Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homemade lube supplies

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Will, TheSage sells it for 25 bucks per gallon, so with shipping say 35? I tend to get all my stuff there whenever needed. Food grade will have a certified no baddies. Usually, first run stuff is called Virgin grade, and if cold pressed without additional heat, called Extra Virgin. Chemicals are finally added to aid extraction, some of which are not food grade, to get the last drop of product, the result is called industrial grade and/or agricultural grade, depending on the catalyst chemical(s) used. Sometimes, the catalyst chemical is stripped from the product, but the product never reaches anywhere close to "100" percent. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Will, TheSage sells it for 25 bucks per gallon, so with shipping say 35? I tend to get all my stuff there whenever needed. Food grade will have a certified no baddies. Usually, first run stuff is called Virgin grade, and if cold pressed without additional heat, called Extra Virgin. Chemicals are finally added to aid extraction, some of which are not food grade, to get the last drop of product, the result is called industrial grade and/or agricultural grade, depending on the catalyst chemical(s) used. Sometimes, the catalyst chemical is stripped from the product, but the product never reaches anywhere close to "100" percent. ... felix
    Yes I get most of my stuff there too Felix, but I somehow had a small bottle of castor, and looked at maomart for more to no avail, then hit the hippy store. Being that there was no shipping it was probably break even. What I got was Home Health brand...cold pressed cold processed

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Health-Ca.../dp/B00014IZ2U

I don't mind supporting local hippy stores, they have cool stuff when I need it

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Yep, those hippy stores typically have the best food grade chemicals. I go there to get my medicinal herbs. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

There is some code or ordinance that requires them to reek of patchouli oil however....I manage to overlook that
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master
    I got my beeswax at a place in Surrey (on the BC lower mainland) a few years ago. Cant recall the price, but not bad as I remember. Found the place in the yellow pages! You might want to try the yellow pages for wholesale beeswax in your area. Have a great day.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    I got my beeswax at a place in Surrey (on the BC lower mainland) a few years ago. Cant recall the price, but not bad as I remember. Found the place in the yellow pages! You might want to try the yellow pages for wholesale beeswax in your area. Have a great day.
    I talked to a local beekeeper, amazingly he had never thought of selling the beeswax. So when you see the signs that say "honey" stop in and ask, never hurts, often the seller is not the beekeeper, but the honey typically has the phone number of the beekeeper on it.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Just get on the internet and do a local search for beekeepers. I found out that the parent of one of the kids in the band with mine was a beekeeper. He also like willbird said he never bothered with the was. He was just throwing away the cappings and the comb. I am trying to get hooked up with him to get all I can.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12