Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnathan Cahn message to Joe Bidden

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    I live in the buckle of the Bible belt. I don't think there are many in this area who haven't heard the gospel many times but a lot of what they think they "know" about God's salvation gift is badly distorted.

Many "believers" believe in a "semi-salvation by semi-faith" in Jesus, heavily mixed with the Old Testament message of salvation by "livin' right". That legalistic view says men's souls are a little bit saved by Jesus but mostly saved by a very large dose of self righteousness - you know what I mean?

Sadly, many well-meaning people still wrongly teach the impossible sort of "salvation" earned by carrying the heavy burdens of "good deeds" that the Hebrews of Jesus' day taught ... and they will all go to hell because their good works are dictated by their inward focused human minds instead of outward focused, God loving hearts! (See Matt 7:21-24) ARRRRGG!
    That sums it up perfectly.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Jesus was the perfect preacher, evangelist, and Sunday School Teacher and lived as a perfect example before all he meet. But many he meet refused to believe him after he preformed miracles before their very eyes. They did not deny the miracles but said his power was from Beelzebub, which Christ debunked. They lied and used their political power tp have Him crucified. Even knew He was ressurected, but still many would not believe in Him
    The Pharisees destroyed the nation of Israel to have their power. They even held taunted the Roman government to the point that the Romans leveled Jersalem in AD 70.Estimates are around 1 million Jews were killed in AD&0.
    The same thing happened with the stoning of Stephen. After his face shone like an angel and he delivered a gospel message they delivered the predetermined sentence of stoning him to death.
    I know God has the power to turn America around but the majority ofpeople must "come to themselves" and repent before God will heal the land.
    Will that happen? I know we are at the crossroads but history is not on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Can someone please tell me when the United States as a whole (or a majority) followed the ways of God? I don't believe there ever was a time.

2 Chronicles 2:14 was spoken to Israel and no other nation. It is not applicable to the United States as we never had a contract with God.

Now the closer we behave in accordance with God's prescription for success, the better off we will be. This is built into the system, so to speak. So if the average citizen states putting others' needs before their own...we'll have a great country. But I am not holding my breath as people are becoming less and less self-sufficient and many refuse to even be responsible for themselves.
    Your request: There was a time when the majority of our people were cognizant of the word and society in general based its expectations and norms for behavior upon that knowledge, though every region of the nation has been a story unto itself as time has passed. That said, we've had our own Balaam's introducing error by conspiracies and as a nation we err. Now more than ever.
    Ruth Graham's quip about apologizing to Sodom comes to mind.
    What was your reference to 2Chron2:14?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Your request: There was a time when the majority of our people were cognizant of the word and society in general based its expectations and norms for behavior upon that knowledge, though every region of the nation has been a story unto itself as time has passed. That said, we've had our own Balaam's introducing error by conspiracies and as a nation we err. Now more than ever.
    Ruth Graham's quip about apologizing to Sodom comes to mind.
    What was your reference to 2Chron2:14?
    Societal norms and a commitment to God are two entirely different things. Yes, decades ago Americans expected fellow citizens to behave a certain way and exerted peer pressure to at least push others to hide their bad behavior. Now our misdeeds and selfish intent is on open display because society no longer dictates what it once did. However, this does not mean the nation as a whole ever attempted to be pleasing to God.

I referenced the verse in Chronicles because the OP did. That verse calls Israel to turn back to God so things would go better (i.e., avoid famine and war) according to the covenant she has with God. The United States was never founded under such a covenant and the verse does not apply to us.

However, like I said in my last post, the closer an individual (or nation) lives in accordance with God's demands, the better things will be for that individual. This is built into the system that God created for mankind. E.g., Think about how the Bible tells us to help the poor vs how the government does it. If we stopped supporting the lazy we'd be much better off. Lazy people would be happier, there would be less substance abuse, less crime and less children born to a one parent home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12