RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Nice day !

Boolit Master

Nice day !

Had a pretty decent morning ! Went to the PO at 10 AM and there was a note in the box for window pickup . The 5,000 SP-10 wads I’d ordered from a dealer in Ontario Canada arrived . Then when I arrived back at the shop Fredex arrived with my first BPI order of lead and bismuth shot as well as a plethora of shotgun brushes . Got some Boyt cases on backorder at Optics Planet , another BPI order for Gualandi 8 gauge wads and two molds from one of the Ebay/Rooskie mold makers all on the way .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Kinds feels like you had a early Christmas, huh?
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Kinds feels like you had a early Christmas, huh?
    Still like to get two 8 pounders of Unique and 2-4 pounds of Clays . Clays works wonderfully for 8 gauge 1 1/2 ounce Sporting loads .

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Still like to get two 8 pounders of Unique and 2-4 pounds of Clays . Clays works wonderfully for 8 gauge 1 1/2 ounce Sporting loads .
    And Unique doesn't? I don't have any experience with 8 gauge at all, I'm just surprised. I think you are the first person I've ever seen praising clays. Which clays by the way?

Boolit Master
    I’ve purchased several thousand in powder the last month all priced at pre inflation prices . But unfortunately no Unique or Hodgdon Clays .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    And Unique doesn't? I don't have any experience with 8 gauge at all, I'm just surprised. I think you are the first person I've ever seen praising clays. Which clays by the way?
    Armbrust doesn’t show anything but Universal Clays , International Clays , Clays , Blue Dot and SR4746 that intrests me in the 8 gauge . No Unique loads , I asked about SR7625 but he didn’t recommend that .

Boolit Master

SP-10 wads! Those are the ones you get from the Leprechauns. I have set Leprechaun traps every where and still haven't caught one. Congratulations.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Grand Master

SP10 wads were everywhere in 2019. Now as far as I can tell, they are discontinued. It would really be nice if Claybuster started making them, especially one with a long section so you can shoot 1 1/2 and 1 5/8 oz loads in a 3 1/2" hull without spacers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    SP10 wads were everywhere in 2019. Now as far as I can tell, they are discontinued. It would really be nice if Claybuster started making them, especially one with a long section so you can shoot 1 1/2 and 1 5/8 oz loads in a 3 1/2" hull without spacers.
    I already broached the subject with those people and asked about SP-8’s as well . Their patent response was”we don’t plan on adding anything new at this time , but we will keep your suggestion on file” .

Boolit Master
    In 2 7/8” hulls I load 1 1/4 ounce . I used to use card spacers in the bottom and an overshot card to keep the crimp flat . Kinda time consuming , now I seat the wad drop four red beans in the shot cup and dump the shot then crimp . I get a nice flat crimp without an over shot card and don’t need to take the shell out to put the card in the bottom of the shot cup . Red beans are also a good bit cheaper than precut card wads .

Boolit Master
    Well four pounds of Clays kinda fell in my lap yesterday at the pre stupid price . Also seem to have ten pounds of Unique coming . Only thing I’m in need of are perhaps some more SP-8’s and 4-8 bags of the Gualandi 10 gauge wads. Need to start in the next week or two loading 8 gauge 1 1/2 ounce loads . Of the four shoots I plan on attending this year 100-150 oughtta cover what’ll be needed for sporting clays .

Boolit Master
    Only things I’ve ordered that haven’t arrived are the back ordered Gualandi 10 gauge wads and the Boyt cases . Hopefully this will be a good clays season provided I don’t come down with the crud .