Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brownells Busts WD40

Wd-40

Sds is available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220128_091809.jpg   20220128_091838.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

use it as intended. For spraying down firearms soaked in the field until you can get home and clean them properly it does a great job
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Also good as starter fluid on small engines. Penetrating oils are small molecule viscus oils to get into metal pores. Anti-corrosion oils should be more 'polar' than water, that way they replace the water on metals with oil. Yrs ago garage door guy suggested wd40 spray on the springs to prevent rust. Many are coated now but I use wax as it keeps out water and lubes the adjacent coils The pledge stuff works good too.
    Whatever!

Banned

what do you think a company that sells gun oil is going to say about something that you can get at the hardware store. I personaly dont use it. I use mostly kroil and its worked fine for me. But then my guns dont sit for 10 years in the safe where something might dry up. Bottom line is most people over lube there guns. Even an ar15 only needs a couple drops to run. Anymore is just collecting dust.

Boolit Master

I just finnished cleaning all my guns, presses, and dies with WD-40. Cleaned off all the carbon and rust like a champ. Wiped off all the excess. A few drops of Rem Oil where needed. A tight patch of rem oil down the barrel. Good to go for another year. I did wipe down the outsides with Boe sheild or Fluid Film as an added precaution. I am worried the garage will get humid in the summer. But i do have a dehumidifier. Presses got grease and ATP where needed. Everything has a nice patina now.

I think the problem lies in leaving the excess. All oils dry up or gunk up. I have seen more than one over oiled gun at the range jam up. I am guilty myself of over oiling my guns. RSO told me to add a drop to all moving parts then wipe off the excess. Havent had issues since.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    I just finnished cleaning all my guns, presses, and dies with WD-40. Cleaned off all the carbon and rust like a champ. Wiped off all the excess. A few drops of Rem Oil where needed. A tight patch of rem oil down the barrel. Good to go for another year. I did wipe down the outsides with Boe sheild or Fluid Film as an added precaution. I am worried the garage will get humid in the summer. But i do have a dehumidifier. Presses got grease and ATP where needed. Everything has a nice patina now.

I think the problem lies in leaving the excess. All oils dry up or gunk up. I have seen more than one over oiled gun at the range jam up. I am guilty myself of over oiling my guns. RSO told me to add a drop to all moving parts then wipe off the excess. Havent had issues since.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    biggest offenders are usually guys with ar15s. Ive seen them dripping wet with oil. I wipe mine down with some oil soaked into a rag. NO oil in the fire control group. We were taught in the service to put a couple drops in the holes on the bolt carrier to lube the bolt. Found out later by people who have to trust there lives to them to never do that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345