Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midway has Small Rifle Primers

Moderator Emeritus

Midway has Small Rifle Primers

Fyi, I received a product in notification from MidwayUSA advising the CCI #400 primers are available. I ordered a box of 1,000 (at $76.99 USD + Haz mat + shipping). Posted here, again, fyi -- and best wishes if you want some versus ?? what their stock might be ??.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCI SRP.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	294462
    geo

Boolit Master

Thanks for letting the group know. Seems that the "Base price" continues to slightly reduce - but that Shipping and Hazmat is a killer.

Call me if they have some of those "Blemished" CCI300/CCI400/CCI500 Primers they advertise (all ways Temporarily out of stock) for $34.99 per 1000 available. Otherwise; I'll go to the storage locker and draw down my personal "Stash" until such time as sanity returns.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Already OOS and almost nine cents apiece with shipping, HAZmat and taxes.

I can remember when we thought that a penny apiece was outrageous.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaultx View Post
    Already OOS
    Thanks for that, I don't need to look now.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    a local GS was advertising they had SPPs in stock. I checked their price, $10 per flat. Never asked for the 1K price. I remember buying shotgun primers for $10/K

Need to quit reloading and take up a cheaper sport, golf- clubs, club membership, green fees, nah; bass fishing- bass boat, tackle, gas, nah; flying- lessons, a plane, parachute, nah; drag racing- I can outrun any guy in heels, nah, birdwatching- got some binoculars. Look there’s one!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I think this is just going to be the price. As long as they keep flying out of stock as soon as it hits any website at almost any price, nobody is going to market them for the old prices.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

It seems elections do have consequences, don't they?
    Let"s Go Brandon!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    I think this is just going to be the price. As long as they keep flying out of stock as soon as it hits any website at almost any price, nobody is going to market them for the old prices.
    I'm really hoping the lack of ammo is part of this. Once ammo is available, I sure hope people don't keep buying $75 a box for primers. That's nuts. I already came to terms with a somewhat higher price being normal, but I'm thinking more in the realm of $40 a box I'll buy. Over that, and I'll start scrounging a lot more.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I'm really hoping the lack of ammo is part of this. Once ammo is available, I sure hope people don't keep buying $75 a box for primers. That's nuts. I already came to terms with a somewhat higher price being normal, but I'm thinking more in the realm of $40 a box I'll buy. Over that, and I'll start scrounging a lot more.
    I believe you are close at $40/k once things settle down. Luckily I can wait quite a while but intend to stock back up when prices drop.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    One of my LGS's has CCI #41 on the shelf for $100.00/K limit of three, I passed, don't them that bad.

Boolit Master
    One guy on another forum posted that the high prices/shortage of primers would last until everyone had accumulated 20-30K and was satisfied.
    Another gent asked “Why would anyone let their supply get that low?”

It’s all a matter of perspective

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dpaultx View Post
    Already OOS and almost nine cents apiece with shipping, HAZmat and taxes.

I can remember when we thought that a penny apiece was outrageous.

I've, through the years, many times heard, "If you want to dance, you must pay the fiddler!". Hey -- I can reuse brass (and even anneal when possible to extend its life), cast bullets with stock-piled lead (knowing in my state lead wheel weights are/have been a thing of the past), and bullet lub can readily be fabricated if factory specialized lub's disappear. BUT -- I cannot do any shooting without primers. A friend of my older son just dropped $1,220.00 on ONE golf club! A friend of mine, last year, spent over a grand on a fly rod!
    Yes, I am most unhappy at the more-than-outrageous price on these primers, but two things: 1/I repeat the quip re paying the fiddler if I want to dance (reload); and.... hey... from posts here ... THEY'RE SOLD OUT!
    (a few cents worth of comments... less than two?)
    geo

Boolit Master

I guess being an old geezer has one advantage. I'll never live long enough to shoot up all my powder & primers. Also, being an old geezer seems to be a requirement to be president. I'll have to think about it. I'm still shooting the 10$/K primers I bought from Widners.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Buddy
    Luckily I'm still using my $15/brick primers. But I did spend $3.99 for a flat of Winchester 209 shotgun primers two years ago for muzzle loader use.

Boolit Master
    At 73 and having had foresight to stock up early, I doubt I will ever have to buy another primer, lb of powder, piece of brass, or boolit. Because of the current inflation rate, I believe primers will settle at around $40 per brick. If whoever is pulling Bidums strings can get another round of give away money to his ultra rich buddies, the price will increase to match the amount of money dumped into the money supply. Supply and demand controls the dollar price of things. Right now the demand for shooting stuff is high, the supply is low and the amount of money in the supply chain has increased a bunch. The demand for shooting stuff will decrease sooner or later but the amount of money in the system will not decrease because of continued govt deficit spending. Politicians need more money to spend to buy votes so more money is created for their spending programs. More money created causes the available money to be worth less. Consider it a huge hidden tax. Simple economics with both parties being responsible.

Boolit Master
    I too hope the price comes back down however quite a few non-firearm items have experienced a 30-40% bump since the beginning of the pandemic. Sure, primers and lumber both needed to come down but the everyday LGS price in the northeast was $30-35/K for quite some time before all this. If primer prices are inflated to anywhere near other common items have risen over the past 2 years I think $40 might be wishful thinking - but it is good to have hope!

Boolit Master

I stopped by my one LGS. They had primers for 60.00 per 1000. Powder average of 40.00 a lb. I stopped in for 17 HMR ammo. It was 15.00 per 50. I didn't buy any reloading supplies. Im still good to go for a while.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    I had some of those in my cart, $111 and change with shipping and hazmat. Nope not for me.

Boolit Master
    ok primers are no longer in stock, they sure dont last long once a retailer sends out a notice. seems the big online players, midway, powder valley, etc have prices set at $70-110/1000, I got a feeling they will not be in any rush to reduce these prices once inventories are built up., I have a feeling we will never again be able to buy a box of 5000 primers for $150, maybe I'm all wrong on this but the retail price of loaded ammo is way up there too. we may never again see a box of 20 30-06 or 30-30 rifle rounds for $16 even the cheapest stuff is double that. so with ten cent primers and powder at $60/lb we will still be able to reload at considerable savings compared to factory loaded ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast