Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beet Root Powder

Boolit Buddy

Beet Root Powder

Anyone use the beet root powder that claims it helps with blood flow and stamina? Any down side to using it?

Vendor Sponsor

You can read all about it here: https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-be...juice-powder#1

I grow beets for their greens, seeded very close together in shallow totes, pull them or cut them off with scissors when they are about 6" tall and steam them until they wilt, they are great. Tastes like spinach only better.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Started taking it this morning. Not sure if what happened to me today is from the powder or not. I took it around 6am and around 10 am I got light headed and felt like I was going to vomit. This lasted for about two hours. I did eat something and have a few glasses of water around 1030 since I had not eaten yet today. I plan on taking the powder again in the morning and I will report back again. Its new to me.

I eat very little and am always moving. I only drink water and a cup of coffee in the morning with a drop of milk. I have a very large shoulder span and well come in at 245 lb. I have been trying for years to drop to 225 or more and nothing seems to help. So I am giving super beets a try.

I know of others who take it and lost some weight along with dropping blood pressure. Living in todays world we can all use some help in the lowering of our BP.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

My bottle just came today, going to start in the morning hoping it will drop BP a little bit, anything would be good.

Boolit Buddy
    It is advertised all day long on TV, but it has also been around for a long time. I'm tempted, but wanted to hear from some real world people.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm not sure about the powder ...but I'm probably one of the few who like eating cooked beets !
    I hate to admit it but I even like canned beets ...if I had known they were good for you , I probably wouldn't have started eating them . My Mom fixed them , put them on the plate ... they tasted good so I ate them .
    To find out they are good for you is a nice thing !
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 01-08-2022 at 06:12 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Used to think beets were disgusting when I was a kid. They would be around at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Thought they tasted like dirt...
    Now I like them.

Perhaps it was my move 30 years ago and finding that I like Greek salads from Coney Island restaurants. They have beets in them, and I eat whatever I pay for... mostly...

Don't freak out if you eat a lot one day and urine turns pink, it made me wonder what was wrong for a bit...

Boolit Buddy
    I’ll take mine pickled

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve always liked beets. The pickled ones are my favorite. You can put some hard boiled eggs in the juice to pickle them. Beet greens are really good too and supposedly very healthy for you. Does anyone know if you cut the greens off while the beets are in the ground, will the greens grow back?

Boolit Buddy
    I looked on Amazon yesterday, they have many different brands and types of beet supplements. I checked every brand, the beets are sourced from either China or India. A lot are processed and packaged here, but I couldn't find one where the beets were grown in USA.

Boolit Master
    Well had my drink at 6am and now onto my cup of coffee. So far so good. I will keep you updated.

Well at 8 oclock after bringing in the chicken eggs the wife cooked up some breakfast. I normally go without but we are trying somethings different. So far so good and its 9am. Will report back later.
    Last edited by Outer Rondacker; 01-08-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Boolit Master
    I like beets and yes, you can harvest the tops for greens, but I only take a few from each. They will grow back. Love them pickled and home canned.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    This is an interesting thread and I hope that you who are taking the beet powder will keep us abreast of how you think it works. I've never really paid any attention to it but being a diabetic (55 years_ with neuropathy and other issues . .. it might be something to try? I'm wondering how many of you that are taking it and are on BP medications have noticed a change in your BP readings?

I have always loved beets. When I was a kid, when we had a garden there are always beets. My mother canned them as well as slicing them to pickle - I love pickled beets. When I had gardens in later years, I always found beets easy to grow - no longer have the okay for a garden but kuje the idea of using shallow totes - will have to give it a try.

EDIT: Was just sitting here with my wife having breakfast and talking wither about it. She googled the side effects of beet root powder and one of them was it could cause kidney damage in some people. Not so good for those with decreased kidney function - I had forgotten that beets were one of the things on the list to avoid or use in limited amounts for those with decreased kidney function - so that would nix it for me.
    Last edited by bedbugbilly; 01-08-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Years ago I drank beet powder in water, but I never monitored anything. I don't remember any negatives.

I love beet greens. I can't eat the bulb though. Nothing wrong with it but it contains too many carbs for me. When I was growing beets I would plant them too close together and thin them out and cook up the greens with the tiny beetroot attached. Delicious! Never waste beet greens!

How are they cooked? Like spinach. I like to add some bacon to the pot first and brown it also to render out some of the fat which will stay in the pot. Then they get steamed, just the water that clings to the leaf is generally enough but if you do add water to the pot add it sparingly. .
    Last edited by BJK; 01-08-2022 at 06:15 PM.
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Master
    Well I said I would keep you all updated. I hope that by doing so the OP does not get upset. Its half past noon and I feel fine. Perhaps it was a fluke, or I have a to eat breakfast with this stuff. I searched the good old web and no mention of having to eat with the glass of Beet Juice powder.

The wife made a comment, She said are you sure you didn't drink your bullet cooking powder by mistake. Haha

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings Outer Ron....
    Weight loss.... Cut out all sugars ! Period But you have to decide.
    You will loose one pound a day.
    Read every label. Every product. If you bought it in a store it is sugarized.
    I weighed myself today... 140... 2 pounds over what I weighed when I ETS'd from the "Green Machine" in July, 74.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Greetings Outer Ron....
    Weight loss.... Cut out all sugars ! Period But you have to decide.
    You will loose one pound a day.
    Read every label. Every product. If you bought it in a store it is sugarized.
    I weighed myself today... 140... 2 pounds over what I weighed when I ETS'd from the "Green Machine" in July, 74.
    I have been almost 0 sugar for about 7 months now. Light on the carbs. Dont really need to read many labels since I do not eat out or prepared foods very often. Twice a month would be a lot. Cannot be a stiff at the grandkid's birthday party. We grow most of our own and harvest the rest. I will keep it up but by adding the beet root powder I was hoping things would change. I could use the lower BP also as this modern world urks me to no end. Doctor wants to keep prescribing me drugs I would like to prescribe him a short pier to walk off of.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I’ve always liked beets. The pickled ones are my favorite. You can put some hard boiled eggs in the juice to pickle them. Beet greens are really good too and supposedly very healthy for you. Does anyone know if you cut the greens off while the beets are in the ground, will the greens grow back?
    I thin them when the root is no larger than my thumb. I cook the beet end with the greens.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

My best friend is a cycling coach who taught the world how to train with power meters. He has been working with beet powder for a number of years, and swears it creates a very measurable improvement in the power you can produce during exercise. He and his girlfriend just got back from competing in a mountain bike race in Peru, at very high altitudes. They used it there and said it not only made the race possible but allowed them to finish in the top of their classes. Evidently it increases the nitrogen oxides in your blood (just like ******) allowing it to carry more oxygen to your muscle cells. Not sure if it helps with sex or not...

Wow, I didn't know that was a censored word. The blue pills I guess.

Boolit Grand Master

I cut out carbs for the most part and stuck with meat and vegs. Only sugar is 2tsps in coffee everyday but I never ate much in the first place. I lost 16lbs without really trying.

As for beets, I was one of those weird kids that would eat anything. Beets, turnips, brussel sprouts, cabbage etc. Not fussy at all. Cinnamon and garlic are both supposed to be good for your blood. I eat a lot of garlic so don't talk any supplements like that.

I do recommend one of the green powders like Puritans Pride Life's Greens or similar which has beet powder in it and tastes not bad I think. I mix a scoop in grapefruit juice and it looks green and weird but tastes good https://www.puritan.com/green-food-0...formula-005225 Easy way to get everything in one shot.
    Last edited by jonp; 01-09-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast