Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: 10mm in cast

Boolit Man

10mm in cast

I was given some cast boolits in 10mm that had been powder coated. Loaded up to 1300fps with of all powders,,,, Bluedot. The results are great and the hollow point boolit should work well in Hunting.
    Anyone here have any results they would like to share?

If there is another thread started on this,,, we can move this. I just didn't see any.

Boolit Buddy
    What weight are they? I have been dabbling a bit with the 10mm also. I have a 175gr Lyman mold that I got from a fellow member here. I haven’t gotten a chance to dive too terribly deep with it yet but have coated and shot a few with promising results. I’ll have to check my notes to see what powder I have been using.

Boolit Man
    The bullets are 165 gr HP and powder coated.

Boolit Man
    I did notice that almost every cartridge I looked at had a different COAL. I am just guessing that the purpose was because of the nose profile on each different bullet. Cast and JWord both. BB big 220 grain was a nice round. edit to add that 220 is a hardcast.
    Last edited by cherokeetracker; 01-12-2022 at 06:14 PM.

Boolit Man
    Blue dot works good as well as Power Pistol. Course you can probably try 2400 or Unique.
    They seem to work with just about anything.

Moderator Emeritus

I have been using the Lee 175 gr non TL PC'd and WC820 powder.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I load two different 200gr cast bullets and the 200gr XTP. The first one is the RCBS and the second one is for NOE. The NOE is my preferred choice as it has a wide flat meplat. I have used Blue dot in every one of those that I shoot. It gives me 1250fps out of my Kimber Stainless. I am loading .2 under max but i'm going to need to drop it down a smidge because my 10.5" AR pistol must have a tighter bore than my Glock and Kimber because it blows primers while the other two shoot it just fine.

I have some AA No9 that is said to be good in the 10MM as well but I haven't tried it yet. It works like a champ in my 357Sigs though.

I’ve just started casting/PCing 10mm. Glock 20 pistol and 16” carbine. Lee 401-175-TC.

180 XTPs work good on hogs. 1180 fps in G20 and 1500 in carbine. Using No. 9 powder.

Haven’t killed any hogs yet with my PC bullets. Initial tests are 1600 fps out of carbine.

Boolit Master
    Blue Dot is a favorite of guys over on the 10mm Forum for when you’re trying to squeeze maximum performance out of the 10mm.

I’m partial to BE-86 for cast/lubed boolits or jacketed in my 10’s. Both my guns like the NOE 200gr for accuracy, that boolit went thru 7-8 gallon water jugs with my max load with zero expansion out of my SR1911. I also have the Lee 170gr mold, not quite as accurate but it sure moonclip loads quicker into the cylinder of my GP-100 than that blunt NOE.

Unique works well for reduced and not so reduced loads. Allegedly 2400 works too, I still need to explore that powder in the 10.

Boolit Mold
    I’ve been using aa#9 for my faster loads in jacketed bullets. 180 xtps 4.5” sa xdm 13.5 gr aa9 1.260 does 1249. I’ve been using mostly 800x and longshot under my lee 175 tc powder coated. I’ve always felt that the faster powders bump the cast bullets better. I have put 13 gr aa9 under a hunting shack pfp 180 gr seated to 1.250 with good results just haven’t chronographed that one. I have a big star by it in reloading diary so it must have shot pretty well. I usually load those hunting shack bullets the same as lead loads so I would suspect that would work well with the lee 175 but haven’t put that combo together yet. I just started powder coating and it’s really amazing. Spring is on its way here in Montana so time to get out and test the loads from the winter!

Boolit Master

I have used 800x & Blue dot for over thirty years in my hot 10mm loads. Awesome.
    But recently tried Power Pistol. I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE!!! I have a snail drum and can pop a round here and there to see if pressured properly. I was testing all that morning and arrived at a pretty nice load. Well I must have Inadvertently bumped the scale and did not notice. I loaded only about a 10/12 but they was pretty hot. Had I dont that with BD I KNOW I would have destroyed the gun. But when I fired the first round over the screens everything felt normal. But the numbers where near 1400 fps for my 200g Slick side powder coated bullet in a 6" KKM Glock bbl!!! I checked the brass and it was hot. Hotter then I liked but safe. I loaded my old PP loading and it was 1239/1245. I fired one more 200g and it was 1389!!!! I stopped and pulled. I was over 9g of PP!!!! IIRC, 7.5 is max.

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS!!!!!

I tell because I feel allot safer getting numbers I want with the margine for error that is NOT THERE with 800x or BD!!!

I suggest you try Power Pistol.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Cast Hunter

I get good accuracy with Bullseye pushing 200 gn cast/lubed bullets at 1100 FPS.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member