RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: An interesting article explaining supply chain shortages in food products

Boolit Master

An interesting article explaining supply chain shortages in food products

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-to-look-for/

This article explains food product supply chain shortages. Hint: Institutional food supply chains are 60% of the food sold in the US while the home food supply chain is only 40%. Due to different packaging methods the institutional supply chain can't serve grocery stores and the home food supply chain can't expand enough for the increased demand. This is all complicated by the need for new harvests to restart the institutional food chain. The amount of stored frozen food used to even the peaks and valleys of production between seasonal harvests is incredible but still limited. This is a very informative article.

Boolit Master

Reading the article; I keep seeing the same Achilles Heel throughout the article - FROZEN. The article is about food, processing, storage and dissemination. Energy is not the thrust of the article - But it is the critical element buried under the surface at every step. And Energy production/dissemination is under continual attack by elements of our Political Class. My recommendation is that people start as much as possible insulating themselves from the problems coming over the next 18 to 36 months associated with availability of foodstuffs.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

If you aren't ( yes, it can definitely be a challenge right now) buying a bit more each week and storing more than in the past, you should be...
    If you usually buy one or two cans of soup, buy 3 or 4. Same goes for everything else. I'm not saying go full hoarding mode, but if you don't have but a weeks supply, you are asking for trouble.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Don’t forget to rotate your stock.

The doomsday preppers are quivering with anticipation.

Something curious - while the big box stores are thin on meat and dairy, my small local chain market is not. We are in farm country sorta-kinda, southeast Ohio. I think this little chain is buying from local dairies and meat processors, so the milk and fresh meat cases are full. My neighbor (who uses my pasture) has maybe 100 beeves, grass fed and grass finished. Drive around and you'll see many like him - some have day jobs but are pasturing just 5 or 10 beeves, but they're here. Local farmers, local processors, short transportation distances, what's not to like?

Not to say that this local chain isn't out of some stuff. Pet food shelves are 95% bare. Almost no crackers to be seen. I've been ordering pet food online all along, in quantity, just for convenience. Now the basic stuff is still available, but Amazon (for example) is limiting quantities. Premium pet foods like Purina One are mostly OOS online.
    Cognitive Dissident