Western "EXPERT" factory primed new paper hulls

Hello everyone,
    I have a full box of 12 ga and a half box of 16 ga Western "EXPERT" primed factory paper hulls. I can't resize photos on my phone to post pictures. I think they are from the 60's. Boxes are heavy stock cardboard (not corrugated) with a blue and white label that wraps all the way around the box.
    If someone wanted to post the pictures of the boxes and the hulls, I would text photos to them.

Does anyone have a clue what a fair price for these would be? I am wanting to sell these in the Swapping & Selling section. No offers would be considered here- against the rules. Just wondered if anyone could share some knowledge.

Thanks, Steve

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6731.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	294915

I won these in an auction here a while back, close to four boxes worth of unfired primed paper Win. for $50. Should give you an ideal. But in the original boxes, yours would be worth a bit more per box I would think.

Nothing better than the smell of hot freshly fired paper shotgun shells.
    Last edited by HamGunner; 01-20-2022 at 10:20 PM.
    73 de n0ubx, Rick
    NRA Benefactor Life Member/VFW Life Member

Without looking it up, I think you are pretty close on dating.
    Used to be a very good market on fleabay years back.
    Last edited by oldscool; 01-24-2022 at 12:41 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Ahhh, The 1970's. Last of the Real Fed. Paper Gold Medal target once Fired 12 ga. Those Hulls we could get for free. The Trap n Skeet boys used to pick up our empty shells. at The Country Club For Gun nuts allowed no such nonsense as members bending over to shag your own. If you wanted Win AA or Rem. Green plastic ones you had to tip the kids/pay the club five bucks a sorted box full Man, I loaded so many pick up truck loads of five-gallon pails full of those freebies. unclemikeinct
    Last edited by unclemikeinct; 01-24-2022 at 02:27 AM. Reason: add to

Boolit Buddy
    Didn't realize this thread had been resurrected. After I posted this, I decided to put the old hulls to good use. I have tons of old card and felt wads, overshot wads with the shot size marked on them, and a roll crimper. Had a blast (pun intended) with them and my little trap machine in the back yard.

HamGunner you are absolutely correct. Nothing like the smell of a freshly fired paper hull. Brought back great memories of squirrel hunting and dove shoots from the late 60's and early 70's 's.

Boolit Master
    I just read that the folks that bought Remington ammunition are bringing back the Peters paper cased ammunition.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Master

Yeah, glad to see "big blues" again. Pity they didn't resurect the old well recognized box when they did./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by elk hunter View Post
    I just read that the folks that bought Remington ammunition are bringing back the Peters paper cased ammunition.
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....