Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter storm coming to the SouthEast

Vendor Sponsor

Once again, we here 45-50mi north of Raleigh NC have been spared the brunt of the storm, we have some very light icing, some slush on the roads, and the temps will be above freezing the rest of the week. So far, no loss of power or internet. O YAY!!

In typical fashion, communities to the southwest and west of us got a LOT more ice, and there are considerable power outages. There are hundreds of line crews from several states ready to go to work to restore power, and the road conditions are not bad enough that they can't mobilize and get to where the lines are down, so we all got lucky.

Attachment 294683
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

It's here now. Im looking forward to playing with the new to me snow blower.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

The wind drifted the snow quite a bit, so 8-12” depending on where you measure. Just a little sleet and no freezing rain. Power is on. Not many on the road.

4-5" snow with a medium hard crust of ice. Back rd in front of house,about the same. It is starting to warm up but the dang wind is ferocious. Will wait till later to fire up the tractor and clear driveway.

Would've been a great day to go varmint chasing with a cast rig but,the woods just aren't a place you want to be with this wind.

Boolit Buddy
    We received 2-3" of powder snow then sleet and some freezing rain, then rain then back to snow showers that dropped a dusting. Typical mid-Atlantic mess. No power outages that I've heard of

Isaac

Boolit Master
    Well it finally got here Sunday, something like 6-8 inches as predicted over the ice. Plow came by an hour ago and scraped the snow off of the ice and spread salt. Supposed to hit 40 today so should help. Sun is poking through and it looks pretty with all the snow on the trees. Had a power blip but never went out. Wonder if I'll get mail today, last time the 3 or so inches we got shut down mail for two days. Being retired don't have to worry about driving until the roads clear. Used the time to sort brass, clean up the reloading room and inventory and re-arrange my stash. Any desire to bitch about cold and snow was tempered by watching the news about that volcano in the Pacific, Mother Nature can do a lot worse than a little cold and snow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12