RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: New Sig P320 M17

Boolit Master

New Sig P320 M17

Just got a new Sig/Sauer P320 M17 in 9mm.

Only shot a couple of mags so far, as we have been in and out snow, rain, etc for last couple of days.

Just for those interested, I slugged the barrel and the groove diameter is "dead nuts" @ .355" according to my Mitutoyo micrometer. Kinda' surprised, as most 9mm's I have slugged can go up to .3575".

No "in depth" report, but what little I have shot the SIG, it hits true to the sights at 20 feet,....more range time at distance as weather allows!

Has a nice set of Tritium night sights, and has the removable plate to allow certain brands of reflex sights.

Being striker fired, the trigger is a bit better than my Glocks,...shorter take-up and seems "to hit the wall" and break cleaner. Not a world of difference, but a touch better than my Glocks,...but I can go with either brand with no big adjustments. BUT like the Glock, the Sig is never going to have a good 1911 light crisp break. Striker fired pistols are just a different animal.

The M17 has a thumb safety... something I really like. I know, I know, striker fired pistols don't need a safety!!! But I like the safety, as it is simply like a 1911, just sweep your thumb down on the lever, and your ready for business. My choice...I will take the thumb safety.

Only real gripe I have with the SIG M17, has to do with the finish. It is in coyote brown,...looks good,...but the finish is no where near as tough as the finish on the Glocks I have, and have owned. The SIG finish seems to scratch and mark up easily just putting in and out of a holster. Seem as about as tough as water-based latex matte paint in the hobby section of Walmart.

The slide is made of stainless steel, so any loss of the matte coyote finish will not cause undue corrosion, but it really sucks to have a such a fragile finish. The finish on my Glocks seems hard as diamonds. Years of shooting, carrying and woods-bumming, and the finish still "hangs tough" on the Glocks.

More shooting to come, and just wanted to give all you cast shooters the barrel groove diameter of the SIG M17, as I could never find any good info on the barrel groove diameter in my searches.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    I've never had a tan Sig, but the finishes on Sigs are always better than most. I'd call Sig if the finish is coming off from holster wear, they'll probably send you a new slide.

I don't own a 320, but I've shot them a bunch. I like em, but still prefer the 226/229.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a m17 new after they fixed the recall issue.

The black slide I purchased for the subcompact model has worn better then the coyote one. The coyote has definitely worn off in many spots. After shooting 300ish rounds a week for several years the barrel slugs .3563 when it was new it was also dead nuts .355.

The factory plate works for the delta point pro iirc. The romeo does not fit.
    The delta point pro is an excellent red dot

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    A friend of mine just got one of these and broke it in this morning. I really liked it and may pick one up. Very nice trigger for a striker fired pistol.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by slickracer View Post
    A friend of mine just got one of these and broke it in this morning. I really liked it and may pick one up. Very nice trigger for a striker fired pistol.
    I really like the Sig too. Just not crazy about the durability of the finish.

Was reading on the Sig forums, and seems to be a common complaint with the PVD finish on Sig/Sauer pistols.

Again, I do really like this pistol!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting