RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday January 08

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday January 08

Good morning all. I hope today's devotion speaks as loudly to you as it does to me. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, January 8, 2022 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    An Essential for a Thriving Spiritual Life

Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.”
    —Psalm 119:97

Alexander Maclaren said, “He who has the Holy Spirit in his heart and the Scriptures in his hands has all he needs.”

Sometimes as Christians, we can find ourselves being defeated. We can find ourselves losing ground instead of gaining ground and falling back into old sins that we thought were a part of our past.

That’s because we lose sight of the basics. We need to go back to the very beginning, to the Word of God. We need to take what God has given us and let it develop in our lives.

We can find everything we need to know about God in the pages of the Bible. So if you want to know God, then you need to open, read, study, and apply what the Bible teaches. Success or failure in the Christian life is determined by how much of the Word of God we get into our lives on a regular basis and how obedient we are to it.

But it isn’t enough to just read. We need to comprehend what it is saying. We need to be hungry for the Word of God.

A growing believer will be a lover of God’s Word. The psalmist wrote, “Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day” (Psalm 119:97 NKJV).

If you’re feeling down and listless spiritually, if fear and anxiety is flooding your life, you need the Word of God. You need to spend time in the Word of God every day. Martin Luther said this about God’s Word: “The Bible is alive. It speaks to me. It has feet. It runs after me.”

That is what God wants to happen in your life. As you open His Word, it will speak to your heart. So if you want to be a growing Christian, you must read, study, and love the Word of God.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Amen, been doing that all my life - well, since about age 16, and taught our boys to do the same. We are seeing the results in our grandchildren. My Dad did the same, I see the results in me.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

USMC 77, USRA 79

Praise God... and and awesome legacy
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Amen, I see this in my children also but there are a lot who only call on God and read when they are in some type of trouble.