Load DataWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: anyone else a chronic "saver" of brass?

Boolit Bub
    I have two metal ammo cans full of 223 brass. I don’t even have a 223 but I still pick it up at the range if I find it. I do load for 6x45 and 300 blackout so I do have some use for it. I do have several boxes of heavyweight .224 J bullets, so I might just have to build a fast twist 223 ar upper just to shoot them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    Had lots of brass and hulls. Moved 1000 miles. Adult sons limited how much lead I could move. Had sold some hulls here. Got to keep 5 gal buckets full of each color. Still unpacking brass and bullets to determine exactly what I have. Does anyone have any 25/35 Win brass that they would like to trade? Just got an 1899 Model 94 Win and can't find any ammo yet.

Boolit Master

Im bad for keeping a lot of brass on hand. I sell the nice brass that i have excess of. The stained stuff i keep for loading. Im way ahead on 9mm brass.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

I pick up brass on the ground for the few calibers I load,
    and there's no way I'll leave a .45ACP case on the ground.

If I end up with a bunch I don't load for, I'll give them to someone who does.
    Like .40S&W- without my glasses, they look a lot like a .45, so I'll pick 'em up and sort them out later.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Besides accurate shooting, a successful day at the range for me includes coming home with more brass than I fired.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I am also an addict. I am a crow at heart. I will pick up any shiny object I see on the ground, just in case it is something I could use, someday. I pick up every useable piece of brass larger than .22RF that I find. I live up north surrounded by woods and I know where people go to shoot. I am guilty of going a little out of my way to stop by those spots and pick up brass. I am also an NRA and IDPA RO, and I insist that all brass that is under foot get picked up while the targets are being reset/pasted and returned to the shooter if they want it, (I have seen more than one shooter fall on their butt with a loaded gun while moving through a stage, almost always this results in a DQ, either from dropping the firearm, or breaking the 180 rule). However, I am pragmatic about keeping brass. I keep everything that I shoot, and everything that is generally in circulation, (,.223, 9mm 40mm, .45acp, 3006, .270, 30-30) whether I need it or not. Other stuff I sort and save and then trade it for things I do shoot.
    I own enough of everything I shoot to keep me going for the rest of my life, and the hunting rifles through my grandchildren's lives.
    Brass isn't making me nervous, primer and powder availability is.

9mm and 223 seem to be what .22's were to me back in the day- amazing how much of them I pick up. Personally, don't think much of the .223- but just counted 14 old eight pound powder jugs full of brass for one... ain't gonna count the 9mm containers.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Master
    ya you got the bug
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

I scavenged some puffed up 30-30 (a couple of pieces) and figured out they were 30-30 fire formed to 38-55. Guess what; I have a Marlin I bought new in 1978 that I haven't even shot the original box of ammo I purchased with the rifle and called JES today and the rifle will be on it's way to him this week for a re-bore to 38-55. This is the second time pickin up brass has cost me money.

Boolit Buddy
    I save every piece of brass I get my hands on. I also share with other club members or people who are in need. I like to share the wealth.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234