RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: winchester miroku 38 55

Boolit Mold

winchester miroku 38 55

how long is brass that is used in 38 55. Thinking of buying win. miroku 38. 55 any help pro or con. Any scope mounts available for same. Thanks from canada

Boolit Buddy
    https://www.starlinebrass.com/38-55-long-brass-2125

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    https://www.starlinebrass.com/38-55-brass-2080

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There are two basic lengths 2.125" and 2.085". The long brass is made to fit many hiwall clones (I have a Pedersoli) and also fits the Winchester commemorities. With black powder loads a fireformed 'long' case holds about 4 gns more powder.
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

So your saying I should be using the long brass for my Crazy Horse?

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Browning 1886 that does very well with the star-line 2.125 long brass .

Boolit Master
    Strangely enough, I called Starline after I got my Legendary Frontiersman and asked which length of their brass to order. I was passed to someone they called their ballistician and he told me to order the short brass for that rifle and I did. It seems to function just fine. I'm only shooting smokeless now, but I may try some of my stash of KIK fffg in it with the Lee boolit. GF

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    I have a Browning 1886 that does very well with the star-line 2.125 long brass .
    ?? Ok, whats that got to do with 38/55? I didn't know there was more than one standard length for 45/70.

Boolit Buddy

I use exclusively Starline 2.085" cases in four 38-55 rifles; two Marlin 336 Cowboys, one full length and one that was cut to 18" by a previous owner, a 20" Cimarron 1894 carbine, and a 24" Winchester/Miroku 1894 rifle. They work just fine in all four.

I have to use the thinwall short Starline cases in the Marlins with 0.380" 265 gr Moyer cast boolits because of the deep rifling and tight chamber in the Marlins. I tried my Marlin cartridges in the Cimarron and W/M guns and they also shot quarter-sized ORH groups off of bags on the bench at 50 yds. It wasn't broke, so I didn't waste time fixing it.

Noah

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Zark View Post
    I use exclusively Starline 2.085" cases in four 38-55 rifles; two Marlin 336 Cowboys, one full length and one that was cut to 18" by a previous owner, a 20" Cimarron 1894 carbine, and a 24" Winchester/Miroku 1894 rifle. They work just fine in all four.

I have to use the thinwall short Starline cases in the Marlins with 0.380" 265 gr Moyer cast boolits because of the deep rifling and tight chamber in the Marlins. I tried my Marlin cartridges in the Cimarron and W/M guns and they also shot quarter-sized ORH groups off of bags on the bench at 50 yds. It wasn't broke, so I didn't waste time fixing it.

Noah
    If you are using cast in miroku 38 55 what size of cast boolit u use

Boolit Buddy

2nd paragraph of my response above.

"I have to use the thinwall short Starline cases in the Marlins with 0.380" 265 gr Moyer cast boolits because of the deep rifling and tight chamber in the Marlins."

I buy the .380" 265 gr cast boolits from Randy Moyer of Moyer's Cast Bullets in Madisonburg, PA USA.

Noah

Boolit Master
    A chamber cast or a pound cast will reveal all.