MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: anyone else a chronic "saver" of brass?

If one reloads I'd be willing to bet they collect brass. I even pick up .22 rimfire brass. I figure someday I might need it for bullet jackets.
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Master
    I do cowboy action shooting. After each shooter, ALL of the brass is picked up BEFORE the next shooter takes a turn.

Boolit Master
    You guys should all seek help and leave the brass to me.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Vendor Sponsor

I see it as doing my part to save the environment .. yea thats it for the environment
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Buddy
    Bought a new Kimber 38 Super because I had 1,000 rounds of reloads from a pistol I sold 29 years ago.

Banned
    i have a plethora of '06 that i'll never use. but i do case reforming, 7,8 and 9.3x57 & 7.65x53 are formed by '06 brass.

i forgot 6.5x55
    Last edited by todd9.3x57; 01-04-2022 at 10:36 PM. Reason: add on

Boolit Buddy
    Can't help it, nickels, nickels everywhere is what I see, to be traded, reloaded or sold as scrap. All for free no less.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Bub
    I go to the range to shoot and come home with 3 to 4 times the brass, all pistol caliber. I keep the 9mm, 40 S&W and .45 ACP and bag the rest to put out at the club for free to a good home.
    It is not being cheap to pick up brass, it is being frugal.

Cheap: purchasable below the going price or the real value

Frugal: careful about spending money or using things when you do not need to : using money or supplies in a very careful way

Also a CAS brass picker. What I do but I have run the timer when the usual ro’s were out. It was nice at the last zombie match that I attended as I was the only .45 pcc shooter in my squad everyone was giving me my brass back while policing up their 9mms.

Boolit Master
    Polite shooters leave .45 ACP Range Brass for GONRA's 1928 Thompson SMG reloading....

Boolit Master

Absolutely. I tumble all of it and package in easy quantities, stored in rubbermaid totes. When the stash gets big enough it goes on here for sale or trade. Like all things 2A, I figure it's always going to be worth something.

My problem is that as soon as I clear out a caliber I don't have, I suddenly acquire something in that caliber unexpectedly. Case in point: I sold several thousand rounds of 38 Special ammo, along with at least that much brass in the same caliber and 357 Magnum. I pick up my 686 this Thursday and have next to nothing to get going with it.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    I got lots of brass and die's that I have no firearm for. To me it's a resource that could very well be very useful in the future. I can always sell it or trade it. It's just chock full of intrinsic value.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    I have new brass,dies for 35 remington but nothing to shoot in. As for dies,so many sets that I keep a list on the inside of my die cabinet to remind me not to buy anymore. Keep most of my brass in freezer bags and boxes. Heck I lost nearly 2000 45acp hard cast bullets. Found them at the bottom of my storage shelves. Brass alone would probably fill the bed of my truck. Frank

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Picking up brass is exercise, Real exercise is digging the berm and shifting out the lead, The real exercise is getting it loaded up in the truck.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    People get annoyed with me at IDPA matches because I’m busy picking up my brass instead of taping targets.

But I just can’t help it.
    I tape targets then pick up some brass, no need to annoy people.

The public range where I go has mounds of 9mm, lots of 22RF, and some 40 S&W. The majority is steel and aluminum. I collect them all; the steel and Al go to the scrap yard along with soda cans. The last pistol I purchased I call my "Aluminum Gun" because that's what funded it.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    Just wondering this, am I the only one who has been driving by the gun club or range to stop in and not shoot just to scoop up the brass?
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am too lazy to pick up brass I cannot use. And I am too practical to amass a pile of brass for a caliber I do not need and then buy a gun to use it in.

Year ago, I was buying 9mm and .40 brass for not much more than scrap value. IIRC I was paying $25/k for 9mm delivered. That is about 9 lbs. Scrap was about $2/lb. Not worth the time to sort, and clean range pickups. I think I bought 6-7k once fired cases and that will last me a lifetime.

Makes sense to pickup valuable brass to resell if you have no use for it. Can't see storing it for years.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

When I started reloading in 1967 I discovered in my town very few reloaded . We had a local free outdoor public pistol range that was never closed or gated shut . I discovered that if I got up early on Sunday morning and went there with my broom and dust pan I could pick up all the brass ...on the concrete and in the trash barrel ...people would shoot revolvers , put empties back into factory box and drop in trash ... semi-auto I swept up . I would fill a 5 gallon bucket every morning .
    4 years ago I bought my first new brass ...100 Starline 357 Magnum cases ...just because I had never had new brass with one head stamp and all my 357 brass was wearing out and it was on sale !
    I'm a brass hound from way back and hated to come home with less brass than I went with ...
    Always felt the need / desire to scrounge more brass !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned
    Brass I can’t use I store in 5 gallon buckets till full then I sell it for scrap.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast